No one is joining my roll call!?!?!?!?!

lilybug23

First I went and checked to see if there was a roll call already started for my cruising date. DREAM 7/24/2010 There wasn't so... I started one. I did some research and I noticed that other roll calls for cruises that are much later next year than this one are filling up. I know there is still A LOT of time left for ppl to join but I am just curious. I would like to meet some of the ppl that my husband and I will be cruising with. Why is no one joining the roll call. Is there something I need to know about this cruising date or could it be that this cruise is not selling out?? Any advice would be helpful! :)

Keep in mind that of the millions who cruise every year only a few visit Cruise Critic. And of those who do visit CC, not all join the roll call. Being on a Roll Call is a pretty select group! :D

People will start to join eventually, just give it time. No one has joined the Roll Call I started for the Imagination sailing Nov 15, 2010 either. :p

OP: I just tried to find it. No luck. What did you title it? It helps others if the title starts with the date. Some posters try to get really cute with the title and the thread just gets missed by people hunting for it.

Its on carnival connections. Its titled Roll Call Carnival Dream 7/24/2010! I have also joined a roll call here on cruise critic but that one is not very busy either.

First I went and checked to see if there was a roll call already started for my cruising date. DREAM 7/24/2010 There wasn't so... I started one. I did some research and I noticed that other roll calls for cruises that are much later next year than this one are filling up. I know there is still A LOT of time left for ppl to join but I am just curious. I would like to meet some of the ppl that my husband and I will be cruising with. Why is no one joining the roll call. Is there something I need to know about this cruising date or could it be that this cruise is not selling out?? Any advice would be helpful! :)

This is the Roll call I found for that date.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=941333

I've never heard of Carnival Connections....never would of looked there for a Roll Call...maybe people don't know about it.

Carnival connections is Carnivals own cruise critic basically. If you go to Carnival.com and look for Fun Online it should take you right there.

Carnival connections is Carnivals own cruise critic basically. If you go to Carnival.com and look for Fun Online it should take you right there.

OP- I see you have already posted to the Roll Call on Cruise Critic back in Aug. I've found the Carnival Connections is not as active as the CC boards. Why not just stick with CC?

It's supposed to be a secret, like Fight Club! :p

Gar you starting trouble on this board now:D

Seriously folks sailed with Gar on the Miracle this year and he started the roll call that is still posting and has 3157 posts, thanks again Gar.

Papanh

Gar you starting trouble on this board now:D

Seriously folks sailed with Gar on the Miracle this year and he started the roll call that is still posting and has 3157 posts, thanks again Gar.

Papanh

Me? Never...:D:p

That roll call was a good one. Some Roll Calls seem to just take on a life of their own so to speak with a lot of discussion about different topics and responses back and forth while others are more individual posts. Once you get the back and forth going it really takes off.

Carnival Connections is on Carnival's website I think. I joined it a year or so ago on our Destiny cruise and not much happened on it. Some roll calls we've been on have been extremely active and others just never seemed to materialize.

Try starting another one maybe in Feb or March. Some people wait to closer to time and then you may have new people who are just finding out about CC and roll calls. I've been three roll calls that are still going, one that is 4 years old now. Of course these three had good to great meets and greets and everyone really got to know each other...that's another post for another day.

Someone on my CC roll call mentioned a meet and greet for "Carnival Connections roll call." I looked all over CC roll call page! I figured it was another CC roll call, then gave up and figured it must be a Carnival thing and did a search and found it there!

Its good to know its not just me! :)

Ok next question...... Anyone got any good ways to pass 315 days? lol!:rolleyes:

Try to forget that you booked your cruise?

That's the only way to keep my sanity. I am a little more than 2 months out from cruise and I haven't even touched the FunPass section yet.....I'm afraid too! I figure I'll start thinking about it around mid October.

Sigh

Hi, OP, I started one both on here and over on Carnival Conn. The one on here I keep talking to myself on. If theres a sale, or what have you, I post something like that. I do it just to keep the Roll Call on the first page. I have started 2 on here. The first one was well over a year off,and somehow got lost in CC cyberspace.

On Carnival Conn, there are me,and 2 other ppl on it. Neither have taken off though. We're only 6 months away, so heres hoping ONE of them takes flight. Preferably the one on here.

Good Luck, as others have said, "People will come!".:p:):D

We're cruising on Dream July 17th and no one's posted on the roll call I started either!!! I was worried that we were the only people booked on the cruise...especially since the later cruises roll calls are staying busy! I figured I'd try again in about 4-5 months since we're still so far out! Guess I'm just really looking forward to this cruise! I can't wait for the ship to cruise so we can start reading the reviews!!

Lilybug 23,

I have had mine up since April, I think and I haven't had any response at all. I have decided that no one is going but us. The one going a month later is really busy. I thought by now I would have at least a little response. I forgot what the exact title is but it is something like "Bahamas on Triumph 4/3/10".

Maybe I will start getting some response eventually. It is fun to be able to meet people before the cruise. Good luck to you!

Archived