shaving razors on flight?

witneys7

So, not only are we first time cruisers we are also non-flying travelers. We haven't flown since 1998-So my question is about shaving razors. We are planning on traveling light and packing only carryons. I'm correct in my thinking that they won't let my husband's Mach 3 razor on, right? Do cruise ships sale disposable razors? Are they like $15 for one :)? Thanks for any info. Don't want to go all week being all hairy, he hee:)

Thanks for link! I really didn't think they were allowed. It seemed to me that my brother once told me they took his brand new razor from him along with his fingernail clippers. But I guess I'm wrong since you can apparently take 4 inch pointed scissors on the plane but no more than 3 oz of hand lotion, lol. That's the government for ya I suppose:) I'm glad though to know I don't have to worry about tracking down a razor. Thanks again!

Thanks for link! I really didn't think they were allowed. It seemed to me that my brother once told me they took his brand new razor from him along with his fingernail clippers. But I guess I'm wrong since you can apparently take 4 inch pointed scissors on the plane but no more than 3 oz of hand lotion, lol. That's the government for ya I suppose:) I'm glad though to know I don't have to worry about tracking down a razor. Thanks again!

They do make changes from time to time and fingernail clippers at one time were a no-no along with no scissors. The link is obviously updated and ready for you to go.

I thought I couldn't bring a razor on my first 3-day, pack-light cruise ... imagine my surprise when the ship didn't have any disposables ... just a $50 generic electric razor. With the first stop at a private island and drug stores opening late in Nassau on Sunday, I decided to go fuzzy man. :) I've carried on my Gillette Fusion razor since then. :)

No problem with razors, but DH has accidently packed a standard size shave cream in his carryon and had it confiscated.

If you are planning to use only carryon luggage, be careful to keep all liquids under 3 oz and in one quart size zip bag per person for TSA inspection.

Darcy

Archived