I wonder if these people removed the autotips?

S.S.Oceanlover

haha ...yeah you could think of it that way... sometimes I do admire creativity even if it is a bit eveil ;) BUT the "media" never reported this story, only some bogus website where YOU release your own news "stories"... ahhhh the power of the internet!!! But I still think Carnival would have a slander (or is it libel, I always get those confused?) against him...

Slander, the SPOKEN word

Libel, the PRINTED word

Carnival would still have to prove damages and based on what I see here, if anything, Carnival is buoyed up from this "questionable" incident with its "questionable" reasons for banishment.

Slander, the SPOKEN word

Libel, the PRINTED word

Carnival would still have to prove damages and based on what I see here, if anything, Carnival is buoyed up from this "questionable" incident with its "questionable" reasons for banishment.

I doubt you will see this taken to the "public media" by this family.

The main reason...if they do...then Carnival gets to tell the world what really happened....and I can't see this guy wanting that.

I mean, he didn't even want "questions or comments" (except "poor me") on this website....

I found a statements from the letter that sounded screwy.

She pointed out a few things to him, the Bud Lite was purchased on the boat where they remove the bottle tops before serving the beer, there were no removed bottle tops in the room and Bud Lite has twist off caps!

You can order beer in your room and the caps are still intact. Just because the caps are twist offs does not mean you can't use an opener. Openers are used all the time with twist offs.

When I first saw the marks I thought it looked a lot like bite marks. Is the kid teething?:confused:

This was the part I questioned too. I pre-ordered the 4 Bud Beers in a cooler with a mug and hat for DH when we were on the Freedom in July. The bottle tops were not twist off. DH used the lid of the ice bucket to pry off the bottle tops. You did needed something to open those bottles. I don't know how the buckets of beer worked since we didn't get them. Do they open all the bottles up at once when you order the buckets of beer or just the bottle you are drinking from? Doesn't sound like we have the full story.

This was the part I questioned too. I pre-ordered the 4 Bud Beers in a cooler with a mug and hat for DH when we were on the Freedom in July. The bottle tops were not twist off. DH used the lid of the ice bucket to pry off the bottle tops. You did needed something to open those bottles. I don't know how the buckets of beer worked since we didn't get them. Do they open all the bottles up at once when you order the buckets of beer or just the bottle you are drinking from? Doesn't sound like we have the full story.

They open them as you drink them, you just have to flag down the guy or someone else that sold you the bucket. We just bring our own along.

Was this on the Freedom?

John was just the CD on the Freedom and wrote about kids who were dropping ice cream from the top of the Atrium ONTO the duo that plays in the lobby.

It was a real mess and the Duo had to stop playing early because of this.

Yes, they were on the Freedom "boat".

What I don't understand is that whenever we have been on a cruise, we had to get up at the crack of dawn on the last morning and be out of the cabin. I never saw my cabin steward and we hung out in other parts of the ship. I would think that the most likely scenario when damage is discovered is to charge the cost to the credit card on file, which is something the family wouldn't have discovered until they got home? Unless they called them over the loudspeaker to go back to the cabin and discuss the damage. But that is such minor damage that I can't imagine them going to all that trouble.

What do they normally do if they find a cabin damaged?

Maggie

Yes, they were on the Freedom "boat".

What I don't understand is that whenever we have been on a cruise, we had to get up at the crack of dawn on the last morning and be out of the cabin. I never saw my cabin steward and we hung out in other parts of the ship. I would think that the most likely scenario when damage is discovered is to charge the cost to the credit card on file, which is something the family wouldn't have discovered until they got home? Unless they called them over the loudspeaker to go back to the cabin and discuss the damage. But that is such minor damage that I can't imagine them going to all that trouble.

What do they normally do if they find a cabin damaged?

Maggie

We walked into a cabin (years ago) and found the mirror had a big crack going up the side. I called maintenance immediately a) because I did not want to be blamed for breaking it b) it was a hazard to my boys who were young at the time.

Over the years...we have stayed in cabins in various stages of wear and tear and have never had an issue.

I am guessing that this had nothing to do with a damaged cabin and everything to do with the real reason this family got banned ...and this guy is trying to use these pictures (and this story) as a smoke screen.

