Lobster On the Emerald

rslex

Yes, but its small so ask for a platter full. :D

So true on Princess. I have also been told no before on Princess when I asked for another. :eek:

I just took my first HAL cruise this Summer and was underwhelmed. However, they did serve huge lobsters in the dining room. I was amazed. One good thing about HAL.

So true on Princess. I have also been told no before on Princess when I asked for another. :eek:

I wonder if it would have been worthwhile to have ordered lobster, eaten it; leave and then come right back in requested to be seated & then ordered lobster again. I guess they couldn't very well refuse your seating request nor your re-ordering lobster.

The lobster tail was very small on our last cruise...at that time the lobster was served alongside tiger prawns, and the prawns were larger than the lobster...FYI, the Crown Grill (which we just love) has lobster tail on the menu (carries and additional surcharge...perhaps someone who has ordered it can say if it was worth it...:rolleyes:.!!)

The lobster tail was very small on our last cruise...at that time the lobster was served alongside tiger prawns, and the prawns were larger than the lobster...FYI, the Crown Grill (which we just love) has lobster tail on the menu (carries and additional surcharge...perhaps someone who has ordered it can say if it was worth it...:rolleyes:.!!)

I thought it was worth the $34 charge - $25 base charge & $9 up-charge for the lobster tail. I found it to be quite good.

I thought it was worth the $34 charge - $25 base charge & $9 up-charge for the lobster tail. I found it to be quite good.

There is already a tail included in the $25 charge, its just a smaller one.

The $9 upcharge allows you to get the large Brazillian tail or the live Maine.

We have never been impressed by the lobster served on any cruise. On Princess they're the smallest we have seen anywhere and Princess historically has a way to take a perfectly good lobster tail and turn it into a dried out, tasteless offering.

My humble suggestions to anyone looking forward to a lobster dinner is to go to your local seafood restaurant and enjoy one before or after your cruise. It will most likely be fresher and tastier than any lobster or tail you have onboard.

We usually have our local market steam a couple of lobsters for us to enjoy at home.

Lew

Archived