Free Pinnacle Grill Meal

fridaythecat.u.k.

We have that promotion of a fee meal also. I also want to do lunch on a sea day on our dollar-I was wondering-do you guys know how late we can schedule lunch? I would like to do a late lunch and then later have a light meal in the lido restaurant that evening.

Hope you are doing well young lady!

Hi Seagarsmoker- we were on Caribbean Princess with you in October 06 when you got married. Is this your third anniversary cruise?

We were on the Westerdam in April 08. She is a nice ship. We enjoyed her so well-we are on her sister ship, the Zuiderdam in January.

Happy Anniversary!

Thanks and I remember you and your family very well. :)

Yes, this will be our third anniversary and our sixth cruise together since 10/06.

Take care and tell everyone we said hi!

JB

Friday, how did you manage to book through a US agenT. I have odne this for years but, now, cannot find anyone willing to do so as they have been told that they put their relationship with HAL at risk by booking those who live in the UK.

Luke - I had been told by other US TAs that they were not able to book me due to being UK based, so I questioned this with the TA that I booked with. They reassured me that they book hundreds of cruises to UK cruisers each year. I had done my research beforehand and this is a reputable TA. To be honest, I don't know what the answer is! All I know is I booked through them yesterday (at a greatly reduced cost compared to the best price I could find from a UK TA) and within minutes, my booking was on the HAL website and I have completed the on-line checking in service with no problems at all ;) At least so far :eek:

It is a little disconcerting, though, that UK cruisers (and Aussies/NZ) seem to be at a real disadvantage when it comes to pricing from certain cruise lines, but I guess that is the topic of a whole new thread! I don't know if it has been discussed much on the HAL boards, but it can crop up as a hot topic on the Princess ones from time to time :)

If you want to eat lunch in the Pinnacle on a sea day, you need to book early. I'm not sure what the hours are, but on one of our cruises, we tried to book on the first sea day and they were booked, so we asked for the 2nd sea day and they told us they were booked until late. I want to think it was 1:30 before we could get in. That was fine with us because we usually have a late breakfast. That was on the Oosterdam and we had a comp lunch from our TA.

Thanks and I remember you and your family very well. :)

Yes, this will be our third anniversary and our sixth cruise together since 10/06.

Take care and tell everyone we said hi!

JB

Yep, I am the "old lady" (but I will take the compliment! LOL!)-the young lady you remember is Meg. She is not on this trip with us. She works in the school system and she returns to work January 4th.

However Meg was with us on the Westerdam in April 08. She loved the karaoke and disco-she never was in our stateroom before 2 am! And I can't remember their name here- but the women, 2 sisters from Arizona and their mom, who were on the CP with us, were on our Westerdam cruise too.

If you want to eat lunch in the Pinnacle on a sea day, you need to book early. I'm not sure what the hours are, but on one of our cruises, we tried to book on the first sea day and they were booked, so we asked for the 2nd sea day and they told us they were booked until late. I want to think it was 1:30 before we could get in. That was fine with us because we usually have a late breakfast. That was on the Oosterdam and we had a comp lunch from our TA.

So maybe we should book now-huh?

We have that promotion of a fee meal also. I also want to do lunch on a sea day on our dollar-I was wondering-do you guys know how late we can schedule lunch? I would like to do a late lunch and then later have a light meal in the lido restaurant that evening.

IMHO...lunch in the Lido is MUCH better than The Pinnacle. Dinner is a MUCH different story....it is wonderful! Carol

IMHO...lunch in the Lido is MUCH better than The Pinnacle. Dinner is a MUCH different story....it is wonderful! Carol

I have eaten lunch at the Pinnacle before and I enjoyed it very much. The menu is more limited- I know, but it is still very good. We have 4 sea days this next cruise-so I will enjoy doing lunch at least once-if not more. I am not a big eater- I can't- because of my health issues (diabetes)- I especially enjoy quality food-I go for quality over quantity.

To answer a few questions.

Yes the Pinnacle is like the Grill room on Princess, but vastly superior.

Yes US travel agents can book UK pax, some will, some won't, ours does and has booked our UK friends on cruises, including my birthday cruise which will have something like 20 people from the UK going on it.

A small word of advice, the Pinnacle dinner is something to take your time on, however after it, well your in trouble, the food the next night was kind of blah compared so we ended up eating in the Pinnacle every other night on a 10 day cruise :D

To answer a few questions.

