Inaugural Dream cruisers cheated on entertainment

7continentKaren

Hi. Thank you for posting and the picture.

Is it correct you were on Deck 5.

Is where you were the back of the ship.

Do you, by chance, remember your cabin number?

Thank you very much!

Joy

Hi. Thank you for posting and the picture.

Is it correct you were on Deck 5.

Is where you were the back of the ship.

Do you, by chance, remember your cabin number?

Thank you very much!

Joy

Since the promenade deck is on deck 5, I got the impression he was on deck 7. It looks like the front of the ship to me but deck 5 is pretty much the same all around the ship so the view of deck 5 should be pretty similar anywhere you are on the ship.

Thanks for the photo. :D

This is the reason I canceled my trip on the Dream. :eek:

When I get a balcony, I want some privacy, and a nice view of the water at night.

I hope they don't build all new ships like the dream. I can see how it would keep drunks from falling off the ship at night.

Not a good design for folks who like to spend extra on a balcony room :p

WOW! I know on the Spirit class ships I don't book the extended rooms on the side because I don't want to look down on the lifeboats.

This I wouldn't like AT ALL! :eek:

I wonder what the noise level would be when not at sea at night? And does that area get lit up?

Thanks for the photo. :D

This is the reason I canceled my trip on the Dream. :eek:

When I get a balcony, I want some privacy, and a nice view of the water at night.

I hope they don't build all new ships like the dream. I can see how it would keep drunks from falling off the ship at night.

Not a good design for folks who like to spend extra on a balcony room :p

Is it that way all the way down both sides of the ship or only that bump out that we see in the picture? If it's all the down, I agree. I want to look down on water, not people.

Since the promenade deck is on deck 5, I got the impression he was on deck 7. It looks like the front of the ship to me but deck 5 is pretty much the same all around the ship so the view of deck 5 should be pretty similar anywhere you are on the ship.

We were on actually deck 6 cabin #6438 port side. That promenade goes around the full line of the ship. There are two hot tubs on either side we were lucky enough not to be near one and didnt suffer any inconvenience. However I worked out cabins around 6398/6402 would overlook the hot tub and the smoking area outside the Lanai

Is it that way all the way down both sides of the ship or only that bump out that we see in the picture? If it's all the down, I agree. I want to look down on water, not people.

The promenade goes all the way around the ship, it is deck 5. No you won't be able to stand at the rail of your balcony and look at the water hitting the ship. Yes you will still see the water, just like you do when you are sitting on your balcony. How much time do you actually spend standing on your balcony looking down at the sea?

If you want to look down at the water you can book the new Cove Balcony cabins. They will look directly down at the water hitting the ship.

The promenade goes all the way around the ship, it is deck 5. No you won't be able to stand at the rail of your balcony and look at the water hitting the ship. Yes you will still see the water, just like you do when you are sitting on your balcony. How much time do you actually spend standing on your balcony looking down at the sea? .

It was beautiful- looking down at the waves, sparkling in the moon light...

and watching the white spray splashing off the side of the ship....

as flying fish leap in all directions and skip across the wave tops....

I spent a lot of time looking at the water on the old style ships

(when I paid extra for a balcony room). I'd go out there while me wife was

in the bathroom, getting dressed for diner, doing her hair and make-up :D

It was a guy thing LOL

It was beautiful- looking down at the waves, sparkling in the moon light...

and watching the white spray splashing off the side of the ship....

as flying fish leap in all directions and skip across the wave tops....

I spent a lot of time looking at the water on the old style ships

(when I paid extra for a balcony room). I'd go out there while me wife was

in the bathroom, getting dressed for diner, doing her hair and make-up :D

It was a guy thing LOL

I spend a lot of time staring out at the water. It's one of my favorite things to do. We've booked a cove balcony on Dream. Anxious to hear how they are.

I sailed on the maiden Sept. 21st Carnival Dream European voyage. It was my 1st time on a Carnival cruise. Previously, I had sailed on Royal Carribean, Princess, Norwegian and Celebrity. The ship was beautiful, food good, staff accomadating +++. I have no significant complaints. The production show that I attended was one of the best I ever saw at sea. It had special effects that I haven't even seen in Vegas. The itinerary was port intensive and awesome. My cruise was priced at about 60% of similar European cruises and allowed me to purchase a bargain priced roundtrip Rome airfare. The Carnival shore excursions were reasonably priced and not marked up like on other overseas cruises. I cruised Europe on a beautiful brand new ship with excellent food for the price of budget hotels, dirty train stations and deli meals. My cruise was an excellent value and I'd cruise Carnival overseas again!

Wonderful to hear! Thank you!

Archived