Nice hotel in NYC for our honeymoon

autrucheplume

My fiancé and I are getting married in May, and taking an NCL cruise. We're flying in the night before, and are looking for a hotel for one night.

I have read several threads about hotels in NYC. However, most people are looking for an "economical" hotel. Don't get me wrong - we can't spend a fortune on a room, but we're willing to splurge a bit. Can anyone recommend a good hotel that will make us feel a little special? We can't spend more than $600ish (though we'd LOVE to spend less than that!) and want to be somewhere in the vicinity of the pier.

Specifically, does anyone have an opinion on any of the following hotels:

Westin

Warwick

Sheraton Hotel and Towers (on 7th Ave)

Waldorf Astoria

I'm open to any other suggestions too! Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

My fiancé and I are getting married in May, and taking an NCL cruise. We're flying in the night before, and are looking for a hotel for one night.

I have read several threads about hotels in NYC. However, most people are looking for an "economical" hotel. Don't get me wrong - we can't spend a fortune on a room, but we're willing to splurge a bit. Can anyone recommend a good hotel that will make us feel a little special? We can't spend more than $600ish (though we'd LOVE to spend less than that!) and want to be somewhere in the vicinity of the pier.

Westin

Warwick

Waldorf Astoria

I'm open to any other suggestions too! Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

The Westin is nice but meh for your honeymoon. Skip the Warwick and the Sheraton. The Waldorf Towers are very very nice and the Waldorf Astoria is one of my favorite hotels and I've always had great rooms but have heard some can be tired.

What time of year are you traveling? Peak season is from Labor Day until New Years Day and a moderate hotel room can run around $400 per night. By moderate I mean Best Western.

With your budget, I'd check out rooms at:

The Plaza

Plaza Athenee

St. Regis

Four Seasons

Hotel On Rivington (you have to see to believe the rooms)

Mandarin Oriental (call reservations and beg for a room in your price range)

The Pierre

Essex House

Ritz Carlton CPS

Boutique:

The Palace

London NYC

Benjamin

Morgans

Westin

Warwick

Waldorf Astoria

When do you need the room for? A week night? Is it a weekend? One night in NYC you can get a fabulous room for about 300 (you can get a good room for less) depends on where you go. I wouldn't worry about being SO close to the pier. If you are in Midtown Manhattan there is so much to see and it's gorgeous. If you are more south near the financial district and ground zero there isn't as much to see but still beautiful and either way you can grab a cab to the pier and it won't cost you more than 10$

go to hotels dot com and punch in nyc and your dates and you'll get some fantastic rates for nyc (everyone is different) but if i can afford it i'm definitely into 4 and 5 star. 3 1/2 stars is affordable and good in nyc but nothing LOWER.

don't go crazy looking on a confusing map for something close to the pier/west side highway.....stay at a place in the city you love and pay a cab to bring you the next morning. If you have any questions you can email me at jsantospaving@aol.com

Thank you all for your suggestions! I will definitely look into what you recommended.

The Plaza is actually surprising affordable for the weekend we'll be there (with a AAA discount!). I'm trying to decided if it will be "us"... I don't know if it will feel too fancy or anything.

Please let me know if anyone else has any other hotels we should also look into!

We stayed at the Doubletree Guest Suites in Time Square. It was nice and in the midst of everything.

I have however always wanted to stay at the Ritz Carlton Battery Park in one of the rooms with the Statue of Liberty views.

Thank you all for your suggestions! I will definitely look into what you recommended.

The Plaza is actually surprising affordable for the weekend we'll be there (with a AAA discount!). I'm trying to decided if it will be "us"... I don't know if it will feel too fancy or anything.

Please let me know if anyone else has any other hotels we should also look into!

Check out the Iroquois. It is a "boutique" hotel and the rooms are very romantic. It is in a great location, near everything, yet the prices are not that bad.

Definitely book The Plaza. The interior redo is just stunning. It will most certainly be "you".

Archived