? About Aqua Class and Blu Restaurant

katiebeth

Hi to All,

I have a question concerning the Aqua Class staterooms and rather you are required to eat in the Blu dining room. We are booked on the Eclipse next June and my immediate family of 4 and my parents will be traveling with us. We booked my parents in an Aqua class cabin mainly because of the location and its proximity to our stateroom. However, we were hoping that we can all dine together in the main dining room. As I war re-reading the amenities of the Aqua class staterooms in looks like the guests have assigned dining times in Blu. I am now wondering if we will all be able to dine together?

The CC class would be just great for them as well, but the location of those staterooms are farther from our suite. If Celebrity requires them to eat and Blu and will not assign us a table with them in the main dining room, we will definitely need to change.

We enjoy the main dining room and would enjoy dining in Blu a few nights of the cruise, but not every night.

If anyone has any information please let us know.

Thanks,

Nancy

I don't think that you will be 'assigned' a table unless you are in an AquaClass cabin. If you are in a suite, though, you can dine there on a space available basis and for a modest fee ($5, I believe). I've also read here that non-suite guests have been accomodated in Blu. You would certainly want to give the Blu maitre d' as much notice as possible so tables can be arranged to allow you to sit w/ your family.

Blu is beautiful, hope you enjoy it!

Who opt for Select Dining--rather than Traditional Dining with a fixed seating--are reassigned from Blu to the Main Dining Room... And there's nothing that says that Select Diners can't schedule a seating time--including one that corresponds to a Traditional Dining early or late seating--for each night of the cruise... And then, I'd coordinate table arrangmenets with the Maitre D' in the MDR...

But I also think that there's probably an easier way to get the issue settled in advance... I'd contact Celebrity--Captain's Club if you're a member--and ask for their assistance in linking your reservations for a common table at a common dining time in the Main Dining Room. They are always quite accommodating...

If the rest of your party is not in AquaClass or in a suite, I would not necessarily count on your ability to all dine in Blu... There are reports on this Board of some who claim to have been successful in doing so but, if exceptions are made, I suspect that they're very much contingent upon availability... During my recent Equinox sailing, Blu was wildly popular and I'm unaware of any breaks in policy... In fact, AquaClass passengers who choose Select Dining must make a reservation--also subject to availability--to return to Blu [at one of the two traditional seating times]...

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I will contact my TA and have her contact Celebrity to see if our dining arrangements are tied together. Hopefully, we can get an assigned table together in the Main Dining Room and then maybe on a space available basis be able to dine a night or two in Blu.

Thanks so much. We are looking forward to our cruise on the Eclipse.

Nancy

I requested seating for 2 in Blu. Other posts would indicate that this is generally honored. Blu diners, what were your experiences? This is noted on our res. (through Celebrity).

How did you request a table for two? I booked our next cruise through Celebrity's web site (AQ Class) and did not see any place to make a request for a specific table size (small or big).

I requested seating for 2 in Blu. Other posts would indicate that this is generally honored. Blu diners, what were your experiences? This is noted on our res. (through Celebrity).

A lot of tables for two in the Blu on the Solstice, but they are very close together.

Archived