5 days prior to departure, but i didn't receive the paper documents

anywhere123

Good evening! I'm a 1st time cruiser, and need your help...

There're only 5 days (Sep 12) prior to departure of my princess cruise, but i didn't receive the paper documents yet. I was using an online agent to book the cruise, and I got the below note during my reservation.

"Electronic Documents provided by the cruise line will be sent out via-email 10-14 days prior to departure. Paper Documents provided by the cruise line will be sent to you approximately 10 days prior to departure."

I'm able to edit my information in princess official website, so that the booking should be fine. Do you know what are the paper documents about? and, what's the next step? Thank you very much!

Good evening! I'm a 1st time cruiser, and need your help...

There're only 5 days (Sep 12) prior to departure of my princess cruise, but i didn't receive the paper documents yet. I was using an online agent to book the cruise, and I got the below note during my reservation.

"Electronic Documents provided by the cruise line will be sent out via-email 10-14 days prior to departure. Paper Documents provided by the cruise line will be sent to you approximately 10 days prior to departure."

I'm able to edit my information in princess official website, so that the booking should be fine. Do you know what are the paper documents about? and, what's the next step? Thank you very much!

You should be able to print out your "Electronic Documents" as well as your Boarding Pass on your printer. As long as you have completed the on-line documentation, you will be fine. Just show tour proper ID at the check-in counter, and they will check you in.

So, you are saying the TA never even sent out your packet from Princess with your luggage tags and cruise contract?

You can go in and print your boarding pass on your booking at the Princess website, so you will be fine there. Even if your booking is closed, which happens on the Princess website 5 days before sailing, you can still print your boarding passes. Plus, if your luggage tags do not arrive, you can pick them up when you check in at the pier.

I would try to contact that TA though and find out why nothing was sent out to you. But even if they don't answer, aside from never booking with them again, you will be fine if you do as I mentioned above. But I can see where this could be very frustrating, especially for a first time cruiser. :(

And have a wonderful cruise!

I've already registered at Cruise Persnalizer some weeks ago, and have just printed the travel summary/Boarding Pass from the offical website. Hope everything goes smooth~~

Yes, we didn't get the packet from Princess with the luggage tags and cruise contract. We've booked as 2 individual transactions, and both of us didn't get the packet. Possibly, online agents provide a different services level than traditional agents.

Thanks everyone!!

You say you were able to edit things on the website?

I think you will find now it may be closed to updates but you can still print out your travel summary and boarding pass.

Better call Princess and find out whats up.

Better to make sure everything is ok now!

1-800- princess

I've already registered at Cruise Persnalizer some weeks ago, and have just printed the travel summary/Boarding Pass from the offical website. Hope everything goes smooth~~

Yes, we didn't get the packet from Princess with the luggage tags and cruise contract. We've booked as 2 individual transactions, and both of us didn't get the packet. Possibly, online agents provide a different services level than traditional agents.

Thanks everyone!!

I don't think so. We have always used an online TA and have never had a problem receiving our cruise package before. :confused:

Being Hong Kong does make a difference.

The online agency isn't going to send your precruise docs. It cost too much money.

Since you've already completed your cruise personalizer and printed your boarding passes, that's all there is to it.

Being a first time cruiser, I am VERY surprised you did an online booking!

Then its time to find a new TA!!

Too expensive?? Thats ridiculous. :eek:

Have you sent anything to Hong Kong lately? If they are booking with an online agency that is a U.S. Agency, I can see where they would not mail them.

Then its time to find a new TA!!

Too expensive?? Thats ridiculous. :eek:

I don't recall ever getting any paper docs from any TA I've used. I thought all the Cruise Answer Books, excursion forms and luggage tag packages came direcly from Princess, regardess of whether or not I booked directly with Princess, an on-line agency or a traditional agency...

You can get most of what you need from the web site and the luggage tags will be available at the ship if you don't just carry your bags on board.

