Must Ask - Captians Club Article

AnthonyF

I am curious and can't help myself, but saw an article on a couple (look in their 50's) who cruise 200 days a year!!!! How is that possible and where do I find a job/career that would allow that?

Look I've often joked that it may be cheaper to cruise then be in an old age home, but this was a fairly young couple spending over 50% of the year cruising..... Heck I have plenty of holidays, but this is over the top....:D

Hi Anthony !

I'm fairly sure I recall which article you are referring to, I'm not going to identify them, but they post on here often. They are an absolutely wonderful couple. I've had the pleasure of meeting them several times, and it is always a joy to cruise with them !

I'm not sure of their secret, and I surely would not speak for them, but if I was able to do it, I'd be sailing 200 days a year too :). Personally, I never look at what others have, but I am thankful for what I have.

Hi Anthony !

I'm fairly sure I recall which article you are referring to, I'm not going to identify them, but they post on here often. They are an absolutely wonderful couple. I've had the pleasure of meeting them several times, and it is always a joy to cruise with them !

I'm not sure of their secret, and I surely would not speak for them, but if I was able to do it, I'd be sailing 200 days a year too :). Personally, I never look at what others have, but I am thankful for what I have.

I didn't mean to be nasty in any way or disparaging and certainly am thankful for what I have. Curiosity sometimes gets the better of me......:o

I didn't mean to be nasty in any way or disparaging and certainly am thankful for what I have. Curiosity sometimes gets the better of me......:o

Anthony,

I didn't get that you were being nasty, disparaging or not happy with what you have from your post. I too was curious when I read the referenced article. And, truth be told, I am just a bit envious of anyone being able to cruise 200+ days a year even though I am very happy with my life and very grateful to be able to cruise at all. :)

Susan

Hi Anthony !

I'm fairly sure I recall which article you are referring to,

Hi Andy.

The new Captain's Club Fall Issue is late coming to many CC posters.

We had the good fortune of being featured in last year's issue when we passed the 100 cruise credit mark. The featured couple in the Fall issue do not post on Cruise Critic (I have never read any posts) but they do attend on board parties. The other couple mentioned in the article does post to various roll calls.

When Connie sails through the canal this December, it will mark the first time that three couples will be on board who have passed that 100 threshold.

We however "only" get to spend a third of our time on Celebrity ships.

200 days at sea is an absolutely remarkable milestone for any cruise-lover.

Hi Andy.

The new Captain's Club Fall Issue is late coming to many CC posters.

We had the good fortune of being featured in last year's issue when we passed the 100 cruise credit mark. The featured couple in the Fall issue do not post on Cruise Critic (I have never read any posts) but they do attend on board parties. The other couple mentioned in the article does post to various roll calls.

When Connie sails through the canal this December, it will mark the first time that three couples will be on board who have passed that 100 threshold.

We however "only" get to spend a third of our time on Celebrity ships.

200 days at sea is an absolutely remarkable milestone for any cruise-lover.

You and the other two couples are just making it that much harder for any of us to catch up with you. Kudos to all of you....enjoy all your days at sea. :-)

We've cruised with the three famous couples and look forward to future cruises with you.

I just got my CC newsletter today and the couple is giving their name

out on there. So not sure why it would be a secret on the net?

Their last name is in the animal category.;)

I guess you have to start somewhere. I remember thinking I would

never make 10 cruises and now I have gone beyond 20:D

So maybe eventually I will hit 50......have to get there before 100;)

Hi Anthony !

I absolutely wasnt trying to infer that you were nasty or disparaging. For what it's worth, my comments about the couple were not accurate anyway, since this new article refers to someone else (Sorry Arno !)

I was not aware that you were referring to a new issue of Captains Club Magazine. I think they send my issue by snail, as I'm always amongst the last to recieve it, so I will probably be recieving this issue sometime in 2010 :). I hope they put it on the Celebrity website.

Hi Anthony !

I absolutely wasnt trying to infer that you were nasty or disparaging. For what it's worth, my comments about the couple were not accurate anyway, since this new article refers to someone else (Sorry Arno !)

I was not aware that you were referring to a new issue of Captains Club Magazine. I think they send my issue by snail, as I'm always amongst the last to recieve it, so I will probably be recieving this issue sometime in 2010 :). I hope they put it on the Celebrity website.

No offense taken..... My spouse often comments on my big mouth so I try to be sensitive (and often fail) when I post.....;)

Starting to figure out our next trip..... Always dreaming....:rolleyes:

It is not there at this time.

It is not there at this time.

Hi Finely !

Thanks. I checked earlier today, and they still have the old issue posted. I hope they will get to it soon.

I'm in Calgary and I just got mine yesterday. (monday Aug 31). I guess I'm at the bottom of the newsletter totem pole. :p

No you aren't...I just got mine yesterday too. Or we both are;)

I Their last name is in the animal category.;)

I have not gotten my newsletter yet, but with Lois' wonderful hint, I know exactly who they are. Sailed with them in 2007. Even if I had all the time and money I don't know if I'd want to be on-board that many days. Too much of a good thing usually ruins the fun.

I think 50 days a year at sea would be enough for me.

Anne Maria

I am an elite member now(diamond on rccl) and have my first celebrity cruise booked for dec 2010, Do I have to wait until I take that cruise before I get this magazine? :o

no. We have not sailed on Celebrity yet and still got the newsletter.

Do you get the magazine via e-mail or snail mail? I don't seem to get it at all.

Snail mail.

Archived