11 adults and 3 children for cabana

bahama daydreamer

Can anyone help me with this? There will be 11 adults and 3 children in our group and we would like to rent a cabana. Should we rent 1 cabana and pay the extra charge for the extra people or rent 2 cabanas? We would still have an extra charge for some of our group. What is the best way to handle this?

For the amount you'd pay in upcharges for the extra people, you might want to consider renting the big cabana (I think it's called the Grand Oasis). I know it's available for Holland America cruises (costs around $1200 I think) but not sure if you can book it with Carnival as well. It includes lots of extra perks that you might be interested in.

From everything I've read, the cabanas are very roomy for two people, and comfortable with four people, but I can't imagine that it would work for 14 people, especially as there's only 4 chairs inside and 2 loungers outside.

I don't think 14 bodies will even FIT in a cabana! From what I understand, no one really checks how many are in the cabana....so if most are off, doing watersport things, swimming, etc...and will just be coming and going...I'd just book for the 4! I don't think there's a "rule" about others "dropping in for a visit"!

I don't think 14 bodies will even FIT in a cabana! From what I understand, no one really checks how many are in the cabana....so if most are off, doing watersport things, swimming, etc...and will just be coming and going...I'd just book for the 4! I don't think there's a "rule" about others "dropping in for a visit"!

On the other hand, it would be a very unpleasant surprise to actually be charged for the extra people, especially so many extras, and the cruise line would definitely be within it's rights to do so.

I think 2 cabanas are in order here. The cabanas are roomy, but about the best you can do is an additional two people (which is what I think they let you book for guests beyond the included 4). And they do check the cabanas, from other posts I've seen here. I know on our cruise they came by to check on us.

Thanks for the advice. We'll probably just go ahead and get 2 cabanas. I would like to have the Oasis but the cost split between 4 couples wouldn't be worth it. The last time we were there it was just 4 of us and only 1 stayed in the cabana the whole time. I think we can do it with 2 cabanas without a problem.

• 3 years later...

we are on Allure 9-23-2012. is anyone interested in parting with 2 wrist bands that they may not be using. my wife and i are retirement age FYI. yes we would compensate for the two. (We don't want a whole cabana for 2-- not that there are any available.)

we are on Allure 9-23-2012. is anyone interested in parting with 2 wrist bands that they may not be using. my wife and i are retirement age FYI. yes we would compensate for the two. (We don't want a whole cabana for 2-- not that there are any available.)

you may want to check on your roll call - several folks on ours have paired up to share cabanas.

Archived