Know I will be flamed for this comment, but why is it Carnival can do no wrong? Just curious. We have not found a cruise line or resort that is perfect yet. I think we all have been on a Carnival cruise where a Carnival employee has provided less than adequate customer service.

Exactly

I really don't think they were "held," I think they spent all that time arguing back and forth - it just sounds better for the story to say you were detained rather than delayed. They could have left and Carnival would have billed their credit card and then they could have fought it. It happens all the time in hotels. Most hotels would eat that amount of damage though so there is a lot more to this story, most likely some verbal physical threats in the middle of the argument.

Again, exactly.

Taking this at face value... I would not have signed anything.. call the police.. call whomever.. I am not signing.. The damage is so inconsequential.. This is not "intentional" damage, this is damage from use.. small quarters.. crap happens and stuff bangs and slams into the counter

By the way they claim they were treated you'd think a metal band stayed in the room and trashed the place..

Something is not adding up..

If this is what it is... Carnival is out of line! big time!... But something is definitely missing from this story...

Having dealt with running hotels and the damage that can happen to rooms, I would have to agree, these trim pieces are put there for this reason, they get knocked, they get damaged and they are quick and easy to repair.

Maybe the banning had more to do with attitude than actual damage. None of us will probably ever know the complete truth.

And there we have it.

Though CCL will never come out and tell us it's side of the story, here is what I see having happened.

The room steward reports the damage to his/ her boss, her boss takes a look and reports it to the hotel manager, from there the guest is asked about it, ego's on both sides take over, both sides paint themselves into a corner with the Carnival employee thinking they are in the right and the pax thinking he is in the right. Now to save face the hotel manager bans the pax for life and the pax responds in the only way he can, basically trashing CCL on the net.

Having dealt with CCL front office and corp office I can say that there are some there that are just, well, stupid beyond belief, when faced with facts they buried their heads in the sand and said I was wrong, however when my problem finally made it up high enough the person took one look at what we had to show them, said sorry, gave us a very nice credit for our next cruise and said I was right.

In the end CCL got some bad publicity over a $10 piece of trim, they lost a pax for life and they got a 7 page (to date ) thread on here, all in all not smart, replace the trim, make a note on the pax's record about the damage and move on, if it happens again then you have a pattern and you can act on that.

Having said that, we are really only getting one side of the story, having dealt with guest myself who could only be described as complete as***les there are times when management has to step up and say enough is enough.

Was John the CD during this time frame ?

This thread is great. It has brought out all the sea lawyers and crystal ball readers. On another thread all the marriage counselors are coming out of the closet. CC ya got to love it.:D

What you don't like my idea of taking her sister instead ?

It could have gone down the way the last poster said... but I think the evidence is stronger that the furniture was not the reason for the banning. Probably not even the spark that lit the fire. But that's just my opinion and without facts, that's all we really have.

Exactly

Again, exactly.

Having dealt with running hotels and the damage that can happen to rooms, I would have to agree, these trim pieces are put there for this reason, they get knocked, they get damaged and they are quick and easy to repair.

And there we have it.

Though CCL will never come out and tell us it's side of the story, here is what I see having happened.

The room steward reports the damage to his/ her boss, her boss takes a look and reports it to the hotel manager, from there the guest is asked about it, ego's on both sides take over, both sides paint themselves into a corner with the Carnival employee thinking they are in the right and the pax thinking he is in the right. Now to save face the hotel manager bans the pax for life and the pax responds in the only way he can, basically trashing CCL on the net.

Having dealt with CCL front office and corp office I can say that there are some there that are just, well, stupid beyond belief, when faced with facts they buried their heads in the sand and said I was wrong, however when my problem finally made it up high enough the person took one look at what we had to show them, said sorry, gave us a very nice credit for our next cruise and said I was right.

In the end CCL got some bad publicity over a $10 piece of trim, they lost a pax for life and they got a 7 page (to date ) thread on here, all in all not smart, replace the trim, make a note on the pax's record about the damage and move on, if it happens again then you have a pattern and you can act on that.

Having said that, we are really only getting one side of the story, having dealt with guest myself who could only be described as complete as***les there are times when management has to step up and say enough is enough.

Was John the CD during this time frame ?

What you don't like my idea of taking her sister instead ?

