Fountain Coke Taste

cccer

Is it just me, but does the mix of the Coke products on RCL really bad?

We were on the Mariner a few weeks ago and the fountain Coke products were really awful (of course we are Coke snobs). All the bars were the same, bad.

A fountain coke is great if the mix is good, but I would prefer the can if it tastes like it did. Just my opinion.

I would have to agree. We have been on several ships and on all of them, the soda "mix" seemed watered down and did not taste great at all. Our waiter did bring sodas in cans to our table from the second night on, after he knew we had soda cards. Now, if I want a soda, I just buy a can.

I find that fountain cokes on ships, just like on land, vary from bar to bar. It depends on whether the mix is right or not. Having said that, I always but the soda card and usually find the place with the best mix and keep going there.

I thought it was only me that thought the Coke was watered down - I was 'jumped' on when I dared post this once. Infact, I'm surprised that Coca Cola allows the sale of it's product without some kind of quality control. It was no more than coloured water in some bars :(

We found the Coke to be better when we asked for no ice, I think the half a glass of melted ice cubes they throw in doesn't help.

I normally avoid Coke from a soda fountain because it never tastes right to me. However when we are in the USA (we are English) it tastes different anyway (yours is the closest to ours, Coke from Spain is undrinkable, French Coke is passable and the stuff from Holland is just odd!!!) so I always get a Soda card if we are cruising and just put up with it because even from a can it would taste funny to me :D

Emma UK

I thought it was only me that thought the Coke was watered down - I was 'jumped' on when I dared post this once. Infact, I'm surprised that Coca Cola allows the sale of it's product without some kind of quality control. It was no more than coloured water in some bars :(

I'd bet checks by the Coke reps are not done very often. I once worked for a convenience store and was chewed out by a Coke rep for the store having the mix wrong (it was actually too strong). We can hope that it is just a problem of the mix getting accidentally changed as opposed to trying to squeeze a few more servings out of the box.

Archived