$99 Discount

radleyboy

I was wondering if anybody could tell me how often NCL offers the 3rd and 4th passenger discount of $99? I booked a cruise for this Dec. back in April and then had to cancel because my husband was being deployed for the military. We want to schedule another cruise when he returns but they are not offering that discount anymore. I want to know if I should wait thinking that NCL will offer another discount like that or something similar or go ahead and book for a cruise in April or May of 2010.

They offer them from time to time but only on select itineraries, not on all. That's one of the reasons we like sailing on the Sky, and you might be able to do a back to back if you want a longer cruise. Hope your husband returns safely and give him my thanks for his service.

I was wondering if anybody could tell me how often NCL offers the 3rd and 4th passenger discount of $99? I booked a cruise for this Dec. back in April and then had to cancel because my husband was being deployed for the military. We want to schedule another cruise when he returns but they are not offering that discount anymore. I want to know if I should wait thinking that NCL will offer another discount like that or something similar or go ahead and book for a cruise in April or May of 2010.

Even when there is not a $99 sale for 3rd and 4th passengers, the rates for additional passengers after the first 2 is usually greatly reduced. For instance, I just checked our Canada/new England trip on Dawn for Sept 12, 2010 and although WE got a $99 3rd pax fare in a BA, it is now $149 extra for inside.

Some other lines will offer say reduced fare of $599 for a 3rd passenger when the regular fare of $899 was charged for the first two. Not much savings, but some. So NCL regularly has better rates for extra people in the cabin.

This can sometimes make a suite affordable even at the higher rates for 1st and 2nd passengers, if you average it out with 3 or 4 in the room.

Is that a one day only sale, I will be on the Majesty that week, and want to save money booking Alaska

Even better . Book while you are on the Majesty(10/14) and get what the current deal is and you may be able to roll the future cruise certificate offer into the same deal . See the cruise sales guy while on board ;)

To the OP,

I would go ahead and book, be sure you use the PGMIL code when booking as well as any other you qualify for, for instance latitudes, check for residency sale etc. but the military discount is a good one. What are the third and fourth person rates currently for the cruise you want?

Even better . Book while you are on the Majesty(10/14) and get what the current deal is and you may be able to roll the future cruise certificate offer into the same deal . See the cruise sales guy while on board ;)

NCL no longer books cruises on board. The cruise consultant focuses on selling the certificates.

Does anyone know how to find these $99 3rd & 4th passengers fares? I see that rate posted on web sites as "from $99", but after much looking and clicking on itineraries I've never actually find a cruise with those rates. I have found some with $199 3rd-4th passenger rates, but that only turns up after I go through a fake booking, where it shows up on the last page before actually buying the cruise. (I know this is a great fare, too, but not as good as $99!)

We want to take our five grandchildren on a cruise and naturally enough need really good rates; maybe their parents too. We're interested in Mexico from California or Eastern Caribbean.

Does anyone know how to find these $99 3rd & 4th passengers fares? I see that rate posted on web sites as "from $99", but after much looking and clicking on itineraries I've never actually find a cruise with those rates. I have found some with $199 3rd-4th passenger rates, but that only turns up after I go through a fake booking, where it shows up on the last page before actually buying the cruise. (I know this is a great fare, too, but not as good as $99!)

We want to take our five grandchildren on a cruise and naturally enough need really good rates; maybe their parents too. We're interested in Mexico from California or Eastern Caribbean.

When they have the $99 promotion I think you're most likely to find it on 3 or 4 night Bahamas cruises.

When they have the $99 promotion I think you're most likely to find it on 3 or 4 night Bahamas cruises.

I've never seen a rate for 3rd/4th passenger higher than $99 on the 3 and 4 night Bahamas cruises. I'm not prepared to say that all the 3 and 4 day cruises are $99 for extra pax because I haven't looked at every itinerary. And when I was looking ahead to 2011 the rate was given as $119.

I've never seen a rate for 3rd/4th passenger higher than $99 on the 3 and 4 night Bahamas cruises. I'm not prepared to say that all the 3 and 4 day cruises are $99 for extra pax because I haven't looked at every itinerary. And when I was looking ahead to 2011 the rate was given as $119.

I took the time to do two test bookings before I posted. I picked a 3 day and a 4 day at random for the spring of 2010, and both cruises showed a $149 rate for 3rd and 4th passengers.

Okay, that makes sense. I haven't looked at the Bahamas 3-4 days cruises because it's not worth the airfare from Nebr. for such a short cruise, to us. Seven day is my minimum if I'm going to go through the hassle of driving and flying (We're 2.5 hours from the airport) as well as the expense of tickets, and probably at least one night of hotels pre-cruise. Plus, I don't think I'd like the itinerary or the more likely party-ship atmosphere with young kids.

I think in the end, you have to be lucky. I booked in February and got $99 rates for 3rd & 4th, but it wasn't a "from $99" sale, it was a "3rd - 8th passenger rates are $99" sale. Waiting for that kind of sale could mean the difference between sailing and not sailing if you want to go on a specific cruise. If you do not, then waiting could be good.

I guess I should have said ,, go to the computer cafe and book . ;)

That's still not going to work because the certificate you buy on board isn't going to be posted to your Latitudes account yet, and the one day cruise sale we are discussing is through participating travel agencies only, not on direct bookings with NCL.

That's still not going to work because the certificate you buy on board isn't going to be posted to your Latitudes account yet, and the one day cruise sale we are discussing is through participating travel agencies only, not on direct bookings with NCL.

It does not have to be booked through NCL , it can be booked through any TA . I have used these future cruise certs numerous times and have never booked direct .

They are applied to any future cruise . Unless this has changed since last month...

It does not have to be booked through NCL , it can be booked through any TA . I have used these future cruise certs numerous times and have never booked direct .

They are applied to any future cruise . Unless this has changed since last month...

That's correct, but what does it have to do with my post that you have quoted?

When you buy a certificate on board it won't be immediately posted to your Latitudes account, so you can't just sign up for the certificate and stroll over to the Internet cafe, book something on ncl.com, or with an Internet TA and expect NCL to have the record of your certificate so that it can be used for your deposit right then and there. Also, everything you said prior to this last post read as though you were intending a booking directly with NCL...because your first suggestion was to talk to the cruise consultant.

Archived