Slight asthetic change to Epic's "hat"?

marinearchit

I checked and it does not appear anyone has mentioned this, so I hope I didn't miss anything.

Not sure how long it has been like this, but it appears that Epic's hat will now have blue painted on it's forward section, slanting backwards. Seems like a slight attempt to improve the profile from a difference, hoping the front portion will blend a bit with the sky.

http://epic.ncl.com/resources/images/1024x768-epicheroic.jpg

It may not make it blend in with the sky, but I do like the look of the blue.

I checked and it does not appear anyone has mentioned this, so I hope I didn't miss anything.

Not sure how long it has been like this, but it appears that Epic's hat will now have blue painted on it's forward section, slanting backwards. Seems like a slight attempt to improve the profile from a difference, hoping the front portion will blend a bit with the sky.

Dark colors are always flattering.. ;)

Thanks for the pic.. I still think she looks great.

Yeah, and that's a problem too. Really hate the new cabin layouts. Curves don't mask the fact that they are smaller. Anyway, nothing about the Epic appeals to me. Just cannot get excited about this ship at all. But like I've been saying, I'll wait and read the reviews. Maybe something will change my mind.

Epic is the least attractive ship I've seen, but we'll see if we sail on it. I'd be much more excited to sail on Oasis actually even though it is enormous. For being a huge ship, Oasis is sleek and refined; Epic has that Frankenstein characteristic...or maybe it's just close to Halloween. :)

I still can't believe that design ever made it past the 1st review.

Just picture the ship with that 3-4 deck afterthought stuck on the front : it would actually be a nice looking design.

It's too bad, but bad design can't help but reflect badly on NCL.

I find her a beautiful ship that is a new addtion to the Seas of 2010. Top deck has a 5000 sq ft suite for Hollywood type who can afford privacy and enjoy a great cruise. Then the smaller versions need space so they take the next 2 decks. But the cheap suites also get to use the area, which I disagree with since they are not the high price suite folks and they will crowd the area to the folks who can afford being in that great area. So we will see when Epic sails the mess that awaits them & the change that will happen.

It still looks like an "afterthought"...like they sort of plopped it on top at the last minute.....

I agree with the comments about the hat looking like an afterthought, but I don't know if I still think she's as ugly as I previously did. Maybe Epic's profile is a bit of an acquired taste?

PoA is still, by far, IMO, significantly uglier.

The designers did a good job with Oasis' exterior, though it was basically just to carry on the look of Royal's ships.

I think NCL wanted to go a different direction and have the ship stand out from the rest of the fleet rather than just be an addition. It seems that is what the designers did.

It reminds me of the blue the Leeward on her top deck above the main showroom. Leeward being much sleeker though. It helps some, but the Epic is what it is. A one of a kind, expensive newbuild experiment.

I don't fit the young demographic NCL is going for with this ship, so it just comes with the territory. Royal Caribbean has proven over the years that big ships don't have to sacrifice a pleasant exterior.

http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/NCL/Leeward04.jpg

Archived