Is it worth it???

wrf2e

Ok a litlle background. I am doind a B2B on Ealtion starting Oct. 22. I had originaly booked a 1A on R deck for both sailings which is fine because I am going solo. I found a great deal on an upgrade to an Aft Ocean View on Upper Deck for the second leg, so I decided to do that even though it would mean I will have to change cabins mid-cruise (worth it because it is Aft).

Well, I got a call this morning (actually 3 calls about 3 mins apart) and it was from Guest Access Services saying that they needed that cabin for a handicapped passenger and the only cabin left is E67 (first cabin next to the atrium lobby so I'm sure it is a very high traffic area and pretty loud. I have no problem giving up my cabin to someone who needs it but I was never told that this was a handicap cabin. In fact, the lady I talked to when I upgraded offered me another cabin that was handicap but I told her no because I don't want to have to give it up if someone needs it so she put me in a different room.

Had I known that the different room was also handicap I would have asked for another room (I know there were some open because I still have the printout of the deck plan showing the available rooms).

My question is this. Is it worth it to try to get something in return for there mixup. Now I have to change cabins mid-cruise to a cabin I never would have chose.

PS

I love CCL and don't believe this reflects on them I just think the agent making my upgrade changes made an oversight. I work in Customer Service so I know how easy something like that can be to do. Just wondering if I should try to get some kind of compensation or if I should just smile and enjoy my cruise (which I will do anyway). :)

You can talk to whomever you booked with, and maybe they can get a better upgrade, but your chances of getting $$$ is slim and none as its the fault of the booking agent if they did not advise you that the cabin was HC. If there are no other cabins in your category, then thats a different situation.

Im doing the same thing, I have a 1A and a 6D aft facing cabin and will change cabins. Iv changed cabins both other B2Bs, its a little bit of a pain to pack up, but I know they arent going to pay you for the inconvenience because someone didnt advise you it was a HC cabin.

You might ask for a better upgrade, if the new cabin isnt a good as the 6D location, but if its HC I dont think you have a leg to stand on keeping it or getting $$.

PS I can see how you would be dissapointed. Im kinda interested in seeing the view from the 6D and would be upset to find out they took it away from me ... kinda sucks, but I cant see Carnival doing much, but the booking agent owes you an explanation ... did you book direct or with a TA? Id be upset.

How much extra is a BL guarantee?? Thats all I can suggest ... I have the same thing booked you did too. 1A in port holes with twin and convertible sofa and the 6D aft facing.

If they need the handicap room for someone with a handicap, then I think it is obvious that you should give up the room..I think you did that. I have done B2B and found it more interesting for the 2nd leg to have changed rooms.....BUT .....all of that aside I would try to get some perk from them. Not to be too opportunistic about it...but for once they need something from you, not vice versa....they give perks to the most undeserving at times.....why not the deserving in this case.Don;t forget they are getting another booking out of it.

Bob

Thanks for the input. As far as getting an explenation from the booking agent goes, I booked with a PVP but upgraded using the standard 800 number because it was a weekend and I didn't want the deal to be gone come Monday. I'm going to give them another call and see what I come up with and let you guys know.

They wanted your handicapped room for someone else.......then they offered you another handicapped cabin? That makes no sense....... I would have told them to give them the one they want to move you to........

Nevermind I mis read your post..........

Let us know ... Im always interested in things like this.

Sounds like the 800 # rep working on Sunday probably wasnt as knowledgeable as he should have been.

Ok so after 32 minutes on the phone (most of that on hold) the supervisor decided no compensation for me and the only thing they could offer was the E67 (bad location) or a downgrade to a 6B cabin on R deck so I took that and will do what I always do on a cruise....HAVE FUN AND RELAX....and not give this raw deal another thought. :)

Ok so after 32 minutes on the phone (most of that on hold) the supervisor decided no compensation for me and the only thing they could offer was the E67 (bad location) or a downgrade to a 6B cabin on R deck so I took that and will do what I always do on a cruise....HAVE FUN AND RELAX....and not give this raw deal another thought. :)

It doesnt help getting upset. I knew Carnival wouldnt give you anything, been there done that. But I can see you would be dissapointed ... too bad you had to accept a downgrade...and no compensation. Its too bad they didnt advise you it was a HC cabin. Someone goofed!!!

