Murder Mystery Dinner?

Jrabbit128

Maybe this was answered before but I could not find the answer.

To those who are able to get reservations for restuarants, will Oasis be offering a Murder Mystery Dinner? My sailing is not for another year, so when I log on, it says nothing is available yet.

Maybe this was answered before but I could not find the answer.

To those who are able to get reservations for restuarants, will Oasis be offering a Murder Mystery Dinner? My sailing is not for another year, so when I log on, it says nothing is available yet.

I highly doubt it, especially with all of the other types of entertainment on board.

We attended a Murder Mystery Dinner on another RCCL ship and were extremely disappointed. IMHO, it was not worth the extra $30.00 per person as opposed to dining in Portofino and experiencing their full dinner menu. The "skit" was performed by the Royal caribbean singers and dancers and was very amateurish and cheesy. :eek:

I highly doubt it, especially with all of the other types of entertainment on board.

We attended a Murder Mystery Dinner on another RCCL ship and were extremely disappointed. IMHO, it was not worth the extra $30.00 per person as opposed to dining in Portofino and experiencing their full dinner menu. The "skit" was performed by the Royal caribbean singers and dancers and was very amateurish and cheesy. :eek:

Maybe that's why I enjoyed it so much when I attended one on the Serenade. It was actually a lot of fun. Was it Broadway Quality? Acbsolutely not, but the cast really seemed to enjoy it and the audience gave them plenty of opportunities to improvise. I would recommend looking into it and giving it a go, if offered. I think it would only add to the amazing variety of entertainment offered on the Oasis.

Eric

It's suppose to be cheesy. This isn't broadway acting we're talking about with a dinner murder/mystery show.

As to the question of will they have it on Oasis, I haven't seen any indication that they will.

They may not start out with one because it is a new ship and it will take some shake down time to make sure everything is going to plan. I hope after things settle down that they will include an evening when they offer a Murder Mystery Dinner. September should give them plenty of time to figure it out.

We really enjoyed it, because we went in with an open mind to take it for what it is. THe food was great and our wine glasses were never empty, despite a valiant attempt to drain them by me and our table mates. We had a very good group of audience members. The performers like to have a bit of a challenge, so they can do some improvisational comedy, while in character. I even got called up to participate with one of the lead characters. Some people thought I was a plant. It was fun to walk around the ship and hear people from the show shout out "ERIC!" whenever they would see me for the rest of the week. ;)

Eric

• 2 years later...
It is not available on Oasis Class ships. It is available on Freedom Class ships.

Makes sense. No Portofino on Oasis Class.

I wonder what will happen to the Mystery Dinner when all the Portofino restaurants are ultimately converted to Giovanni's Table?

I looked to book it on the Indy in May, but it won't let me !!

That's odd that you can't book - may be they are full or it is too far ahead of time or vice versa! To book I went into my reservations & then into the Speciality/Dining Experience section and then onto the Murder/mystery section and booked that way. I got a choice of 2 days - one at the beginning of the cruise & 1 towards the end. may be give it another try. Hope you eventually get booked up:)

We did the Murder Mystery Dinner on Mariner in August 2008 and then again on Serenade May 2011.... it was EXACTLY the same, same plot and even the same character names. We were extremely disappointed.

It is definitely something to do once.

I do agree that in order to get the full experience of Portifino's you should just go for dinner, so you get the full menu. It is worth it!!

Archived