returning guests

mgmigs

hi,

this is my second ncl cruise. i see there is priority enbarkation and a cocktail party for returning guests. is the priority line really any good and what is the cocktail party like? what should i expect of any perks for being a repeat cruiser?

maria

hi,

this is my second ncl cruise. i see there is priority enbarkation and a cocktail party for returning guests. is the priority line really any good and what is the cocktail party like? what should i expect of any perks for being a repeat cruiser?

maria

Depends where you sail from if the Latitudes line moves any faster. The cocktail party is a joke. More than half the ship seems to be Latitudes and it is very crowded. You do get free drinks but too many people it is like going to a show in the main lounge.

That is all you get for perks plus the Latitudes magazine.

In my experience there is usually a separate check-in line for returning (Latitude) cruisers and this always seems to move faster. Be sure to look for that! :-)

But whether you get on the boat any sooner is a different question. Chances are you will be assigned to one of the first boarding groups called, but it might not make much difference. On my last cruise I believe they said that close to 60% of the passengers were Latitude members.

I have never attended the Latitude cocktail party, so I can't say about that.

Now all of this is a bit different if you are in an upper level suite or villa. They usually have a separate VIP waiting area, and I believe they board first. But I've never had the priviledge... :-)

I could swear that we got priority boarding on our last cruise for booking a "mini suite" out of NYC. Maybe I am wrong but do "mini suite" guest get this? No real biggy if they don't just curious!

This seems to keep changing like underwear.... I would be curious to know too. Some NCL brochures say yes and some no I have no idea where they are right now.

I could swear that we got priority boarding on our last cruise for booking a "mini suite" out of NYC. Maybe I am wrong but do "mini suite" guest get this? No real biggy if they don't just curious!

Really there is not any extra benefits to the mini suite except for the curtain that separates the bed from the couch. It is a nice enough room for sure. Early boarding is really for the suites. We were in an AE and they didn't want to do much for us with boarding. They were spending their time with the Villas, etc. I understood. Those people sure paid more money that we.

Nancy

Look for an invitation to the loyal customer cocktail party. There may be "priority" embarkation at your port. :cool:

Go to this party, it was a fun time. Lots of free drinks and little snacks are served. They give out prizes. I won a ship model of the Dawn last month and that was selling in thier store for $29.95.

While it is true that almost half the ship consists of repeat cruisers, I would strongly disagree with the person who said the cocktail party is a joke. I'm not sure what one thinks a cocktail party is suppose to consist of--other than free drinks and lovely music!! Indeed you could have all the free drinks you wanted, there were also appetizers, and as noted, free drawings. The music was great, it was a very nice atmosphere--not thrilling. But a nice cocktail reception.

yoyocruiser

Really there is not any extra benefits to the mini suite except for the curtain that separates the bed from the couch.

Actually, you also get a bath tub instead of just a shower stall in the mini suite, too. They used to get concierge service. But, NCL eliminated that a couple of years ago.

The Lattitude line at check-in may be a little faster. Sometimes the regular check-in line is shorter. You're not required to go to the Lattitudes line. If there are fewer people in the regular check-in line, go to that one.

The last two times we left from Manhatten (Oct 08 & May09) there was a separate line for balconies and minisuites (they issued all purple cards). In fact we had 2 balconies and 1 OV in our family (parents and 5 adult children) and they wouldn't let the two in the OV check in with the rest of us but their check in line was just as fast as ours. This is not the Suite/VIP check in line. That was also separate. I believe this was introduced with Freestyle 2.0.

Depends where you sail from if the Latitudes line moves any faster. The cocktail party is a joke. More than half the ship seems to be Latitudes and it is very crowded. You do get free drinks but too many people it is like going to a show in the main lounge.

That is all you get for perks plus the Latitudes magazine.

PLUS the Latitudes discount on all your cruises. and if you have taken enough cruises to move up the ranks you get other perks as well.

AT some ports there is a separate check in line for balconies and minisuites as well as a line for Suites and one for Latitudes and one for Disabled guests. all depends on where you are sailing from. Oh yeah, One for everybody else. LOL

our last two Lattitudes parties were very crowded they need to hold it in another place that is BIGGER...both were in the spinacker lounges (think that is the name on Spirit too) but lots of free drinks and appetizers and if you are LUCKY enough to WIN something...i have noticed tho the prizes seem to be LESS and LESS and i guess NO MORE PINs....

the second time i sailed NCL they came up and said are you Latitude members we said yes and they said come with us and we got right thru

i think we were in that PRIORITY line...we were the first ones on the ship

lol....THAT WAS COOL!!--and no special CABIN...an INSIDE....

PLUS the Latitudes discount on all your cruises. and if you have taken enough cruises to move up the ranks you get other perks as well.

No difference in price for Latitudes UNLESS it is a Latitudes determined cruise. My brother has never sailed NCL and I am silver and we are paying the same price.

No difference in price for Latitudes UNLESS it is a Latitudes determined cruise. My brother has never sailed NCL and I am silver and we are paying the same price.

You should be getting a $50 per person price reduction as a Latitudes member...at least I have in the past...that could have changed.

You should be getting a $50 per person price reduction as a Latitudes member...at least I have in the past...that could have changed.

Must have changed cause we didn't and I did the booking with NCL over the phone and the PCC did say "Oh you are silver now" so I know they got it. Try doing a mock booking on our Pearl Feb 6 with and without Latitudes and you will see it is not any different

Must have changed cause we didn't and I did the booking with NCL over the phone and the PCC did say "Oh you are silver now" so I know they got it. Try doing a mock booking on our Pearl Feb 6 with and without Latitudes and you will see it is not any different

It must vary by category and sailing date, because I just did a mock booking for the cruise I'm on (Majesty, 10/3) and it did give the $50 pp Latitudes discount in category AB, but not in any of the other categories.

I agree with NJH. You need to call NCL and ask about your Lat's discount. I just went and did a mock booking, one where I did not log in to NCL and one where I did and the price was $50.00 difference on the cabin I looked at, which was the AE, Star to Alaska May 22nd.

I agree with NJH. You need to call NCL and ask about your Lat's discount. I just went and did a mock booking, one where I did not log in to NCL and one where I did and the price was $50.00 difference on the cabin I looked at, which was the AE, Star to Alaska May 22nd.

Hi Terry:

For your cruise it does drop 50.00 but try it for the Feb 6/10 Pearl and it does not drop, try it. I will call NCL incase their website has a snafu since I have another issue I want to discuss.

Archived