So, what do you think should Carnival's next ship class be like?

CarnivalPride

Didn't know they did this to the Liberty:confused: Need to check this out....I love the Liberty!

Details and deck plans:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=843779

Nezmo has stayed in one, here is his review (w/pics): http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=971983

Tom

Ok .... I remember his review......I was thinking regular balcony not suite..........

Thanks!

Kurbanfan,

For us it will be the same $ as booking a wrap and adjacent balcony because it sleeps 5! I call that 'sweet' instead of suite!

Begin tantrum

Now that I am thinking about that.....Carnival needs to implement a Milestone bookings program as well as Milestone sailings; Counting our three cabins on Glory and two each on all others, we'll be close to Milestones for bookings just to sail together as we hit Platinum! Forget about those three day vs seven day discussions...

End tantrum

Details and deck plans:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=843779

Nezmo has stayed in one, here is his review (w/pics): http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=971983

Tom

Wow! That suite is amazing! I am going to miss the bridge wings though, they are my favorite place to go and sea watch.

........... any news if other conquest class ships will add these?

Kurbanfan,

I haven't read about it anywhere. It would be nice if they would. I expected Splendor would have them and I've been watching expectantly for Dream to have them.

Begin rant

My three sailings on Liberty required SIX bookings for just my immediate family!

End rant

Kurbanfan,

Begin rant

End rant

LOL! Love it!

Kurbanfan,

They added the wing suites during dry dock last September or around last September. They didn't have them when we sailed her last time. We enjoyed sailaway on the deck where the suites are now located.

If you are ok with the same itinerary........I would say....book it dano:D

Or wait and see if they add them to other ships......

Me on the other hand.....Miss sail everywhere on every itinerary and every ship and every cruise line that I can fit into my life.........

Plus I can't see paying for a suite for 2 people......

But with a family of 5.......

Decisions.....decisions.......decisions:D

Who am I to decide how people want to spend their money on vacation:confused:

The people who design the ships get to make that call.

NCL has made some decisions that I like (like doing away with the early and late dining seating) and some I don't like (like turning part of the ship into a gated community.)

I just hope Carnival does not go that route.

Would you believe I'm getting ready to take my 7th Carnival cruise and I have no idea what the difference is between the "classes" of the ships. Have I just not paid attention?

I've been on the Holiday, Elation (3x), Inspiration, Spirit & heading out on The Splendor.

Is it just me? I thought they were all alike (except for the decor).

What am I missing? :confused:

Would you believe I'm getting ready to take my 7th Carnival cruise and I have no idea what the difference is between the "classes" of the ships. Have I just not paid attention?

I've been on the Holiday, Elation (3x), Inspiration, Spirit & heading out on The Splendor.

Is it just me? I thought they were all alike (except for the decor).

What am I missing? :confused:

Some differences.

Holiday - 728 ft long. 1452 passengers

Elation and Inspiration - 855 ft long, 2052 pass.

Spirit - 963 ft long, 2124 passengers

Splendor - 952 ft long, 3006 passengers.

As for what I would like to see a new ship class have. I would like to take the Spirit class, add a deck of public space where the Lido restaurant would be one deck lower than currently, and convert the current buffet space to outdoor pool area, with the new waterworks area being installed on other ships.

It is interesting that in his blog John Heald recently praised the "AIDA" lines new ships....that is a German subsidary of Carnival I guess that offers an all buffet type experience (but apparently great buffets) with wine and soda included during dining hours....a couple for pay restaurants with table service

lots of BIG open air flowing space (something like the design of that one deck on Dream)

He really raved about Aida...which is ALL German speaking so not many reviews of it here

I don't claim to know if that could be a future "idea" for Carnival but I did find it interesting that JH posted such a glowing review of it

So, what do you think Carnvial's next ship class after the Dream Class be like?

I personally think instead of following a razor-and-blades business model by continuously increasing ship size, Carnival should introduce the Costa Luminosa design into the fleet.

The Luminosa is based on my favorite class of ships, the Spirit Class, with the nose and tail of the Vista Class. It can be described as a similar upgrade to the Spirit Class as the Splendor was to the Conquest Class. Bigger is not always better, and there will always be a need for smaller ships in ports that are inaccessible to larger ships.

And if I would give it a name if it were to come to Carnival, I would call it the Innovation Class.

For me the most beautiful ship out there is the Radiance Class of ship. Its smaller than the Explorer class and its glass atrium and elevators add a touch of elegance.

A design based on the Jewel or Radiance would be the way to go and yes, stay away from these behemoths.

Archived