X lover goes on very first Royal Caribbean cruise

usha

Hello usha!

I really think we kind of live a parallel life when it comes to cruising! We both just got off a short RCCL cruise last week; then the whole moving back and forth between Celebrity and Holland America.

Odds are we will end up on the same ship some day!:)

Great review, and I agree about the formal night thing; boy did I feel alone in my Tux on the Radiance last week. The Radiance really did have much better food than our previous five RCCL cruises; we were impressed. I'm not sure I would rush off to cruise a Vision or Voyager class ship, but the Radiance class ships are beautiful -- similar to the Millennium class ships of Celebrity (actually the same 91,000 ton hull).

Talk to you soon!

Kel:)

That's one of the great things about cruising - having access to many ships and cruise lines. By the way - on Freedom class ships there is a separate pool for small children in diapers (swimmers). We took our granddaughters on Freedom last January and found that the special wading pool was carefully guarded not only to see that the small children didn't move into the other pool areas but to make sure that older children would not jump into the restricted area and then jump back into the other pools. Freedom Class ships are great for family cruises but for adult cruising I would pick another ship. Just thinking about life on HAL ships on the other hand makes me yawn . . . .

I agree with some of the other posters: try a longer cruise on Royal Caribbean and give the Radiance class ships (Brilliance, Serenade, Jewel, Radiance) a try.

Have you thought about Celebrity Solstice? Our favorite ship thus far. Can't wait to sail her or the Equinox again!

No it wasn't a review it was on these boards and it has been a while ago! It just seems that some will do anything to get things stirred up thats all! I just find it hard to believe as thoroughly as they clean those rooms that kind of stuff would have been found there, thats just weird to me.

We have found the lasts guests complete selection of prescription drugs, that were left behind in the bathroom cabinet. They were some very heavy-duty heart meds and I was really worried about the person on their travels home. I hope he made it.

We took them to the Guest Relations desk, but they said that they would just be destroyed.

I agree with some of the other posters: try a longer cruise on Royal Caribbean and give the Radiance class ships (Brilliance, Serenade, Jewel, Radiance) a try.

Have you thought about Celebrity Solstice? Our favorite ship thus far. Can't wait to sail her or the Equinox again!

I agree Conanc -- the best ship I've cruised (35 cruises) was the Solstice!

Enjoy!

Just thinking about life on HAL ships on the other hand makes me yawn . . . .

The only reason we were yawning on the HAL Noordam was because the ship went to some fabulous places in the Mediterranean and we were pooped by all the touring. So after stuffing ourselves with the wonderful cuisine at late dinner, we were off to bed. Best cruise yet! :)

We have found the lasts guests complete selection of prescription drugs, that were left behind in the bathroom cabinet. They were some very heavy-duty heart meds and I was really worried about the person on their travels home. I hope he made it.

We took them to the Guest Relations desk, but they said that they would just be destroyed.

Yikes! I sure hope they were OK. Imagine the amount of money thrown away. :eek:

Quick question and one I know I have read somewhere before. With this cuise coming up it will change us to Platinum (5 RCCL & 1 Carnival).

If we decide to go on Celebrity will we have the Platinum status there? Thanks, Jan

You would be at the Select level, Celebrity's equivalent to Platinum on RCCL.

Nice review. Thanks

Hey klingon,

Nice to hear from you! We have great memories of that 2005 Holiday cruise on the Galaxy. Hope you, lizalex, da boo and qtmouser are doing well.

We never mentioned it, but you look just like Lauren's father. Maybe I can attach a photo?

Enjoy!

Kelly

Hello usha!

I really think we kind of live a parallel life when it comes to cruising! We both just got off a short RCCL cruise last week; then the whole moving back and forth between Celebrity and Holland America.

Odds are we will end up on the same ship some day!:)

Wow, it would be great to someday meet you & Lauren on a cruise!:)

Sooner or later, it's bound to happen.:cool:

• 4 months later...

Archived