How to tell when price drops?

sr5242

I am sorry if this has been asked before, but I had a question about price drops.

We are booked for the mar 28, 2010 ryndam w. caribbean cruise out of tampa. we booked what appeared to be the last 4 person outside view cabin for that sailing. When I put in 2 people, most of the cabins show availability.

However, my question is, how can I know if the price for my cabin drops- if I put in 4 people, no cabins show as available. If I put in for 2 people and I see the rate per person is lower than what I paid for the first 2 people in my cabin, would that rate also apply to our reservation?

any help is appreciated!

If you are wanting to be notified when the price drops, I have a website http://***** that will let you sign up for notifications when the price for your cruise drops. Hope I'm not breaking any rules with posting that.

In response to your question about the price of a 4 person room vs. a 2 person room, my understanding is that the price goes by category and not by the number of people a room can fit. For our upcoming cruise I booked a cabin for 4 people. That cabin is the same price for the first 2 people whether I have 2 or 4 people in that cabin. So as long as the drop in price was for the same category, the price drop should apply to your room as well.

If you are wanting to be notified when the price drops, I have a website ***** that will let you sign up for notifications when the price for your cruise drops. Hope I'm not breaking any rules with posting that.

In response to your question about the price of a 4 person room vs. a 2 person room, my understanding is that the price goes by category and not by the number of people a room can fit. For our upcoming cruise I booked a cabin for 4 people. That cabin is the same price for the first 2 people whether I have 2 or 4 people in that cabin. So as long as the drop in price was for the same category, the price drop should apply to your room as well.

I just went to the site and did a search to see availability on the Westerdam for 8+ days (we are on a 14 day B2B) departig for the Caribbean on 7 February 2010. However, when I did the search it only shows the Zuiderdam as available during the entire month of February...

Does this mean all the other HAL ships are booked solid??

Is this the program you were working on the last time we talked?? Great idea by the way!!

Joanie

My take on the OP's questions ... if your party requires a quad, then you can search for valid price drops only for quads. Meaning, if there is a price drop advertised in your category, but availability is nil when you search for quads, the advertised pricing would not apply to quads. I would surmise HAL has little need to do drastic price reductions on quads, as they likely sell them pretty readily.

I just went to the site and did a search to see availability on the Westerdam for 8+ days (we are on a 14 day B2B) departig for the Caribbean on 7 February 2010. However, when I did the search it only shows the Zuiderdam as available during the entire month of February...

Is this the program you were working on the last time we talked?? Great idea by the way!!

Joanie

Joanie - Your 7 February cruise is under Eastern Caribbean. There are also Eurodam cruises for the Eastern Caribbean itinerary shown along with another Westerdam cruise later in the month. I assume your B2B is a comibination of two 7 day cruises and the second sailing is probably a different itinerary like Western or Southern Caribbean.

If you are wanting to be notified when the price drops, I have a website ***** that will let you sign up for notifications when the price for your cruise drops. Hope I'm not breaking any rules with posting that.

What a great site! Thank you very much.:)

Joanie

I've been working on this site for about 2 years now. Started as a way for me to find out when my cruise price dropped and actually saved me some money. I get the information from a 3rd party so it is only as accurate as what I get from them. For the most part it is pretty accurate, but I have found some inconsistencies at times.

Thanks for the website. It's cool!

Joanie - Your 7 February cruise is under Eastern Caribbean. There are also Eurodam cruises for the Eastern Caribbean itinerary shown along with another Westerdam cruise later in the month. I assume your B2B is a comibination of two 7 day cruises and the second sailing is probably a different itinerary like Western or Southern Caribbean.

Awesome!!!

Yes I did have to break it down by both weeks, but that's ok for me. :DI ran both weeks and both prices have dropped!! I will make note of the price drops to my HAL PCC when I make our payment tomorrow:D

I LOVE IT!! GREAT SITE!!

Joanie

I am sorry if this has been asked before, but I had a question about price drops.

We are booked for the mar 28, 2010 ryndam w. caribbean cruise out of tampa. we booked what appeared to be the last 4 person outside view cabin for that sailing. When I put in 2 people, most of the cabins show availability.

However, my question is, how can I know if the price for my cabin drops- if I put in 4 people, no cabins show as available. If I put in for 2 people and I see the rate per person is lower than what I paid for the first 2 people in my cabin, would that rate also apply to our reservation?

any help is appreciated!

I had a similar experience with 3 people. I couldn't understand why I saw availability for 2 people (for a certain category), but not for 3 people (for the same category) particularly when all of the 2-person cabins (for the same category) on the deck plan showed they could accommodate 3 people. I called and was told that they were sold out of the category but were selling guarantees only. They will only sell guarantees to parties of 2. Maybe this is a similar thing you are seeing. When you put in 2 people, they are selling guarantees that may be at a lower price. I have my doubts that they will lower the price of your reservation, if this is the case.

I have found this not to be true. I had purchased a cabin for 3 and HAL dropped the price by 200pp after my booking. When I called them to ask for the discounted rate...I was told that I did not qualify because it was for 2 people cabins and not a 3. It was showing in the HAL site only on the 2 people BC cabins and showing sold out in the 3BC cabins. The thing is...there is only 4 BC cabins on the whole ship. I am assuming that because our 3rd person sails free...they are thinking that is enough of a discount?

If you are wanting to be notified when the price drops, I have a website http://***** that will let you sign up for notifications when the price for your cruise drops. Hope I'm not breaking any rules with posting that.

Does it work for European cruises? I searched for Northern Europe on Princess and nothing came up for July 2010. Looking for the Crown Princess British Isles.

I received a strange e-mail from Pricewatch website. (re "renting an apartment" Can someone explain.

Thanks,

Phyllis

I apologize for this. Some items that I am working on for a client got mixed in with my personal files. I have corrected the problem. Thank you for pointing this out to me.

Archived