Majesty of the Seas, just got home....

Hi everyone! Just got back from our 9-7 sailing on the Majesty and had to check in. Once again, we had great weather and even got to Coco Cay and it was wonderful. The seas were so calm you could not even tell the ship was moving. :D

Thanks for the update. I have never been to Coco Cay and hope we are lucky in March to be able to see it. I know it is iffy if the seas are choppy.

Glad you had a great time. :)

Our juggler was Michael James. He was very funny and had a petite female guest come up on stage. He had her get on his shoulders and he rode a unicycle and did a couple tricks with her on his shoulders....what a hoot. He also did a ladder trick which was also quite funny.

Wow!!! In this day and age I am suprised, what if he dropped her? In this litigeous society it is a wonder he took the risk. Do you think she was a planted performer? Just curious, I think it would be neat to see either way.

We had a great cruise, with wonderful weather. Our SO cabin was a really good choice. The food, entertainment, crew, just everything was top notch. Couldn't have asked for a better vacation. I'm working on a review, with pictures that I'll post soon. Just wanted to do a quick "we got home" post first. Any questions that I am able to answer, I'll be glad to try!

Was the muster drill inside or out, lifejackets or not? Thanks

Wow!!! In this day and age I am suprised, what if he dropped her? In this litigeous society it is a wonder he took the risk. Do you think she was a planted performer? Just curious, I think it would be neat to see either way.

Good point.

Maybe she was pre-selected and had already signed a waiver. Maybe they had even practiced.

Capt Bjorn was quite proud to tell me in May when we sailed with him.

Thats strange, when we were on the bridge tour on the Indy in April and on the bridge tour with Captain Johnny on the Mariner we heard exactly the same one liner:confused:;)

So as you said "this Summer" are they awarding the #1 in the fleet on a monthly basis??

I think she may have rehearsed it with him. The reason I say this is she looked alot like one of the people that were in the Gotta Dance performance. They had a few guests join a Gotta Dance group (like the older dance troop that dances with the NBA teams) and they did a performance just prior to the farewell show. They may have met during the rehearsals for that. She was middle-aged and did seem alittle apprehensive about the whole thing. Very entertaining though!

Capt Bjorn was quite proud to tell me in May when we sailed with him.

I am sure he is wrong. Probably just Marketing Hype or he was refering to RCCL ships that only do 3 and 4 day Bahama routes. LOL that narrows it down to a category it might win. That old rusted bolt bucket will soon be gone and I can't wait. I will look forward to newer ship that takes its place.

I think she may have rehearsed it with him. The reason I say this is she looked alot like one of the people that were in the Gotta Dance performance. They had a few guests join a Gotta Dance group (like the older dance troop that dances with the NBA teams) and they did a performance just prior to the farewell show. They may have met during the rehearsals for that. She was middle-aged and did seem alittle apprehensive about the whole thing. Very entertaining though!

Either way I am sure it was entertaining. Would love to see something similar. Give a middle aged woman a lot of credit just to go out and do it no matter if they practiced it or not!

[quote name='crusing48/51']We had a great cruise, with wonderful weather. Our SO cabin was a really good choice. The food, entertainment, crew, just everything was top notch. Couldn't have asked for a better vacation. I'm working on a review, with pictures that I'll post soon. Just wanted to do a quick "we got home" post first. Any questions that I am able to answer, I'll be glad to try![/quote]

Glad you had a great trip. Our first time on her was back in May of this year. We are addicted and going again next year for our wedding anniversary. She ranks second only to my beloved Adventure who we are seeing off next month before she heads to Europe next year.:(

Archived