Advise!! got my docs, but now they say I owe $500!!

sheilb4

Some news....!!!.I have found the refund on the card that I closed out last november, from my credit report...what a great suggestion!! Never noticed it and it was a card different to the one on an invoice from TA, so she erred there.

She said she "thought" it was on this card, so just put it on the invoice!!! oh my!

So the balance WAS $500 short....just so very odd that it wasn't noticed until last week...

I have tried resolutions but they still will not discuss...I was told by a RCCL agent that they will discuss after the cruise as I have 2 more bookings directly with them....

I have asked approx 4 times now for my RCCL invoices to show the transactions etc especially the last one on saturday when my obc was used....am still waiting..I sent one last email...If I don't get the docs tomorrow, I shall be contacting the main TA company.

Bottom line, this money was owed but not sure why it was only picked up a few days ago after final payment and after a rate reduction was honored.....a lot of inefficiencies, between RCCL and TA communications...but a valuable lesson learned. I will ALWAYS ask for invoices after every transaction and on official paperwork! of course I will also always keep a record file and use just my RCCL card in future..:eek:

Interesting enough I decide to check my Credit Card as I recieved a significant price drop after final payment and recieving docs. After reading about it being OBC I was a little concerned. It was a lot of money to spend on a 4 day cruise!!! I found it had been credited back to my card.....sue

Just an fyi- the OBC is supposed to be able to be 'cashed out' if you don't use it all during your cruise. I believe that the 'OBC after final payment policy' began sometime around September 4th.

Sheilb, you have infinite patience...and I hope it pays off. I agree that it's time to go over the TA's head and get some resolution. Particularly, if nothing else for now, to put your mind at ease that your cruise is actually paid in full!

Have you called Customer Service at (800) 529-6918 and explained your situation? You would be transferred to Resolutions from there. I can't imagine that the cruiseline would put you off, knowing that your TA isn't delivering and given the payment issue. :confused:

I have never had any statements per se...just an invoice from the TA co with the payments listed....

I am still waiting for the proof of payment re the transaction of $450 (my OBC) saturday....4.30p on monday and not received yet...or any other transaction info...!!

I asked for scanned/emailed docs of all teh RCCL transactions as well as TA, but still waiting....it should show up soon ...right??!!! :confused:

this amazes me. They should be able to get you this immediately. everyone should ask for an invoice from RCCL as well as the TA invoice. When a TA goes into your reservation all they have to do is check one box to have an invoice sent to you via email, directly from RCCL. Also, ask if your TA pays the cruise line direct with your CC card. With all the TA company's that are in trouble now days I wouldn't want my payment going to anybody but the cruise line. :cool:

After reading this thread again. I believe it has something to do with the deposit.

I have been following this thread to hear what the outcome was.

I am Happy to hear that the money was refunded to you on one of your credit cards you no longer have!

Can't imagine someone having a $500.00 credit and not noticing it, but thats here nor there!

I would definetly get whatever you want to resolve, done Prior to the Cruise! I have had issues on a Cruise ( such as being Overcharged on my seapass account for Internet Usage, Mini Bar fees, etc), and thought I resolved them while on the cruise at the Pursor's desk!

After returning home from my cruise, the credit for these items ( that I never used) were Never credited back to my credit card. the pursor's desk gave me an updated Invoice of my Seapass account showing the items being taken off, when I checked my CC statement, I never got the credit!

I called the resolution dept. and didn't get anything accomplished! This has happened to me on several past cruise's, sometimes I just paid the dam bill, cause we had express walkoff ( had an early flight) and didn't have time to be bothered with 20-40 bucks! After this happening more than once, I felt I am not getting ripped off again! Well I did get ripped off Again!

Try to resolve it NOW! Just my opinion from what I have dealt with!

Otherwise...Enjoy your Cruise and Don't let this affect it!:):p

Although your TA has not been particularly efficient nor very helpful she did not rip you off and that's a good thing. Now you can go and enjoy your cruise.

In the meanwhile, why don't you just email her boss and ask for the copies of the papers you want.

You also need to be more careful with your own paperwork. Does that particular cc owe you the $500?

Once again I must gloat and pat myself on the back for being the one to suggest getting your credit report...

gloatgloatpatpat

Okay that's done. :) Sheil, I'm SO happy this is finally working out. It sucks that you now have to lay out $500, but since there's $500 sitting on your closed card, you can eventually get that money back, right? I'd pay off RCI and deal with the credit from the CC next. Just keep RCI happy. :)

Yay!!

Yes, amybeth, great idea!! and everyone else that came up with that too, as well as many other fab advises!!

The $500 refund is also bewildering, all I can think of is that it was applied at the same time I paid my balance to close the card....maybe that was applied to the balance due...? for sure I would DEFINATELY have noticed such a refund!!

In the meantime, I lost my OBC that I never really had I guess? but not much choice, it was easier to use that than have to use $500 on my credit card.S I am still very "peeved" tho about this whole ordeal! :(

Well just call the bank associated with that closed card and see what happened to that $500. If it went towards your final bill, then it's a little rough right now...if it's still sitting there as a credit, then woohoo, problem solved.

At least you're technically not OUT the $500.

Nope, it wasn't OBC. That was the first thing I asked. :(

Oh well.

That is strange because according to RCCL it means you have an OBC credit.

That is exactly how my OBC is listed for my cabin price drop on my newest invoice.

If you get on board and discover an OBC of that amount.... Lucky You!! :D

Just an fyi- the OBC is supposed to be able to be 'cashed out' if you don't use it all during your cruise. I believe that the 'OBC after final payment policy' began sometime around September 4th.

