breakfast in the dining room

Almost Packed

Bumbles,

Yes, thank you for posting the menu...I was curious about the other menu items...

do you happen to have a lunch menu too? lol....or maybe someone can just give me an idea of the menu for lunch.

thanks

The lunch menus change daily...but here's a link to them. I love that webpage...gives you lots of information...if you take out the second bookccl and everything after that - you'll come to the main page that has almost every bit of information you could want.

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/LunchMenus_master.html

I know the buffet line does not (or did not for our two previous cruises) have biscuits.

Does anyone know if the main dining room serve biscuits and gravy? yep, i'm a southern gal and that's the one thing i miss on the ship. They have grits for pete's sake..but no biscuits???????????????????:eek::confused:

i've never had breakfast in the MDR. so I thought i might try it next time.

thanks

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO Almost Packed: If you have never had breakfast in the MDR you should. However, you won't find biscuts and gravy there either. Omlette's are pretty good and so are the bagels with Cream Cheese and Lox. The bagels are a bit of a disappointment though.

I remember biscuits on Glory last year. It sticks out in my mind b/c I found out the hard way they alternated gravy and either creram of wheat or some bizarre oatmeal stuff each day.

After the first day of gravy being right beside the biscuits, I smothered a biscuit in the the whitish nasty looking stuff that i THOUGHT was milk gravy. EWWW It wasn't gravy....:p I've never had cream of wheat, but I think that might be what is it....nasty!

I love the breakfast in the dining room...I order the eggs benedict with a side order of Hollandaise sauce and some lemons..which I squeeze over the sauce to make it more lemony

it is great :)

Maybe you can get your "biscuits and gravy" fix before or after the cruise if you are sailing from Florida, Charleston??

Just got off the Pride on the 13th. I didn't like breakfast in the dining room and don't rememeber if they had biscuits and gravey they did have grits ( no thanks). But one day I was able to enjoy them in the buffet on the Lido. If you like them like I do grab some pepper. I thought they were good but alittle bland.

SOS brings back great memories....Love biscuits and gravy BUT don't ever recall seeing them in Dining room for b-fast. :rolleyes:

:D This reminds me of something my Dad and I used to enjoy. Chipped Beef on Toast (which I think is the same as SOS). Stouffer's used to make it in a frozen pouch. I loved it as a kid.

:D This reminds me of something my Dad and I used to enjoy. Chipped Beef on Toast (which I think is the same as SOS). Stouffer's used to make it in a frozen pouch. I loved it as a kid.

Chipped beef on toast is NOT SoS. SoS [military] is a greasy, brownish, hamburger, ground pork concoction mixed with Library paste and served over old roofing shingles. But it WILL make you 'regular', Rat Now!!!:eek::D

Chipped beef on toast is NOT SoS. SoS [military] is a greasy, brownish, hamburger, ground pork concoction mixed with Library paste and served over old roofing shingles. But it WILL make you 'regular', Rat Now!!!:eek::D

Thanks for the culinary clarification. :) You had me interested up until the library paste.

The lunch menus change daily...but here's a link to them. I love that webpage...gives you lots of information...if you take out the second bookccl and everything after that - you'll come to the main page that has almost every bit of information you could want.

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/LunchMenus_master.html

I wonder how many orders they get for Ghetto Linguini on day 4?

You are correct, and it was some of the best food the military had....:rolleyes:

I remember biscuits on Glory last year. It sticks out in my mind b/c I found out the hard way they alternated gravy and either creram of wheat or some bizarre oatmeal stuff each day.

After the first day of gravy being right beside the biscuits, I smothered a biscuit in the the whitish nasty looking stuff that i THOUGHT was milk gravy. EWWW It wasn't gravy....:p I've never had cream of wheat, but I think that might be what is it....nasty!