Yes the Pinnacle is like the Grill room on Princess, but vastly superior.

Yes US travel agents can book UK pax, some will, some won't, ours does and has booked our UK friends on cruises, including my birthday cruise which will have something like 20 people from the UK going on it.

A small word of advice, the Pinnacle dinner is something to take your time on, however after it, well your in trouble, the food the next night was kind of blah compared so we ended up eating in the Pinnacle every other night on a 10 day cruise :D

Our cruise is 10 day also-so I should wait until toward the end to do my Pinnacle dinner-huh? LOL!

IRL_Joanie:

I know of two instances on our Zuiderdam cruise in July where a passenger received food from the Vista dining room while dining at the Pinnacle. Also, the chef at the Pinnacle had a reputation for "whipping something up" or otherwise responding to special requests. I really liked the appetizer crab cake, and I asked for it as an entree. He sent three out for me. Unfortunately, I managed to drop one on the floor! (Two-second rule, anyone?)

• 6 months later...
Pinnacle Menu

The Beginning:

French Onion Soup King Louis XV, Lobster Bisque, Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail, Vine Ripened Beefsteak Tomato Salad, Baby Arugula Salad, Caesar Salad, Dungeness Crab Cakes or the Pinnacle Ocean Platter

The Grill:

Filet Mignon, New York Strip Steak, Bone-In Rib Eye Steak, Porterhouse, Colorado Lamp Chops, Grilled Veal Chop, Chicken Breast, Filet Steak Diane or Filet Mignon Burger.

Sea Food:

Broiled King Salmon, Broiled or Poached Lobster Tail or Cedar Planked Black Cod with Shrimp Scampi

The Intrigue:

Land and Sea (Surf & Turf), Lobster Macaroni and Cheese, Roasted Vegetable Tower

Side Dishes:

Creamed Spinach, Sautéed Button Mushrooms, Sautéed Onions, Asparagus, Scalloped, Whipped, Jumbo Baked or Shoestring Potatoes and/or Basmati Rice

The Finale:

Not-So-Classic Baked Alaska, Warm Grand Marnier Chocolate Volcano Cake, Velvet Soufflé – Chocolate or Vanilla, Creamy Homemade Raspberry Cheesecake, Chocolate And Raisin Bread Pudding, Pinnacle Crème Brulee, Fresh Seasonal Fruits and Berries, Premium Ice Cream or Sorbets and/or the Assortment of International Cheeses.

Thanks for posting this menu once again. I was doing a search but was unable to find it.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone found an online agency offering a free Pinnacle meal on an August Alaska sailing? I asked my TA about it, he said they did not have it available as part of their group deal. I haven't found any sites offering it at the moment but if I did I could possibly get my TA to match it. He did give me a discount on the cruise and OBC, so I can't complain, but a free meal at Pinnacle would be nice.

Has anyone found an online agency offering a free Pinnacle meal on an August Alaska sailing? I asked my TA about it, he said they did not have it available as part of their group deal. I haven't found any sites offering it at the moment but if I did I could possibly get my TA to match it. He did give me a discount on the cruise and OBC, so I can't complain, but a free meal at Pinnacle would be nice.

No, not an online agency, but with a b&m ta, representing C**, (in Canada), (or A** in the US), I, (along with others in my travel group), will be receiving the following bonus for booking with them for our upcoming 12-Day Northbound Glacier Discovery Alaska Cruise/Tour, (in June):

1. Dinner for two in the Pinnacle Grill.

2. Two bottles of wine per stateroom.

3. US$100 onboard credit per stateroom.

4. One complimentary photo per stateroom.

Not bad, eh?:)

1. Dinner for two in the Pinnacle Grill.

2. Two bottles of wine per stateroom.

3. US$100 onboard credit per stateroom.

4. One complimentary photo per stateroom.

Not bad, eh?:)

Not bad. My TA gave me a discounted fare in addition to the same OBC, so I guess the value was around the same. He said that was their group deal with HAL (I had found another site that was giving $200 OBC). I'd much rather have the money than the other stuff, certainly more so than the wine or photo (we refuse to have our picture taken by the ships photographers).

BTW what's the deal with the coupon books they advertise giving on some sites? My TA says everyone gets them on the ship.

Archived