Sheilb, you have infinite patience...and I hope it pays off. I agree that it's time to go over the TA's head and get some resolution. Particularly, if nothing else for now, to put your mind at ease that your cruise is actually paid in full!

Have you called Customer Service at (800) 529-6918 and explained your situation? You would be transferred to Resolutions from there. I can't imagine that the cruiseline would put you off, knowing that your TA isn't delivering and given the payment issue. :confused:

Thanks for the info another factoid learned thanks to CC. I believe the date you mentioned is very close to the date we learned of our residency special. I was having some nice fantasies on how to spend that OBC though! :)

Shel glad you have it resolved and I hope you find you have a nice credit waiting for you.

Sue

By all means, get a copy of the credit card statement from the bank. If the card was just closed in Nov. you might be able to get a copy on line. The part that I am confused about is: if they refunded the 500.00 when they changed the cruise, did they turn around and charge the 500.00 again as a deposit on the new cruise? That is why you need a copy of the statement and maybe why you didn't notice the credit on your cc statement. If it was immediately charged again (as a deposit for the new cruise) then the total amount on the card would just be a wash. The OP would not have really received a refund at all.

Yes, the bank will mail the credit if the card has been closed.

Wow! This thread was a cliffhanger for a while, huh?

My TA and I work as a team with the payments and invoices. She is VERY efficient, but understands that I do my own tracking, too, which she likes. It's like a check and balance system we have going.

When I deposit or make a payment she sends me the invoice within 24 hours, usually within minutes. I keep track of what I expect, and check the information carefully on all the invoices. There have been mistakes, and they are ALWAYS RCCL's fault. Forgotten balcony credits, senior citizen discounts, etc.

I keep a history of all my invoices so I have a paper trail of price drops, payments, etc.

It can get pretty tricky, because I currently have 6 cruises booked, one with 4 cabins, and I'm going after price drops on all of them. So, the invoice hand-off between us is important.

I, too, only use one credit card for our cruise payments, and I check it to make sure payments and (previously) credits go through.

Even if you book directly with RCCL you are still at the mercy of their mistakes, so paying attention is important.

One reason why the refund may not stand out in your mind is that RCCL has a habit(?) of issuing its refunds in multiple parts with strange amounts that add up to the total. Don't ask me why, but make a simple deposit on a cruise, then change your mind and wait to see how the credit is posted.

I just did this last month... put down a $750 deposit, then cancelled. Received the credit(s) within 2 days: $461.10 and $288.90. I would guess there is some rhyme or reason, but beats me what it is!

Glad it is somewhat resolved! Enjoy your cruise!

A~

Did your TA mistakenly give you a residency discount you didn't qualify for? I've heard of passengers being asked to pay the difference when this happens. It doesn't matter where your TA is located, if you cannot prove you live in the state being offered the residency discount, you'll have to pay the difference.

Did your TA mistakenly give you a residency discount you didn't qualify for? I've heard of passengers being asked to pay the difference when this happens. It doesn't matter where your TA is located, if you cannot prove you live in the state being offered the residency discount, you'll have to pay the difference.

She has already answered - she was given a credit back on her credit card but didn't know it therefore she did owe the money.

Sorry, I feel embarrassed that I have another issue, and need your advise....but here goes....

I sail in 2 weeks....just noticed a price drop which I am eligible for per RCCL today..but because I am with a TA she has to manage the booking I know...

Problem # 1....TA is on vacation, so unable to reach her.

She is an independent agent so I called the TA co that she works with and asked for their cruise affiliate dept, (RCCL advised to do this as I was unable to reach TA)

They are closed for the w/end!! Can you beleive it!! and thats cruise.com, not some small agency... so can't do anything until monday by which day the price drop may have reversed, this is $300 difference, I may lose out on..

Any thoughts as what else I can do, if anything...Thanks.

Sorry, I feel embarrassed that I have another issue, and need your advise....but here goes....

I sail in 2 weeks....just noticed a price drop which I am eligible for per RCCL today..but because I am with a TA she has to manage the booking I know...

Problem # 1....TA is on vacation, so unable to reach her.

She is an independent agent so I called the TA co that she works with and asked for their cruise affiliate dept, (RCCL advised to do this as I was unable to reach TA)

They are closed for the w/end!! Can you beleive it!! and thats cruise.com, not some small agency... so can't do anything until monday by which day the price drop may have reversed, this is $300 difference, I may lose out on..

Any thoughts as what else I can do, if anything...Thanks.

To be Blunt about it, you are probably SOL, the only thing I can think of, is to take a Screen Shot, of the lower price, and hopefully the TA can use that to go to bat for you for a price reducton on Monday, one of the downfalls of using a TA I'm afraid

Hi all, those of you that followed my thread re the issues with payment to RCCL and TA etc mess up....

Just found a price drop of $300 on my next cruise in 2 weeks, (10/18 FOS) TA made it right and I now have my OBC back!! So life is good! :D

Thats great! Did you ever find out where the $500.00 went to. Closed credit card, back to T/A, etc,?

Enjoy your Cruise! So glad it was settled prior to departure!:)

Yes finally...it was refunded back to a card that I had paid off and had closed....so the pay off included the $500 which was missed somehow...don't ask ...!

Bottom line, 2 weeks out from a cruise , final payment done, received tickets etc and suddenly RCCL/TA "discover" a balance of $500...still can't figure that out, but all sorted now PHEW!! Thanks. :)

Archived