Dining in Blu

Cleveleys Cruiser

We are looking forward to our trip to the Baltic in July 2010 and have booked an Aquaclass cabin on Celebrity Eclipse. This is our first trip with Celebrity so are not sure how everthing works - When dining in Blu is it still first and second seating - and if allocated first sitting is it easy to change once on board?

We are looking forward to our trip to the Baltic in July 2010 and have booked an Aquaclass cabin on Celebrity Eclipse. This is our first trip with Celebrity so are not sure how everthing works - When dining in Blu is it still first and second seating - and if allocated first sitting is it easy to change once on board?

Yes, the seating is the same as the MDR. You should have no problem getting second seating once on board. I believe they now will also offer open seating for Blu. A lot of people assigned seating in Blu eat in the MDR with cruise friends, so seating always opens up. We were on Solstice 15-day TA, and second seating had many, many open seats every night. Just check in with the Maitre "D.

If you visit Celebrity's main web page you will see a link called "My Celebrity" at the top of the page. This will take you to a page where you can login and then see your specific booking information. One of the many things available on your reservation page is a place to request early or late seating, or request to be wait listed if your preference is not available.

I highly recommend that you visit your booking reservation page so you can review all the information if for no other reason than to ensure everything is correct.

Thank you for the advice. My booking shows select dining which I would be happy with but I thought I had seen in another thread that select dining was not available in Blu.

I will certainly check my booking when I can - not sure how at the moment as I only have a group booking reference no issued by the TA - I was expecting to get a personalised booking ref so will have to follow up on that.

Once again thank you.

Thank you for the advice. My booking shows select dining which I would be happy with but I thought I had seen in another thread that select dining was not available in Blu.

I will certainly check my booking when I can - not sure how at the moment as I only have a group booking reference no issued by the TA - I was expecting to get a personalised booking ref so will have to follow up on that.

Once again thank you.

My booking is exactly the same as yours. Did you upgrade to Blu? This is what we did but nobody has changed our dining to Blu.

Mike

Once again thank you.

Select Dining means that you will be dining in the MDR. Blu assigment is standard for AQ cabins unless you specifically request Select Dining. Since you are apparently part of a group booking, the TA may have placed all the group in Select for some reason.

As of last week when I upgraded my room to a Blu cabin, Select Dining was not available in Blu. They even refunded my prepaid tips from my previous cabin as I had Select Dining.

If you are assigned to Blu and your reservation says Select Dining I would call someone immediately because you most likely are not assigned to eat in Blu but the MDR.

As of last week when I upgraded my room to a Blu cabin, Select Dining was not available in Blu. They even refunded my prepaid tips from my previous cabin as I had Select Dining.

If you are assigned to Blu and your reservation says Select Dining I would call someone immediately because you most likely are not assigned to eat in Blu but the MDR.

The cruise is this Thursday, Equinox. As far as I am concerned, if I upgrade to AQ, Blu comes with it! I will do battle on board if need be!

Mike

If you are in AQ/Blu your dining should show as the usual 6p or 8:30p timings even though you can ignore these and turn up as you wish for their flexi dining

If your booking shows CSD then it means you will not be seated in Blu but will be in the Main diningroom as this only offers select dining. If you have CSD then you must prepay the gratuities.

I'd get it sorted now.

If you are in AQ/Blu your dining should show as the usual 6p or 8:30p timings even though you can ignore these and turn up as you wish for their flexi dining

If your booking shows CSD then it means you will not be seated in Blu but will be in the Main diningroom as this only offers select dining. If you have CSD then you must prepay the gratuities.

I'd get it sorted now.

As of last week, they do not have the flex or Select dining in Blu. I upgraded last week to AQ and they gave me a credit for my select dining and gave me the early dining time. The rep said they do not have select dining in AQ. As I stated in an earlier post, if these people are showing Select dining they are not scheduled to eat in Blu.

As of last week, they do not have the flex or Select dining in Blu. I upgraded last week to AQ and they gave me a credit for my select dining and gave me the early dining time. The rep said they do not have select dining in AQ. As I stated in an earlier post, if these people are showing Select dining they are not scheduled to eat in Blu.

I spoke with Celebrity. I was told not to worry about what my dining option showed on My Celebrity, all AQ cabins are allocated to Blu. I asked what time I would get and was told that they now do have a flexi dining option (which is what I have read on other threads). We had already prepaid gratuities. Different to what Don was told so I have the operators name!!

Don - What did you mean when you said "they gave me a credit for my select dining"?

Thanks

Mike

Mike-

I hope you're right because I have also spoken with Celebrity and they told me that even though one may be in an AQ stateroom if one chooses "Select Dining" then they will NOT be eating in Blu but in the main dining room....I wound up selecting the late seating in Blu even though I wanted early because I want to eat in Blu and don't want a problem once I board. Now I have read that once assigned in Blu you can go to the Maitre'd and ask to eat at a different time and they are very accommodating, calling it "Flex Dining" rather than "Celebrity Select Dining" but you can NOT formally sign up for "flex dining" in Blu at this time until you are on the ship. Just what I've been told and read over the past few weeks.

Gracie

[quote name=

Don - What did you mean when you said "they gave me a credit for my select dining"?

Thanks

Mike[/quote]

I had prepaid the gratuities when I had my previous cabin....They gave me a credit for that since Select dining was not available in Blu...

Mike-

I hope you're right because I have also spoken with Celebrity and they told me that even though one may be in an AQ stateroom if one chooses "Select Dining" then they will NOT be eating in Blu but in the main dining room....I wound up selecting the late seating in Blu even though I wanted early because I want to eat in Blu and don't want a problem once I board. Now I have read that once assigned in Blu you can go to the Maitre'd and ask to eat at a different time and they are very accommodating, calling it "Flex Dining" rather than "Celebrity Select Dining" but you can NOT formally sign up for "flex dining" in Blu at this time until you are on the ship. Just what I've been told and read over the past few weeks.

Gracie

Gracie,

I was told the same thing by a Celebrity rep. I opted to stay with late dining in Blu also. No need to worry about that once on board!

1) Celebrity Select Dining

Available to all guests (including AQ)

Available in the main dining room only

Requires pre-payment of gratuities

Guests have the ability to make reservations online (through CelebrityCruises.com) at the time that they'd like to dine for each night of the cruise

2) Flexible Dining in Blu

Replaces the current "traditional dining" structure (main and second seating)

Does not require pre-payment of gratuities

Only available to AQ guests (and also to suite guests if space is available)

Guests can make reservations for the times that they'd like to dine each night in Blu, but can only do so once onboard the ship.

Guests have the ability to make reservations online (through CelebrityCruises.com) at the time that they'd like to dine for each night of the cruise

Guests can make reservations for the times that they'd like to dine each night in Blu, but can only do so once onboard the ship.

Albert:

I hope your right, I will find out in two weeks. Rep at Celebrity knew nothing about it last week. I'll let you know.

Don - Look forward to hearing how you get on. My cruise isn't until July so I will decide what to do after hearing from you.

I am sure all will fall into place.

Have a great time!

Thank you, I will post it ASAP, first night however we are eating in Murano....Hopefully, someone on the current cruise will let us know....I like the option for this four day cruise I will be on if it is available...

Just registered today because of the main question I had since I booked my trip for February yesterday. The question you discuss here in this topic.

The german website even is quite "light" and has just few informations and FAQ. So I did not know before I read the english website, that me as a AQ with CSD option will not be able to eat in Blu.

After all it does not make any sence to me, having a "flexible" Dining at Blu but not for AQ guests who booked CSD. So I assume, that I should cancel my CSD right now to have CSD in Blue, which is not CSD but "Flexilbe Dining at Blu".:confused:

Just registered today because of the main question I had since I booked my trip for February yesterday. The question you discuss here in this topic.

The german website even is quite "light" and has just few informations and FAQ. So I did not know before I read the english website, that me as a AQ with CSD option will not be able to eat in Blu.

After all it does not make any sence to me, having a "flexible" Dining at Blu but not for AQ guests who booked CSD. So I assume, that I should cancel my CSD right now to have CSD in Blue, which is not CSD but "Flexilbe Dining at Blu".:confused:

Willkommen !

If you want to dine in Blu you should have either the early or late dining time but you can dine at any time. If you have CSD on your booking then you are eating in the main dining room and not in Blu. So I recommend getting it changed.

• 4 weeks later...
Willkommen !

If you want to dine in Blu you should have either the early or late dining time but you can dine at any time. If you have CSD on your booking then you are eating in the main dining room and not in Blu. So I recommend getting it changed.

Funny, I finally called Celebrity Cruises Germany (!) today to cancel my free dining option.

They still don´t have any information, that CSD is the main dining room and even that there is no fix time for Blue, even without CSD.

But I canceled today due to your all recommendation. After all it makes sense to me, even if Celebrity Cruises Germany didn´t understand my request and didn´t had the information. Thanks to all of you! This forum pays off from the first minute I read it!

Funny, I finally called Celebrity Cruises Germany (!) today to cancel my free dining option.

They still don´t have any information, that CSD is the main dining room and even that there is no fix time for Blue, even without CSD.

But I canceled today due to your all recommendation. After all it makes sense to me, even if Celebrity Cruises Germany didn´t understand my request and didn´t had the information. Thanks to all of you! This forum pays off from the first minute I read it!

I was just on Equinox and will confirm that what Albert passed on to you is correct...Even some in Celebrity USA don't understand it...

I'm sure you will enjoy Blu. One thing to keep in mind when choosing your dining time: the dining experience takes much less time in Blu than it might in the MDR (not having eaten dinner there on Equinox I can't say for sure). We were generally done within 1 1/2 hours. The meal was really well paced and there was little lapse between courses.

Archived