Yellow fever immunization - Jewel 10-night caribbean/panama

PAGA

Has anyone recently done the itinerary visiting Colombia, Panama and Costa Rica (in that order)? And if so, were you required to have a yellow fever immunization/certification?

There is a passing reference to "including but not limited to certification of yellow fever vaccination" in the travel documentation section of my cruise documents for our upcoming Jewel cruise on November 20. I called RCCL and they say I do not need this immunization (so why mention it???). I have tried to call the CDC and keep getting disconnected because my hold time "times-out" because they are overwhelmed with H1N1 inquiries. I have checked the CDC website and the print is very, very tiny...but it suggests that Costa Rica requires the yellow fever vaccination for travelers coming from Colombia (perhaps this is only for residents of Colombia??).

Just looking for recent travelers' experiences. I will continue seeking factual medical advice. Thanks.

I have never been on your cruise itinerary but wanted to chime in. I am a US citizen but live in Colombia (not a resident though) and travel alot from here. Often what the law says about needing the yellow fever in other countries when coming from here is not enforced but if there is an increase in yellow fever cases, most likely they are going to ask you for your proof. Once you get it, it is good for 10 years and if your cruise is going to Santa Marta, Colombia it is a good idea to have it anyhow.

We will be on the same cruise. Have you signed up for the Meet & Mingle? We have done this cruise several times (just last May) and did not need any special shots. We are only in Cartegana for about five hours. Costa Rica, all day. But have traveled there often and never knew one was suggested. Come over to the Roll Call and get acquainted. See you in 24 days!!!!:D:D

Kathryn

Archived