Princess Formal Night Dress Code

zackdog

This is either difficult to believe or extremely rare event as the Maitre 'd is just not that concerned about the formal wear of passengers.

Either way simply saying "the suit is in the lost luggage" will make any Maitre 'd help you with your traveling problems. Princess has let people in t-shirts and shorts in the MDR on formal night when they have lost luggage.

Any Maitre 'd is interested in running his dining room a smoothly as possible pleasing everyone in the process and if that means not infuriating a few people for not dressing in formal clothes for whatever the reason he will look the other way.

If that takes loosing my luggage occasionally, then so be it. I get to dine leisurely, he gets no bad reports to explain and everyone is happy.

This is either difficult to believe or extremely rare event as the Maitre 'd is just not that concerned about the formal wear of passengers.

Either way simply saying "the suit is in the lost luggage" will make any Maitre 'd help you with your traveling problems. Princess has let people in t-shirts and shorts in the MDR on formal night when they have lost luggage.

Urban legend !!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

We are travelling on Sapphire Princess in March 2010 after a several years away travelling on other cruise lines, notably Cunard where formal dress is quite strictly observed.

When we last cruised Princess formal nights were still observed but suspect that there will have been some loosening in recent years.

So can anyone help us with current dress requirements for formal nights, how many on a 7 night cruise and what dress is considered on other nights.

The vast majority of people adhere to the dress code Princess provides, and the only "loosening" I have observed is a larger percentage of men wearing suits rather than Tuxedos.

There was a poll several months back - try doing a search for "what do men really wear...".

For ladies wear, just check out kooljamming's pictures in her posts. She is right in style for the Formal evenings (of which there are two on a 7 day cruise).

You may of course believe it or not as you choose. It certainly surprised my son, who now realizes that I wasn't just blowing hot air when I told him to dress appropriately for dinner.:D

You may of course believe it or not as you choose. It certainly surprised my son, who now realizes that I wasn't just blowing hot air when I told him to dress appropriately for dinner.:D

Well it sounds as though you've got at least one person in your family convinced of the posted rules. I'm not to sure about all the rest of them. :rolleyes:

On our first cruise, I took two long gowns to wear on formal nights. With weight restrictions etc. am I correct in understanding that I can wear cocktail type dresses and/or silky pants/tops? My husband will wear his tux - he doesn't mind and I love it! I would really prefer to keep us to a garment bag, suitcase and carry-on if I can.

On the CB in July cocktail dresses far outnumbered gowns. What you would wear as a wedding guest seemed to be what was appropriate. Most gowns I would assess as being 'mother of the bride' dresses having another wearing.

Great until he checks his Pax without luggage list and the Captain boots you from the ship for departing from the truth. :eek:

Great until he checks his Pax without luggage list and the Captain boots you from the ship for departing from the truth. :eek:

The "lost luggage" could have been misplaced along the way by any transport. Bus, private plane reservations, left in the trunk of your car at the terminal, or forgotten in a friends car who brought you to the ship.

It's doubtful the Princess will rundown your suitcase if they didn't personally handle it.

I do hope you are kidding. Do you really think the Captain is going to kick you off the ship if you lied. Oh please you have got to be kidding. What about the teenagers that are not 18 or 21 and lie about their age so that they can be served alcohol.

They could care a less if you really lost your luggage nor do they care to make a scene just because your not wearing a coat and tie which is totally unnecessary.

A nice pair of slacks with a long sleeve shirt or either short sleeve is good enough to get you into the MDR on formal night.

They do not want to cause a scene, trust me on that one.:mad::mad::mad:

The "lost luggage" could have been misplaced along the way by any transport. Bus, private plane reservations, left in the trunk of your car at the terminal, or forgotten in a friends car who brought you to the ship.

It's doubtful the Princess will rundown your suitcase if they didn't personally handle it.

LMAO, you said it was lost but never really mentioned where;)

The simple mind will always assume the obvious:eek:

Urban legend !!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have eaten with a family of four in the MDR on formal night with the family wearing t-shirts and shorts. Wonderful people that did not let this little problem ruin their cruise or their dinner. Princess went out of their way to make sure these people felt welcome and had a terrific dinner and cruise.

Archived