Cabin Availability on rccl.com?

emilymad

I am looking at a cruise on the Oasis for May and when I pick any category of cabin it only gives me the choice of one or two cabins. Is that what is really available or just the cabin RCCL is trying to get rid of at the moment? Is there a better way to see what the options are or am I better off calling?

Firefly, I don't know if that's true. I've read dozens of times on this board that RCI only shows a few cabins in each category and MANY more are available if you call...

In general, however, they will show five in each available category.

THEN you know that there are more, because five is the maximum that they show.

Firefly is correct.

If only one or two are showing, that's probably it.

However, for more searching, MANY travel agent sites on the internet show more than rccl.com shows.

So try any of them. If they are showing just the same one or two, then you know that that is the sum of the availability.

For the cruise I have booked, RCCL only showed 3 JS...but another site showed about a dozen, including the one i wanted....

took a couple calls, but i was able to get the cabin i saw elsewhere....( i think it had gotten stuck in space for a couple hours-no one could book it for a while....:confused: but i succeeded. yay!)

Sometimes, when there are cabins available on more than one deck within a category, RCCL may show 1 or 2 cabins on EACH deck. If you add up all of the cabins on EACh deck within the category and it is 5, then there are likely more available to you. Easiest way to find out (if you cannot find an online TA that provides the info) would be to call RCCL direct.

Hope that made sense!

A~

Thanks for all your help! It is showing a total of 5 cabins available across all decks. I was suspicious because it was showing the same cabin on every deck as the only things available and these were also the cabins that are right next to the elevator. If that is all that is available that's fine but I wanted to double check first.

I guess I need to look at the deck plans a little more closely first.

cabins by the elevators are usually very good locations! You don't hear any noise from the elevators, and you have convenient access to all decks (if there are elevators, there are also stairs;))

Unless, of course, you are looking for a specific cabin.... then you might as well call RCCL.

:D

A~

There is a certain website that I can't mention here that shows all cabins available. If you let me know the date, I can give you a number of cabins available in the category you want.

Bet it's the same site I use all the time. I've been able to score aft corners on three cruises by monitoring availability at that site. Just scored a prime cabin this morning. RCI did NOT show that cabin as available.

cabins by the elevators are usually very good locations! You don't hear any noise from the elevators, and you have convenient access to all decks (if there are elevators, there are also stairs;))

Unless, of course, you are looking for a specific cabin.... then you might as well call RCCL.

:D

A~

Yes, I usually agree with this but on a new ship the layout makes me nervous! :) I just need a few doors down and I would feel better.

I will try to google this other website. I swear I use to know the name but now I can't seem to remember.

There is a certain website that I can't mention here that shows all cabins available. If you let me know the date, I can give you a number of cabins available in the category you want.

Yes there is. And I got a 5 day suspension from this board for posting it.

Archived