NCL Spirit - Questions???

RaMar

During the month of August I saw the Spirit docked in Bermuda and it looked beautiful from the outside. I was on a Princess cruise docked a few feet away. Can someone share their thoughts about the refurbishment. Is smoking allowed in the cabins and/or balcony? Thanks!

During the month of August I saw the Spirit docked in Bermuda and it looked beautiful from the outside. I was on a Princess cruise docked a few feet away. Can someone share their thoughts about the refurbishment. Is smoking allowed in the cabins and/or balcony? Thanks!

The Spirit is a great ship, and the decor is most unlike other ships in the fleet having a decidedly Asian flavor to it (having been originally built and deployed in the Asian market).

Smoking is allowed in all cabins and balconies currently. However, and this is only my own non-smoking opinion... they do an excellent job in cabins of removing any trace of smoke odor.

The Spirit is a charming ship - I loved it - we had a balcony on the 9th floor and it was perfect.

I can remember the exact name but if you like Asian food - go to the Asian fusion restuarant - it was so good we went there twice - at the time the charge was only $ 10.00 and so worth it.

The one thing that stood out on the Spirit was the crew, they go out of their way to please and are suburb in every way.

Does anyone happen to have any experience with Boston to Bermuda in July? (Sea Conditions)

Considering a multi-city, multi-ship, back-to-back next year. Arriving July 1 on EPIC in NYC, then scooting over to Boston for the July 2nd Spirit sailing to Bermuda.

Should I expect it to be bumpy on the way to Bermuda?

Does anyone happen to have any experience with Boston to Bermuda in July? (Sea Conditions)

Considering a multi-city, multi-ship, back-to-back next year. Arriving July 1 on EPIC in NYC, then scooting over to Boston for the July 2nd Spirit sailing to Bermuda.

I go from NY rather than Boston, but it's essentially the same route south of NY. It can be rough...any time you cross the Gulf Stream there can be some swells or choppy water. I'd say it's been about 50-50 rough versus smooth in my experience.

Always be prepared for the possibility of some roughness when you sail out of Boston. Although you may be fortunate to experience smooth seas, it's likely that either going down or coming back might be a bit windy/choppy. I agree with njhorseman that it's a 50% chance.:)

It's the Atlantic Ocean... it's not predictable. Your experience will vary based upon weather conditions, lunar conditions, currents and winds. I would plan for it to be potentially rough. I would rather be pleasantly surprised that it is smooth than unprepared for rough seas. However, you SHOULD be adjusted having just done a TA...

Rough is also relative... I survived 25 foot seas on the the Dawn with no issues but I am not in the majority on that level of roughness... Many others, passengers AND crew, were not doing so well on that day. ;)

Archived