After a horrible year, I am leaving for Galveston tomorrow!!

KOOLBEANS

Geeeez, this has been a really bad year. My mother was diagnosed with cancer and passed away 50 days later. Four weeks after her passing, my parents house they lived in for 40 years, burned to the ground, with all of my mother's things, pictures, funeral items, etc. I've had marital trouble and husband had kidney stone surgery, then 3 weeks ago I had a heart attack. I am sailing solo for the first time, my cousin and her husband will be on the ship also, we are sailing out of Galveston on the Conquest.

With all that said, I think I can definitely say.....

I AM READY FOR AN AWESOME TIME!!

Although I didn't have as many losses as you experienced, my first cruise was after a very stressful year. Our youngest son has epilepsy, and his seizures are not under control. At his worst, he was having over 100 grand mal seizures a month. I thought I was going to go crazy. The cruise really helped me so much. My husband stayed with our other children, and I went with my sister and two of my daughters. It was wonderful. I just stood in the water at Cozumel and could feel the stress leaving my body. For me, the beach is such a perfect place to pray and worship that I really did come back renewed and ready for round 2 with our son. I pray that your trip will revitalize you and help you heal from all of your losses.

Have a wonderful cruise. I know firsthand that getting away for awhile will do wonders for you. I know when we took a few days vacation a couple of months after I lost my Mother, I felt a 100% better when I returned. BTW, I can be at the port in a couple of hours if you can fit me in your luggage. LOL.:)

I hope you find peace and contentment by the sea .I took my first cruise after my MOm passed away .It was very difficult even 6 months later but it did help

Good luck to you

Bon Voyage

WE wish you calm seas and pleasant journeys

Michele

Archived