Equinox ending in Rome - Airport Question

lcumpire

I am on the Equinox Holy Land cruise in October 2010. The details state that we would dock in Rome at 4:00am. I was wondering from the other Equinox CC if I would be able to make a 11:00am flight out of Rome airport.

Thanx

lcumpire

I am on the Equinox Holy Land cruise in October 2010. The details state that we would dock in Rome at 4:00am. I was wondering from the other Equinox CC if I would be able to make a 11:00am flight out of Rome airport.

Thanx

lcumpire

No problem!

You can disembark early from 6 am.

Many passengers did so at our disembarkation on Oct 10th in Civitavecchia.

BTW we had a great cruise to Israel, Egypt, Greece, Turkey and Italy.

Celebrity will tell you that you shouldn't book a flight earlier than 10:00 AM out of Rome [we had the same 4:00 AM Civitavecchia arrival time]... In fact, they offer transfers to FCO for those taking flights leaving at 10:00 AM or later...

I lived on the edge and took a 9:50 flight with a private transfer from the port to the airport... I made it easily [with hours to spare despite a wicked rain storm; traffic was light as it was a Saturday] but I also recognize that there are things that could have--but didn't--go wrong...

I wouldn't personally have reservations about an 11:00 AM flight...

Don't know if the itinerary is the same [our sailing was fourteen nights] but it was, in my estimation, the trip of a lifetime... Enjoy!

It is a long drive to the airport. They tell you not to schedule a flight before ten, so I would guess 11 is okay. They had buses to take people there when we were on board. Rather pricey but you have little choice. A private car is expensive, too.

I do feel quite a bit more comfortable with a 11:20 flight. We took a Med cruise about 5 years ago and I remember how bad FCO airport is to catch a flight. This way I can fly directly from Washington Dulles to Rome - Yea.

Thanx again

lcumpire

It works if all goes well with clearing customs, getting your bags, meeting your transfer & no problems on the road.. we stayed an extra night nearby FCO to relieve stress- Our disembarkation was very smooth but sometimes i read that it is not so easy in Cv port..

met someone in the airport who had missed his flight the day before due to an accident on the road--he & his wife slept in the airport with their unchecked bags & paid $$$$ to re-book for the next day... what really upset him is that although they arrived too late to be allowed to check in & board, the flight itself was actually delayed for several hrs but rules prevented them from boarding....

hope all runs smoothly--I suspect it usually does..

It is a long drive to the airport. They tell you not to schedule a flight before ten, so I would guess 11 is okay. They had buses to take people there when we were on board. Rather pricey but you have little choice. A private car is expensive, too.

You can take the train from CIV to FCO for less money and taking you in 1,5 h directly into the FCO terminal.

Thanx

lcumpire

We were on the same cruise last month. We arranged for a transfer from the terminal to the airport. The only item I found interesting was that since we were on an american carrier (Continental) were were first dropped off at Terminal 5 for customs and check-in, then boarded a bus for a 2-3 minute ride back to the main terminal...not sure why but we made our flight with plenty of time to eat a snack and do a little shopping at the airport terminal.

Archived