It's all just speculation...... and when you say Carnival lost a pax for life are you sure that'a a negative? The small scratch that shows in the pictures more than likely has nothing to do with the ban. And hang around long enough here and you'll see hundreds of pages devoted to bashing Carnival, sometimes for good reason sometimes not.

It's interesting.

And it will be interesting if there is some clarification from either side.

The guy published his name, address and booking number, so maybe there will be.

About John Heald...sometimes he does print names...much to the not so pleased surprise of the individual...who definitely did not throw ice cream, bite counters or wrestle with security...

And I don't think that it is odd to have photographed the children standing by the desk...inside the cabin there are not a lot of places to stand that are not close to furniture.

The damage in the photos does not look like scratches to me, but more like damage done by striking the edge of the desk with some force.

I too would have called the police if I had been held against my will on a cruise ship.

Sometimes passengers do board while passengers from the last cruise are still on board. My sister experienced this when a cruise was very late causing most of the pax to miss flights.

She had to sit in the theater for more than five hours waiting for Carnival to find her someplace to go.

And from now on I will check carefully for damage in the cabin and photograph it too.

Oh, and I will never never never attend the art auction...I already heave enough ugly prints in the attic to keep me supplied for life:)

It's all just speculation...... and when you say Carnival lost a pax for life are you sure that'a a negative? The small scratch that shows in the pictures more than likely has nothing to do with the ban. And hang around long enough here and you'll see hundreds of pages devoted to bashing Carnival, sometimes for good reason sometimes not.

I don't doubt it had very little to do with the banning, more than likely both parties let their egos get in front of common sense.

About John Heald...sometimes he does print names...much to the not so pleased surprise of the individual...who definitely did not throw ice cream, bite counters or wrestle with security...

I remember when he published your name and thought that was in poor taste. I really like his blog and style, but I know what you mean.

I remember when he published your name and thought that was in poor taste. I really like his blog and style, but I know what you mean.

I did appreciate his help in getting that straightened out.

But I do think that publishing my name was intentional.

It did make me feel kind of violated in a way.

At least I have a fairly common name.:)

Anyway, when I read things that Carnival has done or said that sound odd, I take it with a grain of salt.

Those folks do some very odd things...

Just sayin'

That is interesting.

And somehow reminds me of the time my younger brother used the cigarette lighter in the car to burn little circles into the dashboard of mom's van...

The circlular scratch does look like it would have came from a bottle top. COnsidering the scratch next to his hand and the edges all marked up maybe there was more damage than they showed.

The circlular scratch does look like it would have came from a bottle top. COnsidering the scratch next to his hand and the edges all marked up maybe there was more damage than they showed.

Yes it does.

Somehow the bottle opener in the child's hand casts a whole different light on the photo.

And the edge of the desk looks like the wood is really damaged.

And it also looks like, well, maybe not an accident.

Especially since there are several similar damaged areas.

I would be really upset if someone did that in my house...

And I have also got to wonder how many really creepy people have downloaded the child's photo.:(

Yes it does.

Somehow the bottle opener in the child's hand casts a whole different light on the photo.

And the edge of the desk looks like the wood is really damaged.

And it also looks like, well, maybe not an accident.

Especially since there are several similar damaged areas.

I would be really upset if someone did that in my house...

And I have also got to wonder how many really creepy people have downloaded the child's photo.:(

Somebody mentioned in a past post that it wouldn't be hard to replace the edge. That is not true. They probably would have to junk the whole top. I did that for a living. It is called wood edge. You have to cut the angle to meet the other angles to a 45 degree, you glue it on and router a bullnose edge router the bottom flush and then sand it down flat to meet the formica, stain it and seal it. SO that does not sound as easy as it looks. You can't just pop one on.

Somebody mentioned in a past post that it wouldn't be hard to replace the edge. That is not true. They probably would have to junk the whole top. I did that for a living. It is called wood edge. You have to cut the angle to meet the other angles to a 45 degree, you glue it on and router a bullnose edge router the bottom flush and then sand it down flat to meet the formica, stain it and seal it. SO that does not sound as easy as it looks. You can't just pop one on.

I stand corrected. Now that I see it close up, it is not the kind of edge I had in mind at all. Probably should have been though. Would have been a lot easier and cheaper to fix.;)

Archived