courtyard privileges

mttwinmom

I have a question about the courtyard. I've booked an owners suite next Sept. and have family members looking to book also. They aren't in a position to pay the for an owners suite but still hoping to get something with courtyard privileges. What suites on the Epic will get you this. I've called twice and got two different answers. It would be just a couple. Thanks a lot

All suites on the Epic get courtyard privileges. Keep in mind there are only a handfull of AC and SA suites outside the courtyard.

I wish I could be as confident as you that the Spa suites have courtyard access, since neither the brochure nor NCL's Web site says so and some people have apparently gotten advice to the contrary from NCL.

On the other hand, some people have gotten advice that they do have courtyard access.

:confused:

I wish I could be as confident as you that the Spa suites have courtyard access, since neither the brochure nor NCL's Web site says so and some people have apparently gotten advice to the contrary from NCL.

On the other hand, some people have gotten advice that they do have courtyard access.

:confused:

One thing I have learned is you can get many answers to the same question from NCL. I will check with Crane later today to confirm but logic alone says the SA's have to have access. Concierge lounge is in the courtyard, VIP breakfast and lunch for suite passengers in the the courtyard. You think they are going to open another VIP dining location for just the SA passengers. Heck there is not even a table big enough in the SAs to have meals served by the butler.

One thing I have learned is you can get many answers to the same question from NCL. I will check with Crane later today to confirm but logic alone says the SA's have to have access. Concierge lounge is in the courtyard, VIP breakfast and lunch for suite passengers in the the courtyard. You think they are going to open another VIP dining location for just the SA passengers. Heck there is not even a table big enough in the SAs to have meals served by the butler.

I know it makes sense from many perspectives, but the the pricing continues to mystify me. However let's not get into that discussion again. :D

the information I received when I called indicated yes, spa suites would have the privileges. The next phone call was a no! I called again this morning to see what the answer would be. I was told only the villa and owners suite had the privileges. This doesn't even make sense. I guess I will wait a little longer, then take my chances. How could a person book a suite within the courtyard but not have the use of it. Quite the torture!

How could a person book a suite within the courtyard but not have the use of it. Quite the torture!

They couldn't - it is very clear in all the literature and the booking engine that all cabins in the courtyard as well as ACs have access. The only ones that are "unclear" in the material are SAs that are outside the courtyard.

This should close the discussion.

Jim:

Crane is out of the office and ask that I respond on his behalf. The answer is yes Spa Suites do have access to the courtyard area. I will make sure that this information is updated on ncl.com.

Thank you for passing on this miss on our part of for being a loyal NCL customer.

This should close the discussion.

Jim:

Crane is out of the office and ask that I respond on his behalf. The answer is yes Spa Suites do have access to the courtyard area. I will make sure that this information is updated on ncl.com.

Thank you for passing on this miss on our part of for being a loyal NCL customer.

Great! Thanks for taking the time to chase this down. Now to the important task...convincing the wife how nice one of those spa suites would be for the Epic's maiden TA cruise!

"Who has access to the exclusive Courtyard Area

and what does it offer?"

Guests staying in The Villas, as well as

Penthouses and Spa Suites will have access to the

Courtyard Area 16-decks above sea level paradise.

This secluded complex includes butler and

concierge service, a private pool, two hot tubs,

gym, saunas, sundeck and indoor/outdoor dining at

the Epic Club and the Courtyard Grill. Enjoy the

exclusive nightlife at Epic Club Lounge with

premium liquors and Posh Beach Club, with

exclusive bottle service and a DJ.

They have finally updated the NCL website to reflect that the SA suites do in fact have courtyard access.

But notice that, according to the website, only the higher-level suites have access to the "private restaurant and lounge."

Archived