website to see which cabins are available?

njsonja

Sonya-

If you are on NCl website and follow the booking process you can see available cabins. You don't have to actually book, but once you get to the cabin selection page you can enter a cabin number or just see what is offered. It will give a pretty good idea what is available on a particular sailing. Happy hunting:)

I have done that several times. A couple of times a PCC from NCL has called to see if I needed anything since they saw me on line. Kinda interesting. I surely don't mind.

Nancy

Don't fill out the pop up window when you do a fake booking. That is why you are getting those calls. Just close the pop up by clicking on the "X" in the upper right

Most of the larger booking sites also allow a temporary booking without a name. Note that you will not see more than appox 6 of the open cabins. You can always put in a specific cabin number to see if it is available. If you see less than 6 cabins, it MIGHT mean that is all that are available.

Keep in mind there are often cabins on "hold", etc.

It's really all a game and my personal opinion is if we are paying the big bucks we should be able to see more than a paltry six cabins in a category. The only way around this is to tell your ta you want a choice of at least twelve cabins. They always seem to come up with them when we ask. Too many are willing to take what is offered.

It's really all a game and my personal opinion is if we are paying the big bucks we should be able to see more than a paltry six cabins in a category. The only way around this is to tell your ta you want a choice of at least twelve cabins. They always seem to come up with them when we ask. Too many are willing to take what is offered.

I totally agree! I would recommend to the OP that they just call NCL and inquire whether or not a cabin they want might be available. When I made our reservation for our upcoming cruise over a year in advance, I wanted to book one of the eight mini suites on the aft of the Pearl. When I checked all of the stateroom numbers, they were showing sold. When I contacted our PCC, she told me they were all available. NCL's website is a nightmare anyway, so it's really not a surprise to me.

Not sure what the beef is. For whatever reason, they only show 6. If you want to ask for something else, you can call in and they will look in the specific area you might want. Not a problem.

Actually, it is an issue of software design and what package each agent/service uses on their computer systems and website. My own TA with both a web and bricks and mortar presence just switched to software that will display up to 7 cabins per category online (from their earlier program that only showed 5), but they are connected directly to NCL --- whose software only displays up to 5 cabins per category at a time!!! That's pretty paltry. If I want to see another assortment of available cabins she has to call NCL while I'm on the phone with the deckplan in front of me and they have to search manually.

I just guess they want to keep the booking process as simple as possible and not offer too many choices at once --- since their market is still predominantly FIRST TIMERS who confuse more easily than we savvy CCers, and are less likely to know/insist on cabins in specific locations! :D

I just guess they want to keep the booking process as simple as possible and not offer too many choices at once --- since their market is still predominantly FIRST TIMERS who confuse more easily than we savvy CCers, and are less likely to know/insist on cabins in specific locations! :D

I totally agree with this because the cabins that they pop up on the listing are all over the place not together in one section of the ship.

cruzin is me: I think you hit the nail on the head about savvy cruisers vs first timers. After 25 years and as many cruises, we are still learning. I guess I would like to see fair play in cabin selection for the newbies and inexperienced. My first word of advice would be to study deck plans carefully (what is above and below you) on the ship you are interested in. 7Seas has an excellent site with all ship deck plans. Research and location is key and then when you book you know you made a knowledgeable choice.

When you get to the cabin selection it says in the paragraph above the selections "The choices below reflect the best staterooms currently available in your selected category" and advises that if you are interested in a specific stateroom to fill in the form and click search. Not sure why you would need to see all of the available staterooms in a category.

The best practice as far as I am concerned is to research the deck plans and pick your favorite ones (say 10 in your chosen cabin type). Then check to see if these are available. If so, book your favorite in that group. If none are available, pick another 10 and so on.

To me it is better to figure out what you want and then "ask" if it is available rather than look at a long list of all available cabins and then have to go back to see where they are.

When you get to the cabin selection it says in the paragraph above the selections "The choices below reflect the best staterooms currently available in your selected category" and advises that if you are interested in a specific stateroom to fill in the form and click search. Not sure why you would need to see all of the available staterooms in a category.

2 comments --

the "best" means different things to different people!!!

and -- if they are only showing 6 cabins at a time because of software limitations, that's only a representation of what THEY consider the "best." Often, after one of the shown cabins is selected, the next time I log on I notice a new flashing green dot (Travelocity, etc) or listing of a cabin # I would consider "better." [i routinely use Travelocity's site to see what availabilities are showing because I find it easy to maneuver and you don't have to provide any info to see what they are showing.]

I still say the bottom line is they don't want to confuse the booking process (as they see it) by offering too many goodies at a time to a possibly confused enough consumer!!

As for other lines being able to see how a competitor's bookings are running, I bet all lines have favorite travel agents who sell all lines who would provide that info to them anyway. Besides, the agents use the same software and can only see from 5 - 8 at a time too!!!

2 comments --

the "best" means different things to different people!!!

and -- if they are only showing 6 cabins at a time because of software limitations, that's only a representation of what THEY consider the "best." Often, after one of the shown cabins is selected, the next time I log on I notice a new flashing green dot (Travelocity, etc) or listing of a cabin # I would consider "better." [i routinely use Travelocity's site to see what availabilities are showing because I find it easy to maneuver and you don't have to provide any info to see what they are showing.]

I still say the bottom line is they don't want to confuse the booking process (as they see it) by offering too many goodies at a time to a possibly confused enough consumer!!

As for other lines being able to see how a competitor's bookings are running, I bet all lines have favorite travel agents who sell all lines who would provide that info to them anyway. Besides, the agents use the same software and can only see from 5 - 8 at a time too!!!

Well, we all know that there are some booking sites from the UK that show all cabins available and I don't believe they're confused. If it works for them, why can't we have it (I guess those of us that know the site, do have it).

Peter

Well, we all know that there are some booking sites from the UK that show all cabins available and I don't believe they're confused. If it works for them, why can't we have it (I guess those of us that know the site, do have it).

Peter

So, Peter, we obviously don't "all" know this!! This is the very first time I've ever heard of such. Interesting.

Sheila

Personally, I prefer the fact that I can decide where I would like to be and just type in the cabin number to see if it's open for booking rather than scroll through a long list.

However, to each his own. :D

Me too buddy.

I don't understand what is so hard, or upsetting. Pick a cabin, type it in if not displayed, and it will tell you if available.

Al

how do you search on ncl's website for a garden villa or owner's suite...do you know the room numbers? just curious!

Just go to the NCL site or any travel site. Pick a sailing to look at (I find it easy to maneuver in so I use Travelocity for reference). Go to a particular sailing, then you'll get the list of categories and prices --- select one of them and you'll be directed to the list of 6-8 available cabins in that category. Garden Villas on Jewel class ships are on deck 14. There are 2 of them -- one is #14000. Owner's suites are forward, 2 on deck 9 and 2 on deck 10, # 9004, 9504, 10004, 10504.

Archived