Which RC ship to choose with a 14, 9 and 7 year old????

With kids those ages I would stick with Freedom as a first choice and Voyager as a second choice. They all have the rock wall, miniature golf, pools, kids clubs, etc. The Freedom also has the H2O zone and flowrider. They won't be bored regardless of which you choose. My youngest is now 14 and his favorite ship so far is Freedom class.

Carnival ships have the slides, not Royal Caribbean. As others have said, Freedom class has so much to offer for kids. You didn't say when you were looking to cruise. Another consideration will be Oasis after the beginning of December. It will have all the things the Freedom class has plus a carousel and even a zipline. I'm sure the kids would love those too.

Thanks for the quick feedback everybody!! We are looking so sail during spring break which is the end of March. I was leaning towards NCL but now I am torn!!! DCL is offering a promotion where kids sail free and now that is also back on the table. We can get two balcony rooms on RC or NCL for the price of 1 room on DCL. I can't decide!!!!

Carnival ships have the slides, not Royal Caribbean.

No true! I know that the Voyager and the Adventure both have slides in the kids area at the bow of the ship.

To the OP, I was going to suggest Disney, but your title thread said RCCL ships. :) Since you mentioned it as an option, I'd go with Disney. During our first Disney cruise, our daughter was 16, and our son was 14. Both thoroughly enjoyed the cruise. Not cheesy at all! During spring break, a Disney cruise would be my pick because they really do cater to the kids and put safely first. There is also plenty for the adults to do, except gamble. Plus, their staterooms are really nice! Go for the Family size balcony, or get two Insides as they are really nice.

If you decide against Disney, choose either a Voyager class or Freedom class RCCL ship over NCL.

Will this be your first cruise?

Carnival ships have the slides, not Royal Caribbean.

As someone else mentioned, there are some RCCL ships with slides. And don't forget about Oasis, they will have slides too. :D More for the 7 year old crowd than for the teen crowd though.

To the OP - you can get TWO balcony cabins on RCCL for the price of ONE Disney? No brainer there...lol. Been on both Disney ships and there is no way I would trade 2 balconies on a RCCL ship for one cabin on Disney. REALLY not worth it.

Especially if those balconies are on a Freedom class. :eek:

As someone who as cruised many times with my kids, I would do at least a Voyager class with Royal Caribbean. We have done two Voyager class cruises and will be taking our second Freedom class cruise soon. There is so much for the kids to do on board you may have to beg them to spend time with you.

Stick with Freedom class, or even the new Oasis class ships. They have the best activities for kids, lots of other families cruise on these ships, and the kids and teen clubs will be very active. The Voyager ships are also good for kids/teens, but don't have the flowriders.

I would avoid the Radiance class and Vision class ships. They are small, have fewer activities, and usually don't have a lot of other families aboard.

Will this be your first cruise?

No, not our first cruise. We did a Disney Magic a few years back and the kids did LOVE it. We had a balcony room and after that don't think I can ever go back to an inside stateroom again. We are considering Disney again but we can get two connecting rooms both with balconies for cheaper than 1 room on DCL. Thats where I am torn.... do we just do Disney b/c we know the kid will have a great time or try RC and see if they like it just as much (with 2 rooms)!!!!..... decisions, decisions.

Thanks everybody!!!!

No, not our first cruise. We did a Disney Magic a few years back and the kids did LOVE it. We had a balcony room and after that don't think I can ever go back to an inside stateroom again. We are considering Disney again but we can get two connecting rooms both with balconies for cheaper than 1 room on DCL. Thats where I am torn.... do we just do Disney b/c we know the kid will have a great time or try RC and see if they like it just as much (with 2 rooms)!!!!..... decisions, decisions.

Thanks everybody!!!!

In that case, go with RCCL! Either the Voyager class ships or the Freedom class.

I would not do anything under the Voyager class with kids. We are going on the NOS in January. We shall see how that goes. We went on the FOS 18 months ago for a week. Stayed in two inside cabins, and it was fine. My kids had a blast. The flow rider, the H2O zone and ice skating was at the top of their list. They lived in the clubs. My oldest was 17 and met kids she still keeps in contact with over the internet. One lives in England. My twins were 12 and they had a ton of fun on the activities they had for them. We shall see what they think w/o the flow rider and H@O zone. Have a great time... :)

Which of RC has the best ship for a 14, 9 and 7 year old???? I heard any of the freedom ships are good but do any of the ships have more pools or better slides than the other or a bigger better kids club??? Any of anything special that the other just doesn't have???

Thanks!!

Any ship is great. I have a 5 year old and a 16 year old and they have been on Majesty, Raidence, Mariner. They loved them all. The adventure ocean is great for the youg ones and the teen agers find plenty to do on their own. I have no horror stories to tell about kids getting in trouble. I cant hardly get my 5 year old (5 cruises first when she was 4 months old) out of Adventure ocean. I know that Raidence of the seas has a slide and the brilliance does not.

I copied this right off of the cruise critic website for the 2009 awards, maybe it will help.

Cruise Styles

Best Family Cruise Line - Royal Caribbean International

Best for Adventure - Lindblad Expeditions

Best for Couples - Azamara Cruises

Best for First Timers - Carnival Cruise Lines

Best for Kids - Royal Caribbean International - (Freedom Class)

Best for Romance - Princess Cruises

Best for Sophisticated Singles - Cunard Line

Best for Teens - Royal Caribbean International - (Freedom Class)

Best Luxury Cruise Line - Crystal Cruises

Best River Cruise Line - Uniworld

Best Sailing Ship - Windstar Cruises

Archived