Remember your Tylenol!!! (or painkiller of choice)

We sailed the EOS last week and my DW came down with a headache. We always travel with tylenol or equiv., but for some reason she only had one and mine was empty. Went to the sundry store on board and payed $10.99 for a 24 count bottle. OUCH! We now have lovely video with narration of the bottle in our stateroom for posterity sake!

I dont know if Royal does this since I havent sailed with them yet, but I know on Carnival you know go to the infirmary and right outside is a area with Tylenol, Aspririn, sea sick meds and bandaids free for the taking.

On the other hand I had to pay 3.99 for 2 pills of benedryl so now I take a nice assortment of whatever I think I may possibly ever need.

We always bring the medicine cabinet.....a few bottles of this and that don't take up any space, and it's sure better than those prices on the ship!

I do the same. A bottle a calamine clear cost $35 on Explorer a few years ago. OUCH!

I was on the Monarch and when you tender to their island they have a wall mounted unit with various items like a vending machine. I am unsure if it was suppose to be for the crew but I know you could pop in 50 cents and buy pain reliever to a condom.

We sailed the EOS last week and my DW came down with a headache. We always travel with tylenol or equiv., but for some reason she only had one and mine was empty. Went to the sundry store on board and payed $10.99 for a 24 count bottle. OUCH! We now have lovely video with narration of the bottle in our stateroom for posterity sake!

Just checked CVS on line.. 24 Tylenol is regularly priced $5.29. Not cheap either. You "paid" top dollar for the convenience of them stocking the item you wanted.

I got a migraine the morning we docked in San Juan. Luckily we weren't to leave the ship until 12:30. I didn't have any headache medicine but sitting under the hot shower spray helped. My husband went to the infirmary and they gave him about 6 sample packs of excedrine for free. I thought that was extra nice.

But I do agree about being prepared. Now I don't travel without my (prescription) migraine medicine, benadryl and pepto.

I made the same mistake on our last cruise. I thought I had packed the Tylenol and Ibuprofen but, when we got onboard I couldn't find it when I needed it. Needless to say I don't want to forget it again.

Originally Posted by chucknmarilyn

I can relate! I had a headache when I got off Serenade (probably because they were making me get off!) ....

I usually need the tylenol then for the pains in my hands because they've had to pry them off my balcony railings.

No kidding!! I also need a tranquilizer to calm my crying jag when getting off :)!!!! I hate disembarkation day!!!!!!

Carol

also some things you buy may set off a red flag to the medical department.Bring your pain killers,pepto and allergy meds

:cj

Allergy meds - DEFINITELY. Even if I'm having no problems at home, I always have em. When I suffered migraines, they went everywhere with me. Can't imagine ... then to the airport? ugh... sorry for anyone that has ever had to do that.

regarding red flag, you mean like maybe someone is ill and not reporting it?

Thanks for the reminder. I forgot to pack eyedrops and they were very expensive on the ship for a tiny bottle. Now that tiny bottle is already packed for next time.

Jan

Nice to know that I am not the only one to pack every medicine under the sun!:D

We had all of our over the counter stuff in our checked bags on our last cruise, well I got a killer headache and had to wait for the bags to be delivered, thank goodness they came early! I almost sent my partner to the infirmary because I was in such pain.

What happened to the days when we threw a few items into a suitcase and took off. Now, I think my medince list is longer than my clothing list. Goodness forbid that I set sail without my pepcid, asprin and way too many others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Like many others that have posted we also have a "Travel Medical Bag" Filled with all kinds of medicines, band aids, gauze and tapes, a small ace bandage....I guess it came from 25 years of DH being an EMT. Its a small bag so it doesn't take up much room.....we don't leave home with out it.

I too pack a bunch of meds that we might need. Better to have it with us than wishing we brought it along or having to pay high costs to get it. I'm sure my family thinks I'm nuts with all that I pack. However we have used alot of the stuff I brought.

Archived