Gigantic: world's largest cruise ship nears completionSeptember 29, 2009

thied

Reading in todays Sunday paper they stated that if you stood the Oasis of the Seas on her stern she would be taller than Q1 in Surfers Paradise which is are the tallest apartment building in the Southern hemisphere and I think it is about 79 levels high...:eek:

Also Oasis will have 21 swimming pools....surely they must include spas in this figure.

Jillybean:)

I was just reading that because the ship is so huge,

you will be able to rent what they call "wow" phones on board.

They will enable you to not only keep in contact with your friends and family .... you will also be able to check out the wait times at any of the 15 restaurants,

and check out what seats are left for the shows.:eek:

I would sail on her anyday for the experience. I was looking at pricing last night.....it is soooo cheap. My family would love it and your right the ports would be almost inconsequential. They are only 7 day cruises though, we'd be knackered by the time we got off, so much to do! They also have 6 berth family rooms which would be great (if only I could ditch a child!:D)

Angela

I would sail on her anyday for the experience. I was looking at pricing last night.....it is soooo cheap. My family would love it and your right the ports would be almost inconsequential. They are only 7 day cruises though, we'd be knackered by the time we got off, so much to do! They also have 6 berth family rooms which would be great (if only I could ditch a child!:D)

Angela

Hi,

I am looking for our 'next' cruise too. If I am reading the website correctly, Rhapsody of the Seas has 8 berth family cabins. Queen bed, sofa bed, 4 Pullman beds.

I have always thought Oasis looks like a block of units. I hate crowds but would probably still go on Oasis given the chance. Does that make me a 'Cruise Tart'?

Cheers

Clive

Wow, thanks Thied for the link, after reading all your comments I had to have a look!

wow!!! its amazing but not for me I found it intimadating, sort of scary....I think I would feel its just another holiday at Surfers amongst the high risers, shops etc....NO wouldn't get me on it even for free! too too big... give me the real ships Pacific dawn anyday...Nett.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not a Very good start

11/6/09 - Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas Arrival Update - Two Days Late

While crossing the North Atlantic Ocean on its way to Port Everglades, Florida, Oasis of the Seas encountered strong winds and high seas. Due to the inclement weather, Oasis of the Seas is now scheduled to arrive at Port Everglades on the morning of November 13, 2009, two days later than originally scheduled. The late arrival will not impact any inaugural events, promotional activities or revenue sailings.

Trust she does not meet an iceberg:eek:

Bit off track here David, but I read in your NZ news that there is a large iceberg slowly edging its way up to you in NZ from Macquarie Island.:eek: Hope its melted by January:D

Jen

Bit off track here David, but I read in your NZ news that there is a large iceberg slowly edging its way up to you in NZ from Macquarie Island.:eek: Hope its melted by January:DJen

Hi Jen,

Yes, I heard that on the news this morning.

We had one in 2006,

and seems like another one has broken off from the Australian territory down there and is heading this way.

The last one was a tourist attraction and they had special flights out to it.

Wonder what will happen with this one.?

Hi Jen,

Yes, I heard that on the news this morning.

We had one in 2006,

and seems like another one has broken off from the Australian territory down there and is heading this way.

The last one was a tourist attraction and they had special flights out to it.

Wonder what will happen with this one.?

If it gets as close as that one in 2006, cruise ships may have to keep an eye out for it :)

Not that I would ever travel on this monstrosity, :D it looks like they have been able to get it up and running at least. ;)

Screen capture from this morning as it was on sea trials near the land of the trolls.:).

oa2.jpgFor someone that is not interested, you sure pay alot of attention to this wonder ... Count me in I want to get onboard !!

I found this bit of news

7:38pm on 9 November 2009

The director of a helicopter company that made sightseeing flights to icebergs off Otago in 2006, hopes another iceberg now in the Southern Ocean moves closer to New Zealand.

The National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research says the 500m-long iceberg is floating near Macquarie Island about 1000km southwest of New Zealand.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/stories/2009/11/09/1245d36c7cf9

Archived