Sounds like you discovered Grits.:D

You are correct, and it was some of the best food the military had....:rolleyes:

I remember the last week of the fiscal year. Day one, hot dogs on a bun. Day 2, Fried, darker colored, hot dogs. Day 3 dark red [slightly wrinkled] hot dogs sliced length ways with a piece of plastic cheese inserted in the slit. Day 4, really dark red, almost brown hot dogs, with deep wrinkles, sliced up with cheese stuck to them, in a tomato sauce. Day 5, brown snarly nuggets of cheesy hot dogs in a discolored sauerkraut with a really awful tomato soup on the side. Day 6, START of NEW fiscal year, T-Bone steaks, fries, salad! Easy to get a second steak, the chow hall was nearly empty by day 6!!:D:D

So, yes, SoS wasn't THAT bad!

I remember the last week of the fiscal year. Day one, hot dogs on a bun. Day 2, Fried, darker colored, hot dogs. Day 3 dark red [slightly wrinkled] hot dogs sliced length ways with a piece of plastic cheese inserted in the slit. Day 4, really dark red, almost brown hot dogs, with deep wrinkles, sliced up with cheese stuck to them, in a tomato sauce. Day 5, brown snarly nuggets of cheesy hot dogs in a discolored sauerkraut with a really awful tomato soup on the side. Day 6, START of NEW fiscal year, T-Bone steaks, fries, salad! Easy to get a second steak, the chow hall was nearly empty by day 6!!:D:D

Suddenly I understand why my Dad always gets random cravings for hot dogs microwaved with slices of cheese on top :p

i'll have to get out my old capers and see if it mentions anything about breakfast in the MDR. I'm sure it does, i probably just missed it. i feel so stupid not knowing that I could have been in the mdr instead of the buffet lines lol.

btw, i don't think there is any confusing grits and gravy however.....

but cream of wheat...that's good, so are grits. you just have to prepare them properly....add a little sugar...maybe a pat of butter, a dash of milk...yummmmmmmm!!!!

now i want to have breakfast for dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

THat made me laugh SOOOO HARD!!!! {not a good idea for someone who just had surgery on her tummy.Friad Id bust a stich!}

Heres a suggestion, go to the gorcery store, buy a box of cream of wheat. put a dash of salt in it, when you get ready to eat it,doctor it like oat meal. Yum.;)

BUT GRITS NEVER NEED SUGAR!!! EVER NEVER EVER!! Salt,pepper and butter. sometimes cheese! :D

As for white gravy on a ship, since ive never been, I think Id be afraid to try it, DH's is the best, so when youve had perfection, nothing else is ever good enough....:)

i think i'm one of those rare breeds who likes sugar on my grits...i also eat rice for breakfast...i make it just like my grits and oatmeal too....a little bit of butter and splenda or sugar on top, with a splash of milk...funny story

my dd has a friend who is Russian. She would come and stay the night with us and one day she said she would fix us (yes i said "fix") a Russian breakfast.

I laughed so hard when she served us "breakfast rice" as we call it. Rice with butter, sugar and milk lol!!!! :)

Just wondering if the MDR is open for breakfast every morning...both sea and port days. I have read that lunch is only available in the MDR on sea days, and just wondered if it was the same. We are on the Spirit if it matters. What are the hours for breakfast in the MDR..Thx for your info.

I remember the last week of the fiscal year. Day one, hot dogs on a bun. Day 2, Fried, darker colored, hot dogs. Day 3 dark red [slightly wrinkled] hot dogs sliced length ways with a piece of plastic cheese inserted in the slit. Day 4, really dark red, almost brown hot dogs, with deep wrinkles, sliced up with cheese stuck to them, in a tomato sauce. Day 5, brown snarly nuggets of cheesy hot dogs in a discolored sauerkraut with a really awful tomato soup on the side.

Man you had it GOOD!:D

In the USAF we alternated days 1 and 6, The Navy folks will tell you they ALWAYS had day 6. Sorry Army, we won't talk about the Corps, they had to kill what they ate.

Archived