All my cruise related paperwork that arrives by mail comes in an envelope from my TA, although the paperwork inside may have the cruise line letterhead. Within the past month I have received paperwork from both Princess and HAL that way.

Then why take the booking? And they also should not be in business if thats their excuse. :(

If people choose to do business with U.S. T.A.'s to save money, then they cannot expect the T.A.'s to send info out of USA. If Princess doesn't send the luggage tags then they can take it up with Princess and maybe they will have their cruise cancelled by not booking with a T.A. from their area. You cannot have it both ways.

Thanks everyone!!

yes .online agents are , if you don;t watch , done once final payment has passed and commision has been issued to them from princess....you will be fine, however. no worries...use another ta next time.

If people choose to do business with U.S. T.A.'s to save money, then they cannot expect the T.A.'s to send info out of USA. If Princess doesn't send the luggage tags then they can take it up with Princess and maybe they will have their cruise cancelled by not booking with a T.A. from their area. You cannot have it both ways.

Then don't take business from outside the US, very simple. :p

The OP is in Hong Kong. That might make a difference...EM

it does, even if the online agency set the "documents to passenger" setting on the booking it would not be mailed overseas, princess will only mail to us or candian addresses or to the agency.......it would have been up to the ta to forward precruise documents and they should have told you up front if they were unwilling to do so.......that is why international bookings, if made direct will always need a us or canadian address to mail the documents to .......for instance if you live in HKK and had a friend or relative in us or canada you culd set the documents to go to that adddress and have the friend or relative forward......this is ta issue...they apparently dropped the ball or did not "care " to tell you the agency would not mail/forward overseas....not to worry...you are missing luggage tags which you can get at pier. you can book shorexcursions onboard, but, if your pif(passenger immigration form) is not fillled out call princess US directly and do it over the phone at least 24 hours prior to sail though or you will be denied boarding. You can't edit immigration info now via personalizer, but you can call and have it edited for you ard forwarded immediately to the ship.

it does, even if the online agency set the "documents to passenger" setting on the booking it would ...

THAT explains it! I guess all the TAs that I've used must have used the "documents to passenger" setting, because I've always gotten my docs straight from Princess, even when not booking through Princess...

Only 3 days to go! I'm so excited... :cool:

Thanks for all your advices. I was not aware the extra charges for the TA to mail the paperwork overseas. I'm happy as long as we could onboard smoothly this Sat. If I've received the cruise documents, I would read them every night to bring the vacation spirit into daily life. heehee :p

It's all about the expectation. On top of the original statement "Paper Documents provided by the cruise line will be sent to you approximately 10 days prior to departure", a better way is to add "If you are outside U.S/Canada, you will pick up paper documents at the embarkation port".

===========================

FYI - Reply from the TA

There are no paper documents to be sent out. All you have to present at the pier is your proof of citizenship. If you have completed your pre-registration on the Princess website, then you are already checked in. They will just check your proof of citizenship at the pier, take an imprint of the credit card you wish to use for your shipboard account and give you your keycard.

If you have completed the pre-registration, please go to the Cruise Personalizer section to print your boarding pass and bring this with you.. If you do not have access to the Internet, it is not crucial to have that. It just shows the cruise line at a glance that you have already completed the immigration information. But if you do not have it, it will not cause any major problem.

If you were not able to complete the pre-registration online, you will need to fill out paperwork at the pier regarding immigration , emergency contacts, etc. It can still be done there, but it is time consuming, which is why Princess wants you to do it online. Baggage tags are available at the pier. Just ask the porters curbside for tags and attach them to your bags before handing them over to the porters.

The process is very simple and the cruise lines are trying to eliminate paper. Check in is very fast and efficient if you have completed the pre registration online.

Thank you again for booking with XXXXX and have a wonderful trip.

===========================

Get used to it. The cruiselines are going green, and doing away with paper documents. All information that is in the pre-cruise documents are on the Princess website. Complete the cruise personalizer, then print your boarding pass. Your cruise contract can be printed their also if you really want it. Luggage tags can be picked up at the pier. EASY.

Archived