Do you spend more on the ship if you paid a low price for your cruise?

caribbeanboy

As a two teacher family, we budget for vacations. If we get a bargain on the cruise fare, we have money to try specialty restaurants, buy more photos, etc. Royal ends up with the same amount of money, but we are happier.

Unfortunately there is a limit to our discretionary income, so if we get a good deal on the cruise itself, that usually leaves us with more money to spend on costlier excursions, perhaps a soda package or a bottle of wine in our cabin, maybe a trip or two to the spa for the wife, etc.

So, at least for us, I think the cruise line sees more ancillary sales if we got a very good price on our cruise.

If you have paid a low price for your cruise,do you spend more onboard ?

I don't. I typically pay off many months in advance, so once on the cruise I've forgotten what I paid. OBC has a little more to do with how much I spend on board. I see you are from Curacao. My first cruise there is in 2017. Come give us a personal guided tour and I'll spend more of the money on the ship. ;)

If we get a good deal on the price of the cruise, the dollars saved go to airfare, and we upgrade to first class. The amount of money we spend on the ship doesn't enter into it.

We always buy a couple of pictures, and wine for dinner, and a few drinks each night. Not much else. We don't do speciality places for dinner, but will do Johnny Rockets if available.