Rental Rates: MCO to Canaveral January 2010

bilyclub

• 2 weeks later...

I did find a Budget economy car MCO to Cape Canaveral for $41 on Dec 12-13 (24 hrs) using code from Walmart W810011.....and a 7 hr economy car Cape Canaveral to MCO on Dec 20 for $37 on Avis using a code I found here....C031529. It is a code people have apparently used over and over with no problems. It works for me! Best rate I found. Hope this helps.

I have been searching for a one day car rental from MIA fo FLL for weeks. I would like to know why the car rental price has gone up so much. Any idea?

4 to 6 months ago when I started my travel plan to Florida, I booked a 2 weeks with Enterprise for $270 total. Now that our plan changed and we only need a one week rental, the price has gone up to $166 total. The problem is we have to go from FLL to MIA (city location not airport) to pick up the car and may have to return it there too.

I am still watching the price for a one day car rental from Mia to the hotel, and to FLL to the cruise.

All those seemingly low price @ $25/day would end up being $70 with all the fees!

I found Budget for $61 for Orlando to Port C. total including taxes and fees. That isn't too bad.

The return is killing me because I need it for 2 days and the drop fee.

Thrifty is only $25.00/day but the drop fee and taxes make it over $100.

Crazy!

ETA: I used that code for Avis and got it for $54.00 from Orlando to PtC, and $69.00 on the return.

whoo hoo!

Those rates include taxes and fees. The car on the return is for 2 days.

boprn~ Is that walmart code for Budget only for employees? Do you need to show anything? I found a rate for $90 (full size) for my 1 day 19 hrs from MCO to pt Canaveral in Jan. I had a rate of $114 from avis but I was concerned about the code I found. Thanks for the information!

WOW that same code for my return of 9hrs is $98!!! That is crazy. I may have to chance it with Avis at a rate of $37 Has anyone RECENTLY used avis code AWD: C031529? I am so afraid they wont give it to me and then it will be $200 to rent!:rolleyes:

I used the Discover Card for Budget one listed on BopRn's link-S232000. Did better with that one than with any of the others I tried for 2/19-21. I do have a Discover Card that I can use if needed when we pick up, not sure if I'll need to show it or not.

Remember to clear cookies if you're trying different codes.

I used the Discover Card for Budget one listed on BopRn's link-S232000. Did better with that one than with any of the others I tried for 2/19-21. I do have a Discover Card that I can use if needed when we pick up, not sure if I'll need to show it or not.

Remember to clear cookies if you're trying different codes.

I used this code too, way back when I was looking for an MCO rental 12/24 - 26, dropping off in PC. I reserved for just over $100, now the price is has tripled:eek:

One thing I've learned is to start shopping early, early, early.

Thank you so much. I went ahead and changes to the discover code (I have one and feel better about using the code alot to be said about peace of mind) The price was the same for the 2 day rental prior at $90 for a full size. The return trip for 6 hours was cheaper at $45 for full size. I am happy with both rates and it ended up cheaper then the avis code that I had no idea what it was for! This is for Jan 2010 so I think $135 ($45 each) for transfers and the ability to do as we want is great!:D

I did find a Budget economy car MCO to Cape Canaveral for $41 on Dec 12-13 (24 hrs) using code from Walmart W810011.....and a 7 hr economy car Cape Canaveral to MCO on Dec 20 for $37 on Avis using a code I found here....C031529. It is a code people have apparently used over and over with no problems. It works for me! Best rate I found. Hope this helps.

Iused this code and good good rates, but I'm unsure if it will work when I pick up my car. Do you happen to know where the code came from and what it is for? Thanks

The code C031529 from Avis is a worldwide code. I called and spoke with Avis personally about 1 month ago when I was looking for a rental car for March. She reassured me it would be fine to use. You need nothing to show. I ended up using my Hilton Honor code as it was a little cheaper and we will have our card with us. Hope this helps!!

We got a SUV for March 18-20th for 166.00 including taxes and fees. Did not think that was to bad for a SUV. Splitting the cost with sister and her hubby!!

Archived