So, what do you think should Carnival's next ship class be like?

CarnivalPride

So, what do you think Carnvial's next ship class after the Dream Class be like?

I personally think instead of following a razor-and-blades business model by continuously increasing ship size, Carnival should introduce the Costa Luminosa design into the fleet.

The Luminosa is based on my favorite class of ships, the Spirit Class, with the nose and tail of the Vista Class. It can be described as a similar upgrade to the Spirit Class as the Splendor was to the Conquest Class. Bigger is not always better, and there will always be a need for smaller ships in ports that are inaccessible to larger ships.

And if I would give it a name if it were to come to Carnival, I would call it the Innovation Class.

Bigger is not always better, and there will always be a need for smaller ships in ports that are inaccessible to larger ships.

I can't agree with you more...

My ideal new ship would be somewhere between Fantasy Class and Spirit Class.

Use the public space design of the Fantasy Class - nightclubs and public venues on one level - all together.

(No nightclubs and lounges by themselves in the dungeons like Spirit Class's fatal design flaw).

Use the cabin designs, balconies and open feeling of the Spirit Class.

I would sail on those exclusively, if there was such a fleet!:D

The Luminosa is based on my favorite class of ships, the Spirit Class, with the nose and tail of the Vista Class..........

Sounds like a great plan to me. :) Not so sure yet about the Vista class tail; liked Spirt class' tail just fine.

I agree 100%....

Quit making the ships bigger and bigger.

Bigger is DEFINITELY not better.

(let RCCL keep making the ridiculous ships and run themselves out of business)

I'd say take the advancements made in the past 10 years (more balconies, better use of space, Movies Under the Stars screen, etc...)

and create a new class somewhere between the Fantasy class and the Destiny)

I personally love the Fantasy class, but there are very few 7 day cruises on anything but the Conquest class.....(so we make do with two 5 day cruises in the next 4 months or so.)

Bill

I can't agree with you more...

My ideal new ship would be somewhere between Fantasy Class and Spirit Class.

Use the public space design of the Fantasy Class - nightclubs and public venues on one level - all together.

(No nightclubs and lounges by themselves in the dungeons like Spirit Class's fatal design flaw).

Use the cabin designs, balconies and open feeling of the Spirit Class.

I would sail on those exclusively, if there was such a fleet!:D

Ditto.....

I'm sort of soft on the Triumph class too......maybe a nice hybrid.

In any case, I think we'll wait a long, long time....whaddya think?

I sure hope they quit building bigger ships. The new ships can't fit throught the Panama Canal and cannot visit many interesting ports.

If you want to spend your life cruising to tourist traps, sure, build 'em bigger and bigger.

Pretty soon, you will have supertanker sized craft on cruises to nowhere, and the ship and sea will be the only destination.

Thanks, but no thanks!

I personally think instead of following a razor-and-blades business model by continuously increasing ship size, Carnival should introduce the Costa Luminosa design into the fleet.

The Luminosa is based on my favorite class of ships, the Spirit Class, with the nose and tail of the Vista Class. It can be described as a similar upgrade to the Spirit Class as the Splendor was to the Conquest Class. Bigger is not always better, and there will always be a need for smaller ships in ports that are inaccessible to larger ships.

And if I would give it a name if it were to come to Carnival, I would call it the Innovation Class.

Perhaps you should be on the payroll.

Sounds good to me - enhancement of the Spirit Class ship, with a name like Innovation...yep you should be paid $$.

Tell you what I would not like to see... the Garden Villa concept like NCL has. This is where you have your own private pool and butler staff, and hammocks, etc., plus a 1500 sq ft suite. All for $10K - $25 K per cruise.

I think we can make better use of that space, no?

Tell you what I would not like to see... the Garden Villa concept like NCL has. This is where you have your own private pool and butler staff, and hammocks, etc., plus a 1500 sq ft suite. All for $10K - $25 K per cruise.

I think we can make better use of that space, no?

I have no problem with options like that.......if they can sell them more power to them.......

We'll vote for an ungraded spirit class too. We don't need Central Park or merry-go-rounds either!! While you're upgrading the ship, how about a little upgrade in service, food outside the speciality restaurants, and a return to gracious cruising-like no shorts or ball caps, no matter who, on formal night in the main dinning area. I realize this is politically incorrect thinking, but you ask.

Nothing much wrong with the Fantasy, Destiny or Conquest classes IMO. If they would just stop putting the galley in the middle of the ship, it would be fine! It seemed that they "got it" with the Spirit class, but just refused to abandon the setup that they have been slightly tweaking for each new class since Holiday. They need to get back to the galley-at-the-bottom setup, everything else about the Fantasy/Destiny/Conqest layout is fine.

Archived