Guarantee Assigned Already?!

BuckeyeLotus

I'm new to NCL and confused. I did a Guarantee which I have done on other lines many times (I love the gamble). At 7 months out and without making final payment I already had a room assigned. Is this common? Will my room change? Sadly I got no upgrade. I was just wondering if any of you seasoned NCL cruisers know anything about NCL. I've never gotten a room assigned before actually paying for the cruise and never this far out!

In the past, I've had them wait to be assigned, get one in a few weeks, and immediately at time of booking. Seems to be no rhyme or reason.

The last one I booked for 11/29, I received the upgrade immediately. The time before, the same thing happened.

I'm thinking there will still be a chance for an upgrade albeit maybe not a good chance.

To those who regretted not booking a cabin, you took a chance and it didn't work so there is no need to get too worried about it. You received the category what you paid for. If one is worred about their cabin, I would recommend not going GTY.

I will keep booking GTY as room location is not a big deal with me.

I am new to NCL as well and picked a guaranteed inside cabin. Where do I see if I was assigned yet or not?

Hi Pinksand. Are you registered on the NCL website? If so, it should tell you on your reservation. If not, you can register by clicking on "Log into my NCL" in the upper right had corner. Thre will be a spot to register on the left side of the page under New Users. You will also be able to look at Shore Excursuions for your sailing and fill out your documentaion. Hope you have a great trip!:)

Hi Pinksand. Are you registered on the NCL website? If so, it should tell you on your reservation. If not, you can register by clicking on "Log into my NCL" in the upper right had corner. Thre will be a spot to register on the left side of the page under New Users. You will also be able to look at Shore Excursuions for your sailing and fill out your documentaion. Hope you have a great trip!:)

Ok-I checked and it says I am in room 4589, category N.(not sure what the category means??) which looks like it is on the lowest level...It looks like all that is on this level is rooms and the medical center. Can anyone tell me what this means to them? Is it an ok place to be on the very bottom? :) Is it loud? What does the category mean?

Thanks!!!

I've never actually booked a 'quaranteed' cabin before; but on our upcoming cruise I decided to give it a try. Only because I looked to see how many cabins were actually left in the category I chose; and there weren't many...so I figured my chances for an upgrade were better. And I was right they upgraded us a couple of categories. Having said that, I don't think I would ever book a gtd. cabin in any category that I felt I wouldn't be able to stay in. And, they did assign us our cabin quite quickly! Now, I'm keeping my eye on getting an upsell. Ya never know until you try:-)

Cheers everyone

Sandy

Ok-I checked and it says I am in room 4589, category N.(not sure what the category means??) which looks like it is on the lowest level...It looks like all that is on this level is rooms and the medical center. Can anyone tell me what this means to them? Is it an ok place to be on the very bottom? :) Is it loud? What does the category mean?

Thanks!!!

to ME its what i got the lowest/cheapest INSIDE and was NOT HAPPY with that so upgraded...to much activity on deck 4 always NOISY and BUSY i personally WONT be down that far....

to ME its what i got the lowest/cheapest INSIDE and was NOT HAPPY with that so upgraded...to much activity on deck 4 always NOISY and BUSY i personally WONT be down that far....

Can I ask what the noise is from? It says there is nothing on this floor but rooms and the medical facility. Would it really be busy and noisy at night when we are sleeping? This is the only time we will be in our room. Thanks!

Can I ask what the noise is from? It says there is nothing on this floor but rooms and the medical facility. Would it really be busy and noisy at night when we are sleeping? This is the only time we will be in our room. Thanks!

I can't imagine what they're talking about since I've been "down that low" and found it as quiet as can be.:) Now I have heard people that were in "higher real estate", like under the pool deck and they complained about noise there from pool parties and lounges being moved around.;)

Pinksand,

I have stayed on deck 4 before and I thought it was just fine. Since there was only cabins on one side, there was not a lot of traffic and I heard no noise. Plus you are down low and down feel the movement of the ship too bad in bad seas. I recalled they used deck 4 for the tenders to Great Stirrup Cay but even with the line to get on it wasn't bad and it wasn't like ot was the middle of the night. When you book a guarantee, you need be prepared for whatever you get. Upgrades or Upsells are not always part of a Guarantee. What ship are you on if I may ask?

Edit, I see you on the Pearl by your countdown clock.

I checked out your cabin, it is the last inside cabin in the row more towards the center of the shipl You may be near the door they disemark from (that big gap on the outside section of the ship.) Again, it not like there will be people coming going in the middle of the night since the ships leave port way before then. I wouldn't worry about it. Enjoy your cruise and if the GTY turns out to be less than you expected, book the room you want in the future. Have a great time.:)

I've found Deck 4 to be quiet other than when passengers are disembarking at port. If you're on anything other than a European cruise, where lines will often start to form at the exit long before the ship is cleared to allow passengers to disembark, this location should be fine.

I like the lower decks when traveling solo. If you will not be up and awake for disembarkation on port days it may get a bit noisy in your location during those times. I agree the Med Center is where there will be less motion. Enjoy your cruise.:)

I do believe that some people are confused when it comes to GTY bookings. I think the key is to book the lower category you would be happy with so if there are no upgrades, you're still fine.

I book only GTY and have good luck and will continue to do so. If you are one that feel the need to book the location, then GTY is not for you. Also keep in mind that an upgrade to a cruise line is not necessarily an upgrade in the eyes of the passenger.

True Story

We booked a GTY on the old Norway years ago. Funny, but I will never forget the room number because we have laughed about it for years. V248.

When we got there we were surpised to see that we had the tiniest interior room that I have ever seen.

It had one twin lower bunk, and one twin upper bunk, so needless to say, DH and I did not sleep together. (accept for one night we made a bed on the floor :))

It was located nearby the disco, so we had a nice fight or two every night outside our door.

And the biggest problem, the air did not work, and someone had even written DOES NOT WORK on the thermostat. When we were in our room, sweat poured off of us.

They said it was a full ship, and they had no where to move us to. So we indured the whole week in this room.

Ya know what? We still had a fabulous time. It's all what ya make of it! ;)

Our last GTY room was for Bermuda. I liked where it was as I didn't feel the motion of the ship too much. We were also on the 4th floor.

You may not want to be on that floor if you're going to Bermuda (because you hear all kinds of folk and their drama...ALL NIGHT LONG!!:mad:) But unless you're a light sleeper, its not exactly the worst downside.

-Q

It seems that NCL does Guarantees a little different. If they are assigning rooms right after booking before final payment they aren't using them quite like other lines. I thought the theory was to fill a category while keeping the guarantees in limbo, assigning them at a later date in what was left over. In the past I've found out while standing on the pier or month before the cruise.

However I would never book a category I wouldn't be happy with expecting an upgrade. I did booked a higher category and am happy with my room on deck Nine, but I had hoped for an upgrade, just surprised to see a room assigned already.

It seems that NCL does Guarantees a little different. If they are assigning rooms right after booking before final payment they aren't using them quite like other lines. I thought the theory was to fill a category while keeping the guarantees in limbo, assigning them at a later date in what was left over. In the past I've found out while standing on the pier or month before the cruise.

However I would never book a category I wouldn't be happy with expecting an upgrade. I did booked a higher category and am happy with my room on deck Nine, but I had hoped for an upgrade, just surprised to see a room assigned already.

I once booked a guarantee on Royal Caribbean and it was handled the same way. I got my cabin assignment within 24 hours of booking...and that was at the junior suite level, not the lowest inside category.

They don't necessarily want to keep the guarantees in limbo. If they have plenty of low category cabins to fill they'll use them up to force later bookings to pay more for higher category cabins.

Our last GTY room was for Bermuda. I liked where it was as I didn't feel the motion of the ship too much. We were also on the 4th floor.

You may not want to be on that floor if you're going to Bermuda (because you hear all kinds of folk and their drama...ALL NIGHT LONG!!:mad:) But unless you're a light sleeper, its not exactly the worst downside.

-Q

LOL..I jsut sat here and stared at you little video. Too funny!

PS: I hate drama!!!

Archived