*Wennfred* Live from Radiance of the Seas in Cabo

Wennfred

Wendy and I are currently onboard Radiance of the Seas, will have a full report when I get back, Pros and Cons compared to Carnival.

Highlights:

Very Beautiful Ship, very elegant and not goudy like Carnivals decor.

No Lobster on Formal Night :mad:

No Pineapple Juice in the dinning room for Breakfast :mad:

No Filet Mignon, You have to pay 14.95 in the dining room to get it. :mad:

Overall the Dinning room for dinner doesnt have much to offer, thank god they have the Alternative Selections area like Carnival and I am having the Top Sirlion which is ok.

Having a nice time, Cabo currently hot and sunny.

We are here with Carnival Splendor and Hollands Westerndam.

We had a room change due to this clanking sound that kept me up all day and night, RCI Pursers deck were quickly to take care of the problem by moving us, this cabin is behind the Atrium Lobby bar next to the piano and music but I prefer to listen to music at night then this Clanking sound.

Miss ya all.

See ya all soon.

Fred

Fred!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it, sounds like your having a good time and making lemonaid out of lemons with the noisy rooms.

The deal breaker to me is the fresh pineapple juice, it's one of my most favorite guilty pleasures on the cruises, nothing I'd ever do at home with all that sugar!!!

Hope you have an awesome time!!!

Carole

I did a side by side comparision on my Spirit thread. I am also a Platinum card holder on CCL and just moved up to Platinum status on RCCL on my recent Mariner cruise. I'll be interested to read you review. So far, you are right on with my thoughts.

Both lines have different offerings, but they are more similar than most would have you believe.

For those booked on this ship, you will have a nice time, once again the ship and crew is very nice, but to me its all the same, there isnt one cruise or cruiseline better then the other.

One thing to does stick out is the food in the buffet, the food in the Wind Jammer buffet is very good, totally different lay out as they have different food stations around the buffet are and there are no lines. Very well organized. All of the food is layed out very nicely and easy to get too.

The only problem I see and others agree with me is that you can not serve your own drinks, you have to go to the Drink station to get your juice or ice-tea, fruit punch etc. so by the time you get your drink its flat or dead and the ice has melted away.

Our tablemates, Pat and Mike also Cruise Critic members are going to the Portefinos resturant, we are going to eat in the buffet since the food had been very good and the Dining room food has been boring with nothing really good to select from. Still no Lobster or Filet Mignon from the menu. Its there but it will cost extra.

Wendys Updo was alot cheaper in price then on Carnival. Same results just less expensive... She paid 49.00.

We have the ship to ourselves as everyone is ashore, we are just enjoying taking walks above decks and enjoying the heat and the sun.

No shows for us, but for sure the Juggler/Comedian tonight.

Till later.

Fred

One thing to does stick out is the food in the buffet, the food in the Wind Jammer buffet is very good, totally different lay out as they have different food stations around the buffet are and there are no lines. Very well organized. All of the food is layed out very nicely and easy to get too.

The only problem I see and others agree with me is that you can not serve your own drinks, you have to go to the Drink station to get your juice or ice-tea, fruit punch etc. so by the time you get your drink its flat or dead and the ice has melted away.

Fred

Fred....don't they have waiters serving drinks in the buffet? They did when we were on the Mariner in August......never had to wait for a drink or refill.......

I agree their buffet is much much better......bigger variety and the stations are better then one buffet line.....

Hope you enjoy the rest!

Fred....don't they have waiters serving drinks in the buffet? They did when we were on the Mariner in August......never had to wait for a drink or refill.......

I agree their buffet is much much better......bigger variety and the stations are better then one buffet line.....

Hope you enjoy the rest!

No waiters serving drinks on the side like on Carnival, but its probably due to having no lines at the Drink station.

Just left Cabo, there is a storm brewing up and following us up the coast so we are on the move and heading back home.

Overall, this has been a nice relaxing cruise, got plenty of sleep and looking forward to the Jugglers and piano bar tonight, thats if they have one.

Fred

It's allways good to read your post, thanks for throwing them out there, and thanks for sharing your thoughts. You might not see my screen name around alot but I allways read what you have to say. Have a great one with many more to come for sure !

Our tablemates, Pat and Mike also Cruise Critic members are going to the Portefinos resturant, we are going to eat in the buffet since the food had been very good and the Dining room food has been boring with nothing really good to select from. Still no Lobster or Filet Mignon from the menu. Its there but it will cost extra.

Till later.

Fred

If your tablemates are Pat & Mike from So. Calif, screenname of Grampy and former members of the Panamaniacs, tell them hi from Ann & Gale.

Radiance was a very nice cruise for my gf and I. We both enjoyed Chops and Portofinos. Also discovered the Seaview Cafe where they serve fish & chips among other items.

when we took this cruise in June 08 there was staff with carts full of drinks wandering around WJ

This is only a 4 day cruise from San Diego to Cabo and back.

Found the Movie Theater today, tonights movie is Mall Cop.

Last night we ate at the Wind Jammer Buffet, the food there was very good with many selections including Sushi, Stir Fry with beef, chicken, fish etc. That was very good. They still had the cheeseburger station.

Dinner at the Wind Jammer buffet was very good, not to be missed, reason for that was that our tablemates went to the Chop Steak house or Portefinos for dinner. Besides the dining room menu didnt have anything for us, it was Italian night.

This morning we ate in the dining room and sat with our CC friends, Pat and DH Mike. They have Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice but its $5.00 !!! Looks like every bite they can get from you due cut backs etc.

Didnt do the Show last night, just stayed in bed and watch a few first run movies.

There is hardly anyone at the Pursers Desk, goes to show you that there are not many issues on this ship. They really do a good job here.

Last day at Sea before heading into San Diego this morning.

Fred

If your tablemates are Pat & Mike from So. Calif, screenname of Grampy and former members of the Panamaniacs, tell them hi from Ann & Gale.

Pat and Mikes CC Screen name is SassyRedHat.

have a nice day

Fred

It's allways good to read your post, thanks for throwing them out there, and thanks for sharing your thoughts. You might not see my screen name around alot but I allways read what you have to say. Have a great one with many more to come for sure !

Thank you very much, hope to cruise with you all in the near future.

Fred

Radiance was a very nice cruise for my gf and I. We both enjoyed Chops and Portofinos. Also discovered the Seaview Cafe where they serve fish & chips among other items.

when we took this cruise in June 08 there was staff with carts full of drinks wandering around WJ

We are going to do Seaview today @ noon, I was told to get there earily due to the lines, but I think this cruise is probably 65% full, so the wait shouldn't be too long. We went up to Seaview and was wow, very nice place with good food to eat, I was also told that the Clam Chowder is good too.

Fred

Guys, if you sail onboard this ship, you must go to the Flight Deck, Helo Pad. they have Benches surrounding the flight deck and its located on the very front of the ship. Its a very nice place to check out Sunsets.

Located on Deck 5, extreme forward, you must go outside and walk to the front of the ship.

Fred

Guys, if you sail onboard this ship, you must go to the Flight Deck, Helo Pad. they have Benches surrounding the flight deck and its located on the very front of the ship. Its a very nice place to check out Sunsets.

Located on Deck 5, extreme forward, you must go outside and walk to the front of the ship.

Fred

I did this at night, but on the Mariner. The starry sky was magnificent.

I am glad we can do this on the Radiance as well and plan to do so for both the sunsets and nightsky.

Thanks for the tip

No lobster or filet is a real bummer! Have a great time! See if you can find a list of people who dropped their auto tips hanging in the galley!

They already have my picture up by the Galley, so no galley tour for me :D

Seas are choppy with whitecaps and its very windy with gusts to 30 knots.

Went up to Seaview to have lunch and had the Cuban Sandwich, Fish & Chips and Onion rings, I highly recommend this spot for lunch or a late to midnight snack.

Music at the Lobby or Atuim and Im off to take me a sweet old nap, depending on what movie they are playing.

We have an Adult Comedy show tonight at 11pm so I will surely catch that one since I seem to miss all of the others.

take care all.

Fred

Archived