Just off Dawn 10/11 Ghost Story

KevinsCruising

I have no doubt as I do believe somewhat in the supernatural... I do think all the bad jokes, etc. are very disrespectful, after all this woman has a family. Again this is just my opinion.

You're being too serious about this....we have all had people close to us pass. No one here means any disrespect and I doubt for one second that the woman who passed would take offense. She'd likely be enjoying the thread if she were reading it...I know I would. :p

I was also witness to Dawn freaking out after her episode in cabin 8106... It was a really freaky thing. She honestly knew nothing about the ship being haunted.

Edited by halos

You're being too serious about this....we have all had people close to us pass. No one here means any disrespect and I doubt for one second that the woman who passed would take offense. She'd likely be enjoying the thread if she were reading it...I know I would. :p

I was also witness to Dawn freaking out after her episode in cabin 8106... It was a really freaky thing. She honestly knew nothing about the ship being haunted.

Again no problem with the original tone of the post.... however there is nothing funny about loss of life. No offense to you.

I was almost finished writing a ghost story about my deceased dad on this thread and my computer shut off. I think that is scary.

TideOne, dolls are creepy! I never liked them after watching Night Gallery when I was a little kid...ever see the doll with the teeth that came to life? Yikes!

coka

LOL. I used to watch all those shows. Night Gallery, One Step Beyiond, Chiller Theatre, Outer Limits and of course, Twilight Zone. Dolls that come to life are creepy. Every gome to the Shelburne Museum? They have a whole doll exhiit and I wanted out of there real fast. I kept telling my DH that they come to life at night!

I have been on the Ghost Tour in KW and heard about Robert!

Creeeeepy!:eek:

LOL. I used to watch all those shows. Night Gallery, One Step Beyiond, Chiller Theatre, Outer Limits and of course, Twilight Zone. Dolls that come to life are creepy. Every gome to the Shelburne Museum? They have a whole doll exhiit and I wanted out of there real fast. I kept telling my DH that they come to life at night!

I have been on the Ghost Tour in KW and heard about Robert!

Creeeeepy!:eek:

or at least the house he used to live in until they moved him to the museum.

While his doll figure might be at the museum, I think his spirit is still in the house, which is now a B&B called the Artists House.

We stayed there last June and the first night we were there I got up to go to the bathroom around 5:30 a.m. (it was still dark). As I was making my way back from the bathroom, I suddenly felt a push in my back and I went flying back into the bed...

That was the only night any thing strange happened, although you do get to hear Robert's story twice a night as the ghost tour comes by...

or at least the house he used to live in until they moved him to the museum.

While his doll figure might be at the museum, I think his spirit is still in the house, which is now a B&B called the Artists House.

We stayed there last June and the first night we were there I got up to go to the bathroom around 5:30 a.m. (it was still dark). As I was making my way back from the bathroom, I suddenly felt a push in my back and I went flying back into the bed...

That was the only night any thing strange happened, although you do get to hear Robert's story twice a night as the ghost tour comes by...

That's cool ( if you like that kind of stuff!) as long as no one gets hurt. What did you do? Shake it off our run out into the street! (LOL)

I thought the tour and stories were great. (as we all yelled "You're doomed" if someone drove by and made fun of the tour or tour guide who was dresses in a goulish getup. )

The museum I wrote about is in Vermont. It's part of a larger museum in Shelburne, VT. It had hundreds of dolls and lots of the old ones whose eyes seemed to follow you as you walked by. I could feel the hair on the back of my neck stand up!

Edited by LOWTYD

My husband and I sailed on the Dawn November 2008, although we did not experience anything, I did get a bad feeling in the restroom just outside the theater. We were in Dazzles for Karoake and I went to the ladies room and just got a feeling that I never felt before so I hurried up and got the heck out of there.

This is a story that I have never really shared before. First, I'm a true skeptic, or rather I used to be. I've heard people tell these sort of stories my entire life and I just listen. Yes, I'm fascinated but not really a believer. I guess I'm just too practical in my thinking and can always come up with a "reason" for these visions.

Well, I didn't have a vision, but something occurred, with 6 other people in the room (as witnesses) that has made me truly believe that there are definitely ways that those who have passed can communicate if they desire to do so.

My mom was a very practical person. When discussions ever came up about funerals, she would always say how ridiculous it was for people to spend a fortune on a funeral. She could understand why the families wanted it to be nice, but not extravagant. In particular, when friends or family members passed away and spent a lot of money on a casket, she would always say how better spent the money would be if given to other living family members instead of spending it on something that would be put in the ground never to be seen again.

My mom passed away very suddenly leaving all of us in shock 2 years ago. When we went to make arrangements, my 3 brothers, myself and my dad were sitting in the room where they have 1/2 sizes of caskets for you to look at when choosing. They are samples of course (not full size) and are placed around the walls. Each has a large, bright, spotlight above it so you can see the casket well. When it came time to choose the casket, my dad told us kids to just look at them and pick the one we liked best. So my brothers and I were looking at all of them and narrowed it down to two. One nice one that was just a basic, bronze colored casket and one that was more intricate with delicate flowers etched into it etc. We kept going back to the flower one as it was just so beautiful. Of course the one with the flowers was twice as expensive as the other one. We were trying to decide and the director told us that we could think it over, discuss it and get back to him later in the day as to which one we wanted. So we sat back down at the table in the front of the room to finish the arrangements and not 3 minutes later, we heard a loud "pop" sound...like a small explosion, and a flash of light. It had come from the back of the room. The director even said "what the hell was that?" and all of us got up to go see what had happened. When we walked into the back of the room, it was immediately obvious that the light over the cheaper casket that we had been considering had blown. It hadn't just went out like most light bulbs do, it had exploded for some reason. The director was totally baffled as to why this had happened. There was no one else in that room and no explanation whatsoever for why that bulb had exploded. My brothes and I stood there staring at one another not believing what had happened. The director hadn't been in the room when we were looking at the caskets so he didn't know why all of us were acting as if we'd seen a ghost when it was just a broken light bulb. When we explained, he simply said "well that makes your decision for you doesn't it...your mom has told you which casket she wants".

To this day I truly believe that my mom was communicating to all of us which casket to pick...and it wasn't the expensive one! :) And of course, she got her wish. None of us would ever go against what mom said! LOL

CG

I was already fascinated with Kevin's story...but this is down right crazy over the top amazing!!!!! Im a little freaked out actually!!

• 2 weeks later...
I will be on the Dawn 3/26/10 for a 9 nighter. I think it would be really cool to see something or someone. I love all these stories so keep us updated on anymore sightings! I am going to call and see if her cabin is still available!:eek:

I knew it would be a matter of time before someone requested that cabin. The cabin that I spoke of in the very first message on this thread definately had some activity. Keep us updated :)

Just got back from a trip on the Dawn. Both my wife and I are very open and have experienced some strange things. Unfortunately, nothing fun to report. We kept waiting.

Unless it really wasn't the cabin steward making those towel animals... :D

I knew it would be a matter of time before someone requested that cabin. The cabin that I spoke of in the very first message on this thread definately had some activity. Keep us updated :)

Unfortunately, if you were talking about cabin 9560 it has been booked already. But I did check availability to see if we could switch cabins, but no such luck. If I happen to have the wrong cabin number then please let me know.

Thanks Kevin!

Unfortunately, if you were talking about cabin 9560 it has been booked already. But I did check availability to see if we could switch cabins, but no such luck. If I happen to have the wrong cabin number then please let me know.

Thanks Kevin!

My sister-in-law and her boyfriend was in Cabin 10628. That is the cabin where the ghost was sitting on his bed in the middle of the night, then got up and smiled at him. Then floated to the closets by the bathroom and disappeared. Try to get that cabin. Real activity in that one.

:o

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Sorry to bring an old thread back to life but was wondering if there have been any recent sightings or strange occurances on the Dawn.

We saw the other story posted here not long ago. We were on ten starboard and asked our room steward if he ever heard about such things, especially about the rooms mentioned on 9. He said he hadn't and one of his four roommates was the steward for many of those rooms (including the port OS) and had never mentioned any such strange things.

The only creepy thing we saw on 9 was the artwork - check it out.