I wanted a certain cabin and posted it ... and someone saw my post so they rushed to book it first ... live and learn, but I was dissapointed the whole rest of the day. Ill get it another time Im telling myself. Its happens.

Ok....Now my booking on carnival.com says room is TBA and my cabin type is GUAR. I'm going to hope that this will change after I give them some time to process the room change.

On a side not my cruise amount went down from 193.50 to 149.00 but an admin fee of 44.50 was added bringing the total to what I had originally paid (just seams odd)!!

Ok....Now my booking on carnival.com says room is TBA and my cabin type is GUAR. I'm going to hope that this will change after I give them some time to process the room change.

On a side not my cruise amount went down from 193.50 to 149.00 but an admin fee of 44.50 was added bringing the total to what I had originally paid (just seams odd)!!

None of this sounds right. Personally, I'd call during weekday business hours, insist on a Supervisor, briefly explain the saga and resolve (1) why they've apparently assigned you a Guarantee Booking (in which case your Rate probably should decrease, if you keep it) and (2) why, in view of the HC confusion, they can't get you an equivalent (or slightly better) cabin.

In particular, I'd want to resolve the Guarantee situation.

Keep us posted!

ken

Ok...talked to them again and was told that the change had taken affect in the main system but not in the cruise docs portion so that is why I am seeing TBA and that will be updated later. I did recieve a new e-mail with the "correct" cabin info.

As far as upgrades go I had the highest oceanview available (6E) and the only other 6E was right at the lobby so that is why I was downgraded to a 6B.

Again, although i don't think it's right that I be bumped due to their oversight I'm just glad to be cruising (after all I did get a very very good deal to begin with). I did play the card that they messed up and now they are getting another booking by switching me around to no avail. I really guess i don't have any ground to stand on because it does mention in the contract that they have the right to do that (has to be a comperable cabin, which technically they did offer one on the same cat.).

Only 5 more days and I'll be cruising so it is what it is and I'm going on vacation!!!

The admin fee is actually probably an onboard credit. That is where they post ES credits. It looks weird but that is where they put it. (Mine shows $120 for our cruise in 9 days on the Paradise. So, you should have some OBC when you get on.

I hope that helps.

The admin fee is actually probably an onboard credit. That is where they post ES credits. It looks weird but that is where they put it. (Mine shows $120 for our cruise in 9 days on the Paradise. So, you should have some OBC when you get on.

I hope that helps.

That would be great!! Maybe they changed their mind about giving me no compensation? Even if it isn't OBC I'll be fine with that.:)

You shouldn't have to pay an administrative fee to go down from a 6E to a 6B for accommodating Carnival. If this isn't an OBC, I would protest--but, be nice. You certainly seem to have the right attitude.

Ask why you should have to pay for Carnival's mistake in assigning a HC originally and then accommodating them so they could book another cabin. If the 1st supervisor won't provide some accommodation, ask for their supervisor. Keep going up the ladder until you get something.

Remember what Leo Durocher said, "Nice guys finish last.

I think you've got the right attitude. You made the switch to the best available under the situation, and while it is disappointing, your attitude of taking a vacation and having a grand time will go a long way toward your having fun!

I do hope you get OBC for the price difference for the downgrade from the 6E to the 6B. Seems like that would be the fair thing for Carnival to do, but for the small amount you paid for the cruise it's not worth fighting WW III. Sit back, relax, and enjoy! You're cruising!! ;)

It doesnt help getting upset. I knew Carnival wouldnt give you anything, been there done that. But I can see you would be dissapointed ... too bad you had to accept a downgrade...and no compensation. Its too bad they didnt advise you it was a HC cabin. Someone goofed!!!

I wanted a certain cabin and posted it ... and someone saw my post so they rushed to book it first ... live and learn, but I was dissapointed the whole rest of the day. Ill get it another time Im telling myself. Its happens.

:shaking head: that is so low! Sorry you lost out on the cabin you wanted. I feel like we all learn & gain so much from this board & all the helpful people on it. Shame on whoever saw your post and grabbed the cabin out from underneath you.

Let me tell you what happened to me. Last year when I sailed on the Pride I had been assigned a handicapped room because I am handicapped. Well I got a call a couple days before sailing and they told me that they were going to have to move me because my room was going to be needed by someone in a wheelchair and she explained that wheelchairs come before walkers. I said OK, well she put me in a cabin 2 doors down from my original cabin and guess what, the young couple that got the room were not handicapped at all, they just wanted a bigger room for the same amount of money. I was furious, I went to the pursers desk, explained what happened and he said that there was nothing they could do because the couple were already using the room. He called up there to verify over the phone if someone in the room was using a wheelchair and the couple said "Yes", so I said to him, let's go up there and make sure there is someone in there using a wheelchair, so he did. Well that young couple was surprised when he knocked on the door and asked to see the person in the wheelchair (since the cabin can only hold two people), well they had to admit that they lied and just wanted a larger room. The purser gave me back half of my fare and put them on a list that they can never get a handicapped room again. He thanked me for bringing it to his attention. At least the couple never saw me, he had me wait by my room, because he did not want them to do something to me for turning them in.

I only hope this did not happen to you, because everyone that I talk to that is handicapped book their cruises almost a year in advance, just to make sure they get a handicapped room because, they are usually the first to be sold out.

Let me tell you what happened to me. Last year when I sailed on the Pride I had been assigned a handicapped room because I am handicapped. Well I got a call a couple days before sailing and they told me that they were going to have to move me because my room was going to be needed by someone in a wheelchair and she explained that wheelchairs come before walkers. I said OK, well she put me in a cabin 2 doors down from my original cabin and guess what, the young couple that got the room were not handicapped at all, they just wanted a bigger room for the same amount of money. I was furious, I went to the pursers desk, explained what happened and he said that there was nothing they could do because the couple were already using the room. He called up there to verify over the phone if someone in the room was using a wheelchair and the couple said "Yes", so I said to him, let's go up there and make sure there is someone in there using a wheelchair, so he did. Well that young couple was surprised when he knocked on the door and asked to see the person in the wheelchair (since the cabin can only hold two people), well they had to admit that they lied and just wanted a larger room. The purser gave me back half of my fare and put them on a list that they can never get a handicapped room again. He thanked me for bringing it to his attention. At least the couple never saw me, he had me wait by my room, because he did not want them to do something to me for turning them in.

I only hope this did not happen to you, because everyone that I talk to that is handicapped book their cruises almost a year in advance, just to make sure they get a handicapped room because, they are usually the first to be sold out.

That is just rotten. I can't believe that people would lie like that. Good for you for going the extra mile to prove it. They needed to be called out like that.

All I can say is WOW!! It really shows what type of world we live in now-a-days. It just seams like everyone wants something they aren't entitled to all because someone else has it.

As far as Firefly losing a cabin after posting on here that they wanted it...double WOW! Maybe I'm a little more polite than most but I wouldn't have given that room a thought knowing someone from CC planned on booking it.

All I can say is WOW!! It really shows what type of world we live in now-a-days. It just seams like everyone wants something they aren't entitled to all because someone else has it.

As far as Firefly losing a cabin after posting on here that they wanted it...double WOW! Maybe I'm a little more polite than most but I wouldn't have given that room a thought knowing someone from CC planned on booking it.

I agree it's sickening to say the least (and fire btw what was that cabin# that made it so special? just curious....seriously I've already booked.)

That would be great!! Maybe they changed their mind about giving me no compensation? Even if it isn't OBC I'll be fine with that.:)

Sorry to burst your bubble, but if it is OBC, they didn't give it to you. It is the difference in what you were charged previously for the 6E and the rate of the 6B. Sounds like rather than giving you a refund for that amount, they may be applying it as OBC.

The rooms by the Atrium on Elation are not bad...we were in E64 (I think) last year and I too, was worried about the noise level.

As it turns out it was a GREAT room and when the door was closed there was no more noise than any other stateroom we've had. Didn't bother us in the least and it turned out to be a lovely, central location for us. Liked being so close to the Atrium.

Gotta say I was pleasantly surprised by that room and glad we booked it. :D

So, if you do end up in E67, it shouldn't be as bad as you think it will be.

Good luck and enjoy your BTB!

I was in E123, which is down by the elevator, but in back of the art part in back of the atrium, so we were by the atrium a lot. The cabins are quiet in that area, they face the other way and sound doesnt come thru. In fact there is a door to the atrium that they locked when it was time for debarkation and we had to get our suitcases around to the aft and across to get off the ship.

Archived