sports coats on the PG

ultrarunner

Not uncommon, not rare. How's that for evasion? It's fine to wear one if you wish, if that's what you're asking. You won't feel overdressed.

Just don't pack plaid. Or green. Trust me.

The only reason reason to have a sport coat is if you think you might be cold from the A/C or if you want to dress a bit more for LaVeranda. It is certainly not necessary. I think I sometimes took a blazer that I could wear over a Tommy Bahama shirt if I was a little cold. Other times I wore a light-weight sweater and slacks.

We will be on the PG this November for the 4th time and you will not need it. Yes, there are a few men who for some reason insist on carrying suit jackets, sports suits and a few women who want to "over dress" for the evening. I think those who do stick out rather than "fitting in". It is too much weight for us.

We too have carried the sports coat for earlier sailings. But not last year and not this year.

I find the restaurants cold but my DH doesnt. I think all the iced water I drink makes me feel cold and the reverse is true with the wine he drinks!!

I just got off the PG on Tuesday and was surprised by the number of men wearing sports jackets, especially for the Captain's welcome reception and then to dinner. But it certainly was not a necessity!!!

On a different note, I was disappointed to see some men in shorts being allowed into the restaurants and bars after 6P.

Archived