*Wennfred* Live from Radiance of the Seas in Cabo

Wennfred

Our tablemates, Pat and Mike also Cruise Critic members are going to the Portefinos resturant.

Till later.Fred

Actually, we went to Chops. This dining room is pretty, service was great, food very good. I had jumbo shrimp which were huge, about the size of my palm. A nice touch was having the waiter take the shells off for me.

Fred, do they have minibars in the staterooms? I read somewhere they do.

Candi

We had one in out cabin--7594, but we never looked in it. :)

. What times do they show movies in the theatre?

One drawback is that they don't have movies during the day. They overlap with main dining.

We pretty much agree with Fred's reviews. They are fun to cruise with. At least this time we got to go ashore !:D

Pat

Wendy and I are currently onboard Radiance of the Seas, will have a full report when I get back, Pros and Cons compared to Carnival.

Highlights:

Very Beautiful Ship, very elegant and not goudy like Carnivals decor.

No Lobster on Formal Night :mad:

No Pineapple Juice in the dinning room for Breakfast :mad:

No Filet Mignon, You have to pay 14.95 in the dining room to get it. :mad:

Overall the Dinning room for dinner doesnt have much to offer, thank god they have the Alternative Selections area like Carnival and I am having the Top Sirlion which is ok.

Having a nice time, Cabo currently hot and sunny.

We are here with Carnival Splendor and Hollands Westerndam.

We had a room change due to this clanking sound that kept me up all day and night, RCI Pursers deck were quickly to take care of the problem by moving us, this cabin is behind the Atrium Lobby bar next to the piano and music but I prefer to listen to music at night then this Clanking sound.

Miss ya all.

See ya all soon.

Fred

Fred, can't believe you are on RCL.:eek: We are taking our first foray to RCL in 11 days. It's a cruise so it can't be bad and will try to always have a half full glass rather than a half empty glass. I just think Carnival has us spoiled. Still, we are looking forward to our cruise and hearing more about your cruise. Thanks for posting.:D

Wendy and I are currently onboard Radiance of the Seas, will have a full report when I get back, Pros and Cons compared to Carnival.

Highlights:

Very Beautiful Ship, very elegant and not goudy like Carnivals decor.

No Lobster on Formal Night :mad:

No Pineapple Juice in the dinning room for Breakfast :mad:

No Filet Mignon, You have to pay 14.95 in the dining room to get it. :mad:

Overall the Dinning room for dinner doesnt have much to offer, thank god they have the Alternative Selections area like Carnival and I am having the Top Sirlion which is ok.

Having a nice time, Cabo currently hot and sunny.

We are here with Carnival Splendor and Hollands Westerndam.

We had a room change due to this clanking sound that kept me up all day and night, RCI Pursers deck were quickly to take care of the problem by moving us, this cabin is behind the Atrium Lobby bar next to the piano and music but I prefer to listen to music at night then this Clanking sound.

Miss ya all.

See ya all soon.

Fred

Thought this was a Carnival Thread?

Fred is a well liked and honest member here and he is giving us facts about a CRUISE he is on. This is Cruise Critics, therefore info about a cruise, any cruise is welcome in my point of view. Carnival cruisers believe it or not, do cruise other lines.

Thanks for stopping in the middle of your cruise to give us info Fred, you're a peach!!!

I too have been on radiance it was my favorite RCI ship. Love the self leveling pool table. We did Hawaii round trip 2 years ago. Fantastic cruise. But there things every day that annoyed us. We are diamond plus with RCI and the last straw was debarkation and after that we went to Carnival. If the price is right I would cruise RCI again. Have not made any plans for 2010 except the Jan Dream cruise. Not sure where will end up going. Splendor and Mariner for oct 2010 even with my balcony discount Spendor is still $150 cheaper.

Lexi

Archived