Freedom of the Seas and the Ice Show

danajjj

It shouldn't be difficult at all. If there is one particular show time you MUST go to, then show up a tad early, to assure yourself a seat. There are several show times to choose from (all shows are the same, so it really doesn't matter which one you see!) so that all may attend.

Agreed with above posters - seats aren't a problem esp. @ the last show matinée time slot.

Front row seats were freely devoid of occupants upto 15 minutes before on 1 side of the arena.

That said - IMO the ice show isn't as good as in past years.

From what I experienced on my cruise a week ago, it wasn't very hard to get seats. They had 3 or 4 shows in one week, so I'm sure everyone who wanted to see it had the chance. The most crowded seating was in the evening on the first formal night. I went there five minutes before doors opened (which is 30 minutes before show time, btw) and it was PACKED like a can of sardines...but still managed to beat everyone to some good seats, hehe :D

Went on the FOS Eastern itin right before you.

Never advertised & not required.

& you are the first person I've heard to say this in the last 2 months on the FOS - west or east.

Odd the RCL procedures.

Went on the FOS Eastern itin right before you.

Never advertised & not required.

& you are the first person I've heard to say this in the last 2 months on the FOS - west or east.

Odd the RCL procedures.

I can confirm that they handed out tickets last week on Freedom for the ice shows. I have been on sailings where they did not.

Diamond/Concierge guests did not have to have tickets.

For those that have sailed recently, how difficult is it to get a seat at the ice shows now that they don't issue tickets? We're sailing in 2 weeks, and I'd like to know what to expect. Thanks.

Thanks for asking this, because DW and I were on the Liberty in Spring of 2008 and had a terrible time getting into the ice show. Good info here.:cool:

We sailed on FOS August 2 and they distributed tickets the first sea day around 9:30 am. However, we never had to show the tickets to get into Studio B and they advertised before the ice show that any passenger would be allowed in without a ticket. If we had known that, my husband would not have waited in line for tickets!

I think the ice show is great. What bothered me was the fact that the first row was roped off for suite guests.

But that's standard operating procedure in show business. If you go to see a Cirque show in Las Vegas, the best seats are reserved by the hotel and are sold only to the VIPS or people who know someone in the shows. I've been in show business for over 40 years and the best seats in ANY house are always reserved for VIPS.

That said, if they don't show up by showtime, they are freely given away.

Archived