upgrade on Princendam.

irishjim

Based on the fact the the Prinsendam generally has a higher per diem, and the length of this cruise, I think $1200 (total, not per person) is a good price for this upgrade.

You're going to have a lovely cruise, regardless of which cabin you are in. The Prinsendam is a beautiful ship.

I had an outside cabin on the Prinsendam without a balcony last year and was really happy with it. We were on the Promenade deck. Anytime I wanted to sit outside I went outside and enjoyed the view on the Promenade deck. I think I would save the $1200 and use it for shore excusions or fun on board. But that is just my opinion.

You are going to have a great time - the Prinsendam is my very favorite ship I have ever been on.

There's a lot of this kind of thing going on relative to some of the Prinsendam's cruises that are still nearly a year off. I'm on a 22-day sailing of the Prinsendam to the "top of the world" departing July 23, 2010. Originally I had booked an inside M category ... since I'm cruising by myself this seemed like a reasonable category. They first upgraded me to a K, then the next thing I new they upgraded me to an outside E amidships. No cost. I'm sure if I've got a chance at a verandah it would ONLY be with a premium add-on, but frankly I'm very pleased with the cabin I've been moved to. VERY pleased.

Irishjim,

I wonder if they have too many passengers who have booked outside guarantees and need to move those who have booked cabins up higher. You never know, you may end up getting a verandah without having to pay out.

Last year when we were going on the Nautica, in the last two weeks before we sailed, Oceania was offering all sorts of wonderful offers for those who had booked in certain sections of the ship to postpone their cruise until this year as they had so many guarantees they had to fill. Friends of ours were offered a good sum of money to move from a verandah down to an OV cabin which they took.

Jennie

Hi Aussiegal,It would be great if i was offered a verandah at no cost but I doubt it.I will

wait and see if they offer the upgrade when we get to the ship.Of courseit would depend

on location ect,I know I am Irish but dont have the luck LOL.Not long now to sail date.Looking forward to meeting on board.

Jimmyg.

We, too, are on the July 23 Prinsendam -- we, too, were upgraded (without permission, without contacting our TA) from our carefully chosen category E midships to lower promenade deck (category C), forward, partial sea view -- not what we wanted at all -- our TA worked it out for us, but friends of ours had to change from their original cabin to a different one as theirs was already assigned to someone else before we noticed the change.

Can only ownder what is up ...... and also, now, wonder if you are enjoying the cabin originally assigned to our friends ...

Archived