Self-Disembarkation

Off Shore

We recently returned from a cruise on another cruise line. They allowed passengers who could handle their own luggage to self-disembark when they wished.

Does the Celebrity Equinox hoave such a policy?

Yes they do. I've used it several times and never experienced a problem. You just need to make sure that you can carry luggage yourself, no help is available to assist you.

This system worked beautifully for us. Rollers on luggage make it so easy to walk off. Left packed luggage in our cabin, took our time with b'fast, returned to pick luggage up and a last look around, then disembarked with no fuss checking through lines of baggage, right through security and off to the airport. You advise the night prior this is your intention next day so the handlers don't look for your luggage outside the door during the night.

• 2 weeks later...

On my October Equinox cruise out of Rome I don't think it was offered. I may be wrong. They claimed they had a very quick, and smooth running disembarkation procedure with very small groups. I had an early flight and was off the ship at 6:15AM. Exactly when they said I would be off.

Archived