Refund of port fees if you stay onboard?

wldflr

So last week I was talking with a friend who cruises once a year and she claimed that if you stayed on the ship and didn't get off at a port, you would get refunded the $ fee for that port.

Now I know that if the ship is diverted from a port due to bad weather, swine-flu, etc, that yes, you would receive $ back and it's happened to me.

But getting money for staying on-board? This was a new one...and I said "no way."

So who wins the bet... me or my friend?

I can't even imagine how these stories get started :rolleyes: as evidently some people believe anything. I hope you bet a lot on the issue.......

not to get off point if the refund the port fees how about the sherry fees?

Speaking of port and sherry, what ever happened to that bottle of good port you said you were going to bring onto the Norwegian Majesty a couple of weeks ago?

As I recall, you promised I would be invited to share a little taste...:mad: :D

Speaking of port and sherry, what ever happened to that bottle of good port you said you were going to bring onto the Norwegian Majesty a couple of weeks ago?

As I recall, you promised I would be invited to share a little taste...:mad: :D

I opened it and the cork broke. I drank one glass and it was terrible....I would have happily shared it if it was good but it was not....ask my wife. I left it in the room when we left.

I opened it and the cork broke. I drank one glass and it was terrible....I would have happily shared it if it was good but it was not....ask my wife. I left it in the room when we left.

What a bunch of cruise mates I had!

You bring a bad bottle of port, Colette doesn't use the free laundry bag she won...:confused:

That's the last time I'll take a cruise from Philadelphia! ;)

Who wouldn't want to get off in port? After all, it is a pleasure cruise!:)

It happens. A few months ago, I took advantage of a great deal on a 4 night Enchantment of the Seas cruise. The first stop was my home town of Key West. DW and I took advantage of the nearly empty ship and hung out in the Solarium pool all day.

As for the original question, yea right! The ship still has to pay the charge whether or not you get off, so no, you will not be refunded. As well stated already, you win.

BTW, I work in the maritime industry and my office is at the port of Key West, so feel free to consider me an expert. ;)

Archived