Do you wish you had bought RCL stock when it was $5.40?

tocanada

Well, we bought 100 shares when it was $32 a share.....then bought 100 more when it was $8, so about now we're even. And to top it off now we can't even use it for the perk of OBC, so it better keep climbing.

Hey, you're still up $800 (not including time value)! :D Good thing you lowered your cost basis.

Well, we bought 100 shares when it was $32 a share.....then bought 100 more when it was $8, so about now we're even. And to top it off now we can't even use it for the perk of OBC, so it better keep climbing.

Didn't have money when it was $5.40 but I did when it was $8. Bought 110 at $8, so I'm happy. I'll use the OBC if I ever book an interior or oceanview cabin.

I use my stock OBC every time I sail Celebirty no mater what cabin we are in!!

RCL stock price has gone up from $5.40 in March to over $24 today.

A $5,400 investment would now be worth over $24,000. That pays for a few cruises!

andrew

I wish I had bought MORE when it was low. My broker discouraged me from buying it at all, so I bought only the 100 shares required for the share holder benefits when the stock was at $5.80/share.

It promptly jumped up to over $17 share as I watched, first thrilled, then kicking myself for not having bought more. In order to EVER take any profit, I'd have to surrender my share holder benefit!

When the stock dropped down in the $10s again, I bought a second 100 shares at $10.45/share.

I wish I'd bought more, even at THAT price!!

RCL stock price has gone up from $5.40 in March to over $24 today.

A $5,400 investment would now be worth over $24,000. That pays for a few cruises!

andrew

I bought at $5.50 but your math is off I only spent $550 for 100 shares,now worth a lot more.

I wish I had bought MORE when it was low. My broker discouraged me from buying it at all, so I bought only the 100 shares required for the share holder benefits when the stock was at $5.80/share.

It promptly jumped up to over $17 share as I watched, first thrilled, then kicking myself for not having bought more. In order to EVER take any profit, I'd have to surrender my share holder benefit!

When the stock dropped down in the $10s again, I bought a second 100 shares at $10.45/share.

I wish I'd bought more, even at THAT price!!

I'm with you on that one critterchick! Wish I'd bought more too.....same scenario, broker advised against it. :(

My husband and I got lucky and bought at exactly $5.40. We also only bought 100 shares to get the OBC - we're both young and this was our first attempt at the stock market. Needless to say, we're thrilled with the results, but sad that to see that we'd lose our OBC to reap profits. If it ever dips again, we're snapping up additional shares.

I use my stock OBC every time I sail Celebirty no mater what cabin we are in!!

Good point. We often forget that RCI was the only one of the three lines in the RCCL family who offered really good combinable benefits. X and Azamara do not offer a balcony discount, and the OBC for using a cruise purchased onboard or a Next Cruise (forget what they call them) is based on the price, not the length of the cruise. You have to spend something like $3000 to get $100 OBC. So the shareholder credit still comes in handy on those lines no matter what your status or the accomodation you book.

I'm with you on that one critterchick! Wish I'd bought more too.....same scenario, broker advised against it. :(

Wrong chick.:) I bought in the $40s in about 2005. I've gotten back almost all of my original investment in OBC, so I really can't call it a failed investment. See, e.g., Lucent.

Heck yeah I wish I'd bought at $5.40....instead of the $40 something "I" paid!!:mad:

There, there, you have plenty of company, including me!

Archived