Another Platinum Question

SCUBA Mark

If one person in the cabin is a Platinum member, does the other person in the cabin get any of the Platinum benefits?

I was thinking they would get embarkation and debarkation but nothing else.

Thanks in advance

Mark

Yes although I have yet to see where platinum status has helped with debarkation. It is terrific for embarkation and hit or miss at the Pursers desk.

Yes although I have yet to see where platinum status has helped with debarkation. It is terrific for embarkation and hit or miss at the Pursers desk.

Thanks

With Platinum, we have gotten off the ship first with self-debarkation and with a #1 luggage tag for normal debarkation.

I cannot answer that question since I do not cruise with non-Platinum riff-raff!:p:D:D:eek:

For any that may misunderstand----------------------I'm KIDDING!!

I only room with my wife or my son and both are Platinum too.

Yeah but when you switch wives, Platinum status is non-transferrable

(I am kidding also)

When you are Platinum do you only get one bag of laundry free?

I don't recall a stipulated limit. On an 8 day sailing once I used the service on 3 different days. You could likely send a bag a day if you desired. Not sure... anyone... BUELLER... BUELLER...

Tom

Well for sure the cabin mate will be able to:

1. chow on the petit fours and appetisers that will be delivered to the cabin on two separate evenings and

2. can be included in the complimentary laundry service too.

Your post about Canapes and Petit Fours reminded me about how they short change you when two Platinum members are in the same cabin. You only get one Canape plate and one Petit Four plate.

At least they give us two Carnival presents.

The reason I asked this question is that DW's parents are going on the same cruise with us. Their over 55 rate is cheaper than our past cruiser or military rate. I was thinking about signing up a Platinum member in a cabin with an over 55 so that we could get the better price and the side benefit of having a Platinum member in each room. We would switch the people around with the purser's desk after we got on the ship.

When you are Platinum do you only get one bag of laundry free?

We send laundry out usually every day and twice a day sometimes.

I run every day and would rather get my sweaty running gear cleaned than let it stink up the cabin.

If we send laundry out in the morning it is usually back that evening. If we send it out in the evening, it is back the next day.

On our last cruise on the Ecstasy, we sent laundry out in the morning and it didn't come back until the next day every time.

Your post about Canapes and Petit Fours reminded me about how they short change you when two Platinum members are in the same cabin. You only get one Canape plate and one Petit Four plate.

At least they give us two Carnival presents.

The reason I asked this question is that DW's parents are going on the same cruise with us. Their over 55 rate is cheaper than our past cruiser or military rate. I was thinking about signing up a Platinum member in a cabin with an over 55 so that we could get the better price and the side benefit of having a Platinum member in each room. We would switch the people around with the purser's desk after we got on the ship.

We have done similar "book and switch" routines before. Even if they can't "officially" change you in the system once onboard, they can give you an additional card to use for your "real" cabin (though it's only a key, not a Sail & Sign card).

Tom

Getting it back has varied for us as well. I think the main factor is what time your room steward services your room and turns it in. We have had cruises where it was always back late afternoon and others where it was returned the next morning.

We have done similar "book and switch" routines before. Even if they can't "officially" change you in the system once onboard, they can give you an additional card to use for your "real" cabin (though it's only a key, not a Sail & Sign card).

Tom

If we set it up this way, would we be able to get Sail and Sign charges put on the correct credit card?

If we set it up this way, would we be able to get Sail and Sign charges put on the correct credit card?

I can only assume that you should be able to assign any given S&S card to any CC you wish. When we did this in the past, it wasn't an issue - as it was our son and his friends - we just needed someone booked in the cabin who was an adult. All of their charges were mine anyway (and they KNEW to take it easy with the S&S cards)!

If all else fails, just make sure that YOU charge more than your in-laws ! :D

Tom

Archived