sunglass on towel animals

cigars-N-rum

I might have contributed much more than you think. It is these non-sense posts( Can I bring booze?, Has anyone been in cabin 7850?, Tell me everything about the Liberty, Can I wear a hat?, ect) that push good questions off the page and on to the next one, only to never be answered. If you started a thread exactly 24hours ago, it would already be on page 5. Most people don't look that far back, and good questions go unanswered.

Most questions can be answered by researching previous threads or reviews or calling the cruiseline. Nobody wants to do that. Now maybe someone will think twice about useless posts. But I doubt it.

It is these types of questions that makes my wonder how people get through their day without someone holding their hand....

Why don't you review the questions and mark the "good" ones so the rest of us clueless people will know which questions to answer and which ones to ignore.

Because $20 Target ones do not protect your eyes the same that a pair of higher quality one do. You get what you pay for.

I agree, I cannot wear the cheap ones because I had Lasik eye surgery and to protect my eyes I need to wear the higher quality protective and polarized sunglasses, however I do leave them on the counter and they usually use them for the towel animals, they have never scratched or broken them so I am fine with it.

How the world does change.

Many cruisers long for the good old days. I can remember when the cabin stewards folded clothes and put them away if they were left out. They straightened everywhere in the cabin, they went in the drawers and closets.

Actually on a cruise about a year ago, our single friend who had a cabin to himself sometimes left his undies out or hanging in the bathroom and he said the cabin steward would fold them and leave them on the counter. LOL

I wonder if there is a special shop I can buy towel animal clothing and sunglasses....resort wear for T animals !!!:D:p

ps...that little lacey number will look good on my towel animal stingray !!!

honestly I couldnt care If they dressed up the whole lot of them with my stuff...its not like the towel animals are going to end up sunbathing by the pool in your gear...

or will they ???!!!:D

IMO I think it's adorable when they put sunglasses on the towel animal but I always brought them with me when I left the room. So what I did is purchase a few pairs (one for my room, one for kids) at the dollar tree and left them sitting on the table/desk. On the first day in one of our rooms they used them and in one they didn't, so what I did is place them on the towel animal kind- of as a permission to use and they were used the next day. I do understand if you don't want your special or prescription glasses used, so this is just an idea.

Happy Cruising!

Yeah, I got really ticked when the cabin steward broke my $400 prescription glasses. Obviously not done on purpose, but still not a good idea. Probably didn't realize that he shouldn't have tried to stretch the frames to fit the animal. I have special lenses that are expensive to make and a weird prescription. Just my lenses are $290.

never has really been an issue for us...we actually make a point of guessing what will be used on the towel animals each night...have some fun pics from cruises past...on our last cruiose on Elation we had a window with a little ledge that we putrall the animals in and took a fun little group shot at the end

I just hope the cruiselines won't stop making towel animals (and using props) because some people don't like it. (I know Princess doesn't do the animals, and I missed them on my cruise last month.)

Maybe when the steward introduces himself, he can ask if you like the towel animals (and if he can use props). That way no one is upset about anything.

Once I got back to my stateroom and found a stingray with my glasses on! I promptly took them back, then I unfolded him in front of the other towel animals as an example. I then used his lifeless body as a bathmat. Nobody messes with my sunglasses! Nobody!!!

I just hope the cruiselines won't stop making towel animals (and using props) because some people don't like it. (I know Princess doesn't do the animals, and I missed them on my cruise last month.)

Maybe when the steward introduces himself, he can ask if you like the towel animals (and if he can use props). That way no one is upset about anything.

We think the towel animals are really fun and look forward to seeing new creative beasties each night. I think it's important to realize that there's a huge difference between not wanting the steward to use personal items, especially breakable or "intimate" ones, as props and not liking towel animals in general. But as I and many others have mentioned, it's not difficult to put such things away or ask the cabin steward not to use them for the nightly fun. If it annoys or concerns someone, they should (gently) speak up, IMO.

We've never felt the need to ask the stewards not to use props, but I suppose we would if it ever became an issue. We just make sure anything we're concerned about is put away. I can't understand why anyone would find it difficult or embarrassing to say something like, "We love the towel animals and are amazed at the interesting creations, but we'd prefer it if you didn't use things like our sunglasses on them." It would be easy to add a why as well if someone fel that was necessary: "My sunglasses are special prescription glasses and I'm very concerned about keeping them safe" or something like that.

I have to mention too that our cabin stewards have found creative ways to use the nightly chocolates, ship daily, and so forth as props. We've found elephants holding our chocolates in the end of their trunks; we've discovered monkeys holding the next day's daily; we've found swans twined around other paperwork. We certainly enjoy that kind of thing.

beachchick

Once I got back to my stateroom and found a stingray with my glasses on! I promptly took them back, then I unfolded him in front of the other towel animals as an example. I then used his lifeless body as a bathmat. Nobody messes with my sunglasses! Nobody!!!

LMAO - :D that's telling em!!:D

Huh, uh, wh,what? Princess doesn't do towel animals? Is this for real? :eek:

I have never gotten towel animals on any of my Princess cruises, although a few people do report getting them (probably their room stewards originated from other lines?)

It's one of the reasons I like Princess. :o I just am not fond of towel animals.

I have never gotten towel animals on any of my Princess cruises, although a few people do report getting them (probably their room stewards originated from other lines?)

It's one of the reasons I like Princess. :o I just am not fond of towel animals.

Awww, come on. Its not like they poop in the bed or anything.:D

We usually keep the towel animals and dress them ourselves....

My last monkey was hanging in the cabin wearing a leopard-print bikini all week...

Our elephant had a lovely hairpiece...

Our dog had all my (cheap!!) jewelry.... including dangly earrings!!

Our pig had a lovely pink bandana and sunglasses....

We left them there all week... the cabin steward said he thought they were hilarious